Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Noogleberry losing pressure in one cup

Hey all
I use my noogleberry which is well fitted to my chest, have used it properly before with cups barely losing suction. Now I notice that one cup holds pressure, and one loses pressure very quickly. Any ideas? The pump itself is fine, after I've taken the pump out the one good cup stays under pressure perfectly fine but the bad cup will lose pressure even while the pump is on. Tubing is fine, in fact I am pumping one breast at a time with one length of tubing.

(03-12-2021, 10:38 PM)Phanatic Wrote:  Hey all
I use my noogleberry which is well fitted to my chest, have used it properly before with cups barely losing suction. Now I notice that one cup holds pressure, and one loses pressure very quickly. Any ideas? The pump itself is fine, after I've taken the pump out the one good cup stays under pressure perfectly fine but the bad cup will lose pressure even while the pump is on. Tubing is fine, in fact I am pumping one breast at a time with one length of tubing.
does it have airlocks fitted to each cup?

Yeah, airlocks on both.

(03-12-2021, 10:49 PM)Phanatic Wrote:  Yeah, airlocks on both.
ok, change the sealing o rings fitted at the base of the airlock where it joins the cup / dome. easy to do, unscrew and replace the oring, i have used 3 on each of mine to lift valve further out of the cup.

also change the oring on the non return valve inside the airlock. iirc, push the pin all the way in and slide the locking plate off to get at them.

i will go check now and get back in 2 mins x

some oil based lubricants and detergents break them down and cause leaks

Good idea. I have some larger cups that are too big for me, I can borrow the O rings from them. Thanks, I'll give this a try!

(03-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Phanatic Wrote:  Good idea. I have some larger cups that are too big for me, I can borrow the O rings from them. Thanks, I'll give this a try!

seems i have 2 different sorts of valve, so..........if you push the spring loaded inner valve / plunger in,. after removing the airlock valve from the cup, you will see a plastic 'nipple' (lol)) with an oring on, this small oring prevents the valve allowing air back in. when the valve is pushed in the oring can be carefully pried off and replaced. i have just tried this and it worked ok, i would not remove the top plate as its a bitch to get back on with the springs and pins!

I will check my other valves to see they are the same, as i have hybridised a lot of my set ups.........

Adding an extra O ring on the outside does seem to have reduced the leak a ton, now at high pressure it only bleeds PSI very slowly.

It's a big improvement, actually usable now, thank you.

(03-12-2021, 11:14 PM)Lady Charlotte Wrote:  
(03-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Phanatic Wrote:  Good idea. I have some larger cups that are too big for me, I can borrow the O rings from them. Thanks, I'll give this a try!

seems i have 2 different sorts of valve, so..........if you push the spring loaded inner valve / plunger in,. after removing the airlock valve from the cup, you will see a plastic 'nipple' (lol)) with an oring on, this small oring prevents the valve allowing air back in. when the valve is pushed in the oring can be carefully pried off and replaced. i have just tried this and it worked ok, i would not remove the top plate as its a bitch to get back on with the springs and pins!

I will check my other valves to see they are the same, as i have hybridised a lot of my set ups.........
just checked, all valves are the same, so my last info is correct way to replace inner valve o rings

(03-12-2021, 11:17 PM)Phanatic Wrote:  Adding an extra O ring on the outside does seem to have reduced the leak a ton, now at high pressure it only bleeds PSI very slowly.

It's a big improvement, actually usable now, thank you.

cool!, im off to have a nice long soak and noogle too
be safe x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon