Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

pm and medication

is anyone taking pm while taking the medication known as bisoprolol which is a beta blocker.  i have looked but can`t find anything regarding interactions.

thanks

(10-01-2022, 03:07 PM)geordie1959 Wrote:  

is anyone taking pm while taking the medication known as bisoprolol which is a beta blocker.  i have looked but can`t find anything regarding interactions.

thanks

I take BP meds (multiple types).  I have tried PM in a variety of forms (pills, oil) and it raises my blood pressure.  Because of the BP issue, I do not use PM.  IMO, and this is not medical advice, if you are taking BP meds (whatever type),you should not be taking a herb (or anything else, like salty foods) that may increase your BP.  What you can do is get a blood pressure monitor and see if PM increases you BP. Other highly estrogenic herbs like RC also increase my BP.  I have used FG and it does not increase my BP.

(10-01-2022, 03:25 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

(10-01-2022, 03:07 PM)geordie1959 Wrote:  

thanks

I take BP meds (multiple types).  I have tried PM in a variety of forms (pills, oil) and it raises my blood pressure.  Because of the BP issue, I do not use PM.  IMO, and this is not medical advice, if you are taking BP meds (whatever type),you should not be taking a herb (or anything else, like

salty foods) that may increase your BP.  What you can do is get a blood pressure monitor and see if PM increases you BP. Other highly estrogenic herbs like RC also increase my BP.  I have used FG and it does not increase my BP.

thanks forthat.

yes i have bought a bp monitor and had it checked at the docs to see how accurate it was,thankfully it was spot on so i can happily say that my bp has been spot on while using the pm cream as well as the pm spray, i thought i would ask about the tablets but since i am already using the creamand spray daily then adding the pm capsules morning and night might not make that much difference?

what do you think?

I use high blood pressure pills and those pills are beta blockers. I started taking PM with caution. I started with 500 mg a day and ended up with 1500 mg a day. I often controlled my blood pressure and fortunately PM had no effect, i.e. my blood pressure did not increase.

Good to hear you are monitoring your BP.  Everyone is different.  All I can say is try herbs one at a time and see how they affect your body.

(10-01-2022, 04:45 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

Good to hear you are monitoring your BP.  Everyone is different.  All I can say is try herbs one at a time and see how they affect your body.

my intention is to take 1 x 250 in the morning and 1 at night making 500 a day in total but still use the cream morning and night and the spray mid afternoon.

i have a bottle of 500mg pm capsules and have also just bought biovea 250 capsules but noticed on the biovea bottle it says 250mg pm but also included flour and a few other items which take the capsules upto 500mg, im not so sure about these having added ingredients so can anyone give any insight as to how good/safe they are please??.

please, if anyone else wants to comment then please do.

thanks

Thumbs Up 

I totally agree with thegirl1951. Every body is different and every body reacts differently, both to pharmaceutical preparations and to herbal preparations. I started with the lowest dose because I wanted my body to get used to it, and on the other hand I followed my body’s reactions. If there was a negative reaction in any segment, I would immediately stop the therapy.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon