Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Reconfiguring and Repurposing Bras

I have not been able to find shelf or half cup bras locally so I set out to modify a couple of my old bras that did not fit just right. One was a Auden Balconette Bra from Target that didn't really fit me well. I cut out the lace cups and relocated the strap to the outer end of the underwire. Now it fits amazingly well and I love the way the underwire come up so high in the middle!

[Image: reconfigured-shelf-bra.jpg]

The results wearing it:

[Image: shelf-bra-green.jpg]

Then I took an $8 No Boundaries Pushup Bra from Walmart and created a half-cup bra by cutting the foam cups straight across, re-sewed the lace front lining to cover the cut and reattached the straps to the end of the underwire. The straps also have a ring and hook in the back so you can clip them together for better support up front. Forgot to take a before photo. It also fits like a boobie glove! lol

[Image: Reconfigured-half-cup-bra.jpg]

And wearing it:

[Image: halfcup.jpg]

Any seamstresses out there try modifying their lingerie?

(21-12-2021, 05:17 AM)karren hutton Wrote:  

I have not been able to find shelf or half cup bras locally so I set out to modify a couple of my old bras that did not fit just right. One was a Auden Balconette Bra from Target that didn't really fit me well. I cut out the lace cups and relocated the strap to the outer end of the underwire. Now it fits amazingly well and I love the way the underwire come up so high in the middle!

[Image: reconfigured-shelf-bra.jpg]

The results wearing it:

[Image: shelf-bra-green.jpg]

Then I took an $8 No Boundaries Pushup Bra from Walmart and created a half-cup bra by cutting the foam cups straight across, re-sewed the lace front lining to cover the cut and reattached the straps to the end of the underwire. The straps also have a ring and hook in the back so you can clip them together for better support up front. Forgot to take a before photo. It also fits like a boobie glove! lol

[Image: Reconfigured-half-cup-bra.jpg]

And wearing it:

[Image: halfcup.jpg]

Any seamstresses out there try modifying their lingerie?

Wow, congrats on your work and your breasts! I do not sew and have not in years. Funny story, as a small child I would try and sew clothes for my G.I. Joes. Then I found some old panty hose that were being tossed out in our garbage. I cut the stockings off, found some elastic and made a garter belt with stockings with my sewing skills. I would see garter belts in the Sears catalog and in my father's Fredrick's of Hollywood catalogs. I was in envy of the ladies wearing them and wanted to wear them too. Now I just buy my garters and stockings. And they look nicer that my homemade pair!

Oh, nicely done!

Thanks Kay and Eve!  I am not the greatest seamstress but I can get two pieces of cloth to stick together.   Lol

So I was out shopping last week and bought a 2 pack of Maidenform
push-up bras. One in red and lacy and one in plain black. The black
one was boring so I decided to spice it up.... with 50 thumb tacks
glued into each cup. I call it my punishment bra and have to wear it
when ever i am bad! lol

Punishment Bra

[Image: torture-bra-inside.jpg]

[Image: torture-bra-worn.jpg]

[Image: punishment-bra-2.jpg]

Ouch! Those tacks look painful!

I treat my girls gently!

<3

Kay

(04-04-2022, 03:04 PM)Kay Wrote:  

Ouch! Those tacks look painful!

I treat my girls gently!

<3

Kay

Actually breasts are pretty durable and the tacks do not hurt as much as you would think, Kay.   Kind of like laying on a bed of nails.  One Nail would pierce the skin but 50 has sufficient surface area to not.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon