Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Phytoestrogen and leg cramps at night

Every time I try one of the phytoestrogen herbs (PM, Hops, etc) I develop leg cramps that night.  It is not related to DVT since I am on 2 different blood thinners and the cramps appear almost immediately (12- 48 hours nighttime) after taking the herbs.  For me, statins also cause leg cramps.  I take the recommended vitamins/minerals to combat the cramps but that does not help. Does anyone have an answer to this issue?

I take 8PN (hops extract), and I think that it is a diuretic. I can get cramps from being dehydrated. I try to drink more water. And I take magnesium before bed. Not sure if this info helps.

(12-12-2021, 10:54 PM)Kay Wrote:  

I take 8PN (hops extract), and I think that it is a diuretic. I can get cramps from being dehydrated. I try to drink more water. And I take magnesium before bed. Not sure if this info helps.

Thanks for your input.  I take Mg (about 400 mg) and K, and I drink water before bed. Nothing that I have tried helps.  I was wondering if testosterone is an issue?  I may have high T and would that cause the interaction with phytoestrogenic herbs?  Maybe I need to take something to reduce T?

I wish you luck finding your souce. When I was getting leg cramps, I searched the internet and there are so many things that can cause cramps that my head was spinning. Things like dehydration, low sodium, low magnesium, low calcium, low electrolytes, ...

My friend's wife had leg cramps and took calcium at night and it helped. My wife swears that an aspirin cures her leg cramps.

I did a quick search for leg cramps and hormones. There was an article about leg cramps and menopause, but I didn't read it as I have to get to work. For reducing T, I take resishi, drink green tea and mint tea. 

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon