Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Question on a DIY pump

I wanted to give a breast pump a try and from what I've been reading it mixes will with massages (those are turning out to be quite fun).

I found some threads on DIY pumps and have been trying to get a functioning one with minimal success. For the tube I'm using a thin tube used for an inground sprinkler system to suck the air out. I don't have an effective hand pump on hand/trying to figure out where to find one, and an electric pump would be to loud/don't know how well I can control it. I'm still trying to figure out what works best as the dome part. The major issue I'm having right now is trying to get it airtight, if you can give me an recommendations for that I would really appreciate it!

I don't have much on my chest and my goal is just to grow there. I think I understand the basics for it: drink alot of water before and during. Don't have the dome to close to the armpit. Be careful about doing the suction to the point where it hurts/don't do it for to long in one session or take breaks between on a longer session. If there is anything else I'm missing please let me know.

Karren is the master of DIY pumps, and I'm sure she will be along shortly. You can search her posts and find some help there in the mean time.

For the pump, try ebay, you might get lucky.
Also they are used in the automotive mechanics business for pulling vacuum on fuel systems and testing sensors, check with autozone, NAPA, advanced, etc, or ebay.

You also want to make sure you are well lubed. Olive oil, coconut oil, and others work well. and keeping the breasts warm before and after helps too.

Bobbi

You can buy high quality vacuum pumps for automotive servicing. Amazon sells a variety of them. You can also buy them at an automotive store.

Here is a link to the Amazon hand pump for $20

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Protected-Adapters-One-Man-Bleeding/dp/B08GZTNNGR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=384QDEA5V4XM1&keywords=automotive+hand+vacuum+pump&qid=1637489901&sprefix=automotive+hand+vacuum%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWDgzNjNOQ1dSOUwwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTQwNzg0QUtNSEtNM1lQVkxDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMTE2OTczMFFMT09aMVpHVVRVJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I managed to get a prototype kind of working. Using the top portion of 2-liter soda bottles for the domes, and the sprinkler tube to suck the air out to control the pressure. Using electrical/duck tape to secure the tube and as cushioning around the bottom of the cut out portion (2 layers of tape, but is a bit thin and the edge still digs into the skin a bit). The issue I'm having right now is that is isn't fully airtight, where the tube and the top of the bottle is basically layers of tape, and the bottom isn't entirely airtight even when sucking. Would a couple extra layers of tape fix that? Any recommendations to make sure the top portion is airtight?

I'm not very handy, so sorry in advance if I'm missing something obvious.

(21-11-2021, 02:11 PM)KyuuKetsuki Wrote:  

I managed to get a prototype kind of working. Using the top portion of 2-liter soda bottles for the domes, and the sprinkler tube to suck the air out to control the pressure. Using electrical/duck tape to secure the tube and as cushioning around the bottom of the cut out portion (2 layers of tape, but is a bit thin and the edge still digs into the skin a bit). The issue I'm having right now is that is isn't fully airtight, where the tube and the top of the bottle is basically layers of tape, and the bottom isn't entirely airtight even when sucking. Would a couple extra layers of tape fix that? Any recommendations to make sure the top portion is airtight?

I have used a variety of things for 'cups'.  Everything from drinking glasses to DVD containers.  Just drill a small hole, attach a rubber hose through the hole, and a pump and you can use almost anything.    Pic below is using DVD containers.  I leave these on for hours at a time when working from home.  Not real high pressure, but enough to have purple tits for an hour after.   I recently bought a cupping set off amazon for a variety of sizes.  

(20-11-2021, 05:38 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Karren is the master of DIY pumps, and I'm sure she will be along shortly. You can search her posts and find some help there in the mean time.

For the pump, try ebay, you might get lucky.
Also they are used in the automotive mechanics business for pulling vacuum on fuel systems and testing sensors, check with autozone, NAPA, advanced, etc, or ebay.

You also want to make sure you are well lubed. Olive oil, coconut oil, and others work well. and keeping the breasts warm before and after helps too.

Bobbi

Sorry for the delay....  I have been making DIY breast pumps for years....   Here's some I posted on a bondage forum

https://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13374

and some resulted I have obtained....  https://ibb.co/album/xSB7jr

Karren

I've had good success with hot glue if that's an option for you. It's flexible and airtight. Window caulk is a good option too if you can get the tube and bottle into a position long enough to allow the caulk to set.

Soda bottles were designed to withstand internal pressure so when cut, they provide very little structure to support negative internal pressure (or positive external pressure).   And no amount of tape or hot glue will make anything air tight, IMHO.   I use objects that are thick walled like pvc pipe with threaded barb adapters to attach automotive grade vacuum tubing.   Then I use tees and valves from the fish supply store.   Any pump will provide couple negative psis, even your mouth.   I use an automotive brake bleeder pump to get up to the 10 to 12 pis range and my systems are so tight that they will stay pressurized for 3 or 4 hours without re-pumping.  Typically at that pressure I can only take it for a couple hours....  all night at about 5 psi.

(03-12-2021, 04:55 AM)karren hutton Wrote:  

Soda bottles were designed to withstand internal pressure so when cut, they provide very little structure to support negative internal pressure (or positive external pressure).   And no amount of tape or hot glue will make anything air tight, IMHO.   I use objects that are thick walled like pvc pipe with threaded barb adapters to attach automotive grade vacuum tubing.   Then I use tees and valves from the fish supply store.   Any pump will provide couple negative psis, even your mouth.   I use an automotive brake bleeder pump to get up to the 10 to 12 pis range and my systems are so tight that they will stay pressurized for 3 or 4 hours without re-pumping.  Typically at that pressure I can only take it for a couple hours....  all night at about 5 psi.
Looks like a robust solution!

(03-12-2021, 02:13 PM)allabouteve Wrote:  Looks like a robust solution!

Yes Ma'am!   That's what we engineers do!  lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon