Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What is wrong with coffee?

I have read that we should not drink coffee. One program on this site said just one cup of coffee?

Is it the coffee or the caffeine? And what is the negative effect?

Can I drink de-caf?

I googled "coffee + phytoestrogen" and one site said that coffee was a phytoestrogen.

My mind wants to know!

Thanks!

Kay

(17-11-2021, 12:18 AM)Kay Wrote:  

I have read that we should not drink coffee. One program on this site said just one cup of coffee?

Is it the coffee or the caffeine? And what is the negative effect?

Can I drink de-caf?

I googled "coffee + phytoestrogen" and one site said that coffee was a phytoestrogen.

My mind wants to know!

Thanks!

Kay

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Coffee likely has minimal impact in the context of these pursuits.

I want boobs, but not at the expense of coffee. OK, maybe just two a day. coffee, not boobs.

I drink about 5 or 6 cups of  coffee a day... hasn't done me any harm.

I can't tell any of you how much coffee I drink...   If I was forced to give an answer it would be somewhere between 12 - 15 @ 4 oz cups per day.  And right now I sport 40 C bra's.

I think it's another "miles may vary" type of situation ??

Aria

Thank you everyone for your input!

I would think it would have to do with caffeines` ability to inhibit the body`s ability to absorb calcium

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12204390/

Thank you all who contributed!

I googled coffee+phytoestrogen and I did see information that says coffee is a phytoestrogen. I did not research it to see how strong it is or which receptors it binds to.

I was wondering if caffeine in coffee can contribute to dehydration and maybe that was the issue. I try to drink a lot of water during the day.

(12-12-2021, 11:50 AM)Kay Wrote:  

Thank you all who contributed!

I googled coffee+phytoestrogen and I did see information that says coffee is a phytoestrogen. I did not research it to see how strong it is or which receptors it binds to.

I was wondering if caffeine in coffee can contribute to dehydration and maybe that was the issue. I try to drink a lot of water during the day.

I was wondering the same, what's wrong with coffee?
For sure, Caffeine dehydrates, but that shouldn't be a big issue if drinking enough water
Also, Calcium binding might be a undesirable thing, especially as these "treatments" have a risk of losing calcium with its consequences. Again, shouldn't be a very strong factor. I haven't seen any research substantiating how large the effect is.

Anybody with more research information?
Wink 

Personally have given up coffee completely for a mixed tea of white peony tea green tea spearmint and Earl grey all mixed together .... Has enough caffeine to start my day and tastes good hot or iced...  Drink a total of about 2-3 quarts a day .

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon