Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM cream and Fenugreek capsules

I’m taking FG at the moment as PM causes me some trouble. But, PM is far more effective, so, as some have suggested, I might try PM cream  (same brand as the capsules I used to use, which worked)

I understand it’s accepted not to use FG and PM capsules together, but what about PM cream ?

Simple question is, should I stop the FG capsules if I use the PM cream ?

(19-11-2021, 11:09 AM)ukxdress Wrote:  

I’m taking FG at the moment as PM causes me some trouble. But, PM is far more effective, so, as some have suggested, I might try PM cream  (same brand as the capsules I used to use, which worked)

I understand it’s accepted not to use FG and PM capsules together, but what about PM cream ?

Simple question is, should I stop the FG capsules if I use the PM cream ?

The FG and PM are both going into your system.  It does not matter, to some extent, how it got into your blood stream (first order, liver does do some filtering I understand?)... so, yes FG and PM will compete.

Hi there ukxdress, 

If PM causes you trouble I'd steer clear of using it in any form. Why not try progesterone cream?. Human skin has DHT, progesterone cream inhibits DHT and resets estrogen receptors. As stated elsewhere, taking PM with FG is redundant, they are competing for the same receptor. Plus, adding PC makes sense because FG lowers progesterone. 

(01-08-2016, 09:18 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(01-08-2016, 03:04 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  Hey Lotus Smile
I thought since FG raises estradiol, wouldn't that be taken when E rises? But you're also saying it raises P-- so I am a bit confused lol (sorry) this whole time I thought FG worked on E and should be taken during follicular?

Do you think FG extract should be cycled the same way because it would have the same effect? I have been considering Fenu extract, flaxseed and hops oils (all topical)

Hey there missB, Smile

The science from the study indicates estradiol (in the second month) was raised by 50%(my calculations) @ 600 mg a day for two menstrual cycles. Btw, FG needs to be at least 50% steroidal saponins. (NOTE-that's not a misprint, only 600 mg was used).

Quote: steroidal saponins reported to exhibit estrogenic effects including binding to E2 receptors and inducing the expression of E2 responsive genes (Sreejaet al., 2010). 

It raises prolactin yes, though not as significant as estradiol. From the study, FG lowers cholesterol, SHBG, progesterone and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). It also raises LH (luteinizing hormone @ 41%)...thus the need for additional 5 AR inhibitors.

I'll have to adjust the supplement info about FG lowering progesterone. Alternatively, I'd take FG with a conversion supplement (pro-aromatase) considering what it does to FSH, which synthesizes aromatase. I'm excited about a new aromatase approach using EPO and peanut oil, though I'm looking for an alternative for those with peanut allergies. What the 2 combination does is its binding ability in EGF (epidermal growth factor). I'll post more info on the X thread. 

Topical FG is OK (though much DHT is in the skin). Use a good skin penetrator that inhibits 5 Alpha Reductase (inhibits DHT) too...EPO (evening primrose oil) could work. The study size was 80 premenopausal women.  

Smile

https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=26172&page=2

(20-11-2021, 07:36 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi there ukxdress, 

If PM causes you trouble I'd steer clear of using it in any form. Why not try progesterone cream?. Human skin has DHT, progesterone cream inhibits DHT and resets estrogen receptors. As stated elsewhere, taking PM with FG is redundant, they are competing for the same receptor. Plus, adding PC makes sense because FG lowers progesterone. 

I thought since FG raises estradiol, wouldn't that be taken when E rises? But you're also saying it raises P-- so I am a bit confused lol (sorry) this whole time I thought FG worked on E and should be taken during follicular?

Do you think FG extract should be cycled the same way because it would have the same effect? I have been considering Fenu extract, flaxseed and hops oils (all topical)

Hey there missB, Smile

The science from the study indicates estradiol (in the second month) was raised by 50%(my calculations) @ 600 mg a day for two menstrual cycles. Btw, FG needs to be at least 50% steroidal saponins. (NOTE-that's not a misprint, only 600 mg was used).

Quote: steroidal saponins reported to exhibit estrogenic effects including binding to E2 receptors and inducing the expression of E2 responsive genes (Sreejaet al., 2010). 

It raises prolactin yes, though not as significant as estradiol. From the study, FG lowers cholesterol, SHBG, progesterone and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). It also raises LH (luteinizing hormone @ 41%)...thus the need for additional 5 AR inhibitors.

I'll have to adjust the supplement info about FG lowering progesterone. Alternatively, I'd take FG with a conversion supplement (pro-aromatase) considering what it does to FSH, which synthesizes aromatase. I'm excited about a new aromatase approach using EPO and peanut oil, though I'm looking for an alternative for those with peanut allergies. What the 2 combination does is its binding ability in EGF (epidermal growth factor). I'll post more info on the X thread. 

Topical FG is OK (though much DHT is in the skin). Use a good skin penetrator that inhibits 5 Alpha Reductase (inhibits DHT) too...EPO (evening primrose oil) could work. The study size was 80 premenopausal women.  

Smile

wow! I didn't know this, so have been doing it wrong all this time taking pm and fg, amazing that I managed to grow anything. Rethinking my intake, thanks.

Hello Lotus,

Thanks for your reply. And a big thank your for all the work you do guiding us through our journeys. Thanks also to others who responded.

I'm thinking it's fine to use progesterone cream and FG together ?  So, does anyone know of a decent cream available in the UK ?

(20-11-2021, 09:11 AM)Drew Wrote:  
(20-11-2021, 07:36 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi there ukxdress, 

Hey there missB, Smile

Smile

wow! I didn't know this, so have been doing it wrong all this time taking pm and fg, amazing that I managed to grow anything. Rethinking my intake, thanks.

For a couple of years I was drinking quite a bit of soy milk, which it seems did me no favours at all. A lot of wasted time !

(22-11-2021, 08:00 AM)ukxdress Wrote:  So, does anyone know of a decent cream available in the UK ?

Progesterone cream is not available over the counter without a prescription in the UK. However, Wellsprings Serenity Progesterone cream ( Google it) comes over from Jersey and takes only a few days by mail order. Works quite well and was recommended to my wife by her doctor.

(23-11-2021, 08:07 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(22-11-2021, 08:00 AM)ukxdress Wrote:  So, does anyone know of a decent cream available in the UK ?

Progesterone cream is not available over the counter without a prescription in the UK. However, Wellsprings Serenity Progesterone cream ( Google it) comes over from Jersey and takes only a few days by mail order. Works quite well and was recommended to my wife by her doctor.

Thanks Pansy-Mae,

I'll have to investigate that option.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon