Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Finasteride

Does anyone have input on the effectiveness of finasteride vs Red Reshi.

Also does anyone have info on 5mg vs 1mg for feminization purposes. 

Thanks, J

Does anyone have input on the effectiveness of finasteride vs Red Reshi.

Thanks, J

(14-01-2022, 08:27 PM)jessicam7238 Wrote:  Does anyone have input on the effectiveness of finasteride vs Red Reshi.

Thanks, J

I do! I've taken all three. No comparison, 5mg finasteride is the way to go. 1mg finasteride and 1500 mg RR seemed about equivalent. 5 mg is easily as effective as Spiro as an anti-androgen, without some of the breast growth challenges Spiro is associated with, though you may still test high for circulating T as finasteride blocks uptake of T, not production. Happy to answer any questions you have.

(14-01-2022, 10:01 PM)JustAbbey Wrote:  
(14-01-2022, 08:27 PM)jessicam7238 Wrote:  Does anyone have input on the effectiveness of finasteride vs Red Reshi.

Thanks, J

I do! I've taken all three. No comparison, 5mg finasteride is the way to go. 1mg finasteride and 1500 mg RR seemed about equivalent. 5 mg is easily as effective as Spiro as an anti-androgen, without some of the breast growth challenges Spiro is associated with, though you may still test high for circulating T as finasteride blocks uptake of T, not production. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Abby,  

Can you expound on how it is more effective? 

Also, did you experience any mood or libido changes ?

From what I've always read, and my own blood test results, Finasteride really only works on one component of DHT, not T itself, and for full effect 1 mg daily works fine (it's easier and cheaper to get the 5 mg size, which is why most get).

Dutasteride works on more than one component of DHT, and you only need to take 0.5 mg daily.

(15-01-2022, 03:15 PM)jessicam7238 Wrote:  Abby,  

Sure! 1mg finasteride and 1500 mg RR both had definite effects. Most obvious was some early breast growth, loss of spontaneous erections (morning wood) and overall improvement in mental health due to decreased sexual urges and other T related emotions.

Once I switched up to 5mg finasteride, I noticed a marked increase in breast growth and body feminization, specifically facial changes. I had a further decrease in sex drive, but was still able to get an erection when aroused. Ejaculate almost completely disappeared, and testicle size decreased by about 50%.

Dutasteride is also a very good option, and I would imagine will replace finasteride in the coming years since it is a more broadly acting DHT blocker.

I chose the DHT blockers over Spirolactone for two reasons: first, as a pretty athletic person I didn't want to deal with the diuretic side-effects of Spiro, and second, there is pretty good evidence that Spiro inhibits breast growth by acting as an estrogen competing agonist triggering early breast bud fusion. There is good evidence that high circulating (free) testosterone levels don't have much correlation, and in fact, higher circulating T levels on DHT blockers is an indication that it is not being converted/bound in T sensitive tissues.

Hope this helps!

When you say 1mg of fin and 1500 RR, do you mean together as a combination?

Interesting thread and thanks to all for the input as I'm interested in this.
I'm on Finastride 1mg daily and have the same sort of response as Abby, so now just thinking about upping it and see what effectthat has.
I think they mean 1mg of Finastride is equal to 1500mg of RR as in one of teh other , not taken together.

(16-01-2022, 04:57 AM)JustAbbey Wrote:  
(15-01-2022, 03:15 PM)jessicam7238 Wrote:  Abby,  

Sure! 1mg finasteride and 1500 mg RR both had definite effects. Most obvious was some early breast growth, loss of spontaneous erections (morning wood) and overall improvement in mental health due to decreased sexual urges and other T related emotions.

Once I switched up to 5mg finasteride, I noticed a marked increase in breast growth and body feminization, specifically facial changes. I had a further decrease in sex drive, but was still able to get an erection when aroused. Ejaculate almost completely disappeared, and testicle size decreased by about 50%.

Dutasteride is also a very good option, and I would imagine will replace finasteride in the coming years since it is a more broadly acting DHT blocker.

I chose the DHT blockers over Spirolactone for two reasons: first, as a pretty athletic person I didn't want to deal with the diuretic side-effects of Spiro, and second, there is pretty good evidence that Spiro inhibits breast growth by acting as an estrogen competing agonist triggering early breast bud fusion. There is good evidence that high circulating (free) testosterone levels don't have much correlation, and in fact, higher circulating T levels on DHT blockers is an indication that it is not being converted/bound in T sensitive tissues.

Hope this helps!
There are emotional changes for me and often I get a tingley feeling in my face and lips.  I have been a femine male since as long as I remember and the aggresion i felt from testosterone was not so good.  I have done Reishi and it works very to suppress this.  I can't say I will ever be a full time woman but it is nice to be able to share things here.  I've always felt like a freak but it's been so long in my life I kind of don't worry about it, it is just how I am <3

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon