Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

raised perineal raphe

good morning fine people.  I took PM for about a year and grew a nice pair of small breasts and stopped PM.  I have noticed the area from my scrotum to the top of the underside of penis has gotten much darker during the process and is still dark and wide.  I am assuming that is due to taking PM? I attached a picture to show how it looks.  I also noticed the line from my scrotum to my anus is raised.  It is easy to feel and see. I know that this wasn't raised before. I attached a picture of that as well.  Is that a side effect of PM as well? 

I have read that after stopping hormones the raphe may revert back to normal color.  I have been off of PM for a while now and it is still dark.  Could this mean my estrogen levels are still elevated.  The raised line really surprised me.  I wasn't expecting that.   Will it go back down? I am not really worried about either. I am a male staying male, but I see it as an additional reminder I had estrogen flowing in my body.  

What causes the line to darken? I have read our parts down there are all the same from conception until about 7 weeks and the dark line from taking hormones is darkening similar to what a vagina would be. Is that true? I would like to understand it more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Hun,
mines the same and i haven't taken any PM ....maybe it's just age ???

love Chloe xxx

(18-11-2021, 07:04 PM)SweetChloe Wrote:  Hi Hun,

love Chloe xxx
Thank you for the response Chloe.  I found some nude pictures of me before I took PM and the dark line running up the penis wasn't there and the ridge wasn't there either.  Maybe age, I am not sure. The ridge is weird. It is like a raised scar that starts right at my butt hole and goes up to my scrotum.

Hi Perky, 

The darkening of the perineal raphe can tell us a few things while on NBE/HRT. The reason behind the darkening is a change in androgen receptors on the underside of the penis and scrotal skin. When androgens are inhibited, aromatase becomes more apparent...even if you don't take PM, it's the fact that androgens are being inhibited. In other words, we're changing the Testosterone/Estrogen ratio. 

Once T is restored to normal levels it should go back to normal, but of course it may not as everyone is different. If you see this skin darkening you know something's working...in the absence of hormone blood tests. 

And this (change in color) is irrefutable evidence that phytoestrogens are subject to hormonal conditions via inhibition of testosterone receptors. (See study below):
Impairment of androgen action via hormonal “androgen blockade” or mutation or absence of the AR can lead to varying degrees of feminization of the external genitalia (ExG) (Wilson et al., 1983; Wang et al., 2004; Galani et al., 2008).

overexpression of aromatase leads to elevated serum estradiol and reduced testosterone levels in the context of normal AR, ERα, and ERβ signaling pathways (Li et al., 2001).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article...o=0.510204

(18-11-2021, 07:38 PM)PerkyAcups Wrote:  

love Chloe xxx
Thank you for the response Chloe.  I found some nude pictures of me before I took PM and the dark line running up the penis wasn't there and the ridge wasn't there either.  Maybe age, I am not sure. The ridge is weird. It is like a raised scar that starts right at my butt hole and goes up to my scrotum.
....looks kinda sexy to me   *blush*

xxxx

(20-11-2021, 03:55 PM)SweetChloe Wrote:  
(18-11-2021, 07:38 PM)PerkyAcups Wrote:  

love Chloe xxx
....looks kinda sexy to me   *blush*

xxxx
I think well am a bit sure I read here some years ago it's due to scrotum shrinkage which makes that line, sorta makes a bit of sense to me.

I had the same color change on the underside of my penis, but not the ridge, after 12 months on PM and SP. I've been off both for a month now but the color hasn't faded at all.

I report a similar problem. Raff's line has also become darker and the line on the perineum is more prominent. I have been using PM for almost three months. In addition, my penis has shrunk by more than 3 cm. And it seems to me that it is still decreasing. I have not really come across such experiences regarding the use of PM.

Hmmm...I do 1000mg/night and haven't seen any change in color or shrinkage of my penis or testicles.  Boobs are growing though.  I'm on month 4 since my last restart.  Been off and on for 10 years.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon