Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New to this site

I just joined a day ago. I just want to say hi. I did a brief intro in that section. I am older and consider myself TG. I probably will not go on HRT or have surgeries. I have struggled with feelings of imposter syndrome and not being "trans" enough. But I have worked my way thru most of those feelings. I always wanted to be a girl, but as a small child in my household in the 1960's that wasn't even remotely possible. I lived, trying to be what everyone else wanted me to be. I knew my feminine feelings were always there, but they often made me feel like there was something wrong with me. I have come around to accept myself and know that I am enough, there is nothing wrong with me. I was meant to be a girl / woman. I am walking a slow path of transition, working on things from the inside out. I cannot rush into this as my life is a bit complicated. I think of it as a marathon rather than a sprint. One day in the future, I will live full time as a woman. This is more than wearing my makeup and women's clothes. This is a spiritual journey of my true self. I came to this site for more info on herbal feminine enhancement. I love reading about nutrition and supplements and I have been on a few supplements for a while. I have read some wonderful info here and I am going to tweak my herbals.

A few years ago, I was inspired by a story and pictures of a beautiful transwoman who did not have any surgeries or HRT. I wish that I could think of her name or find the article about her but I am afraid it is lost, for now.

Kay

Lightbulb 

Kay,

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult time you've had over the years. So many struggle with this, especially from "our" generation. I've been out and about to a few interesting places lately and I've been surprised to see many young trans and/or gender-ambiguous people out there, trying to live the best possible versions of their lives. While I do envy them, I'm happy for them, because the world, though imperfect, seems better than the one we grew up in, with regard to these issues.

Here's a thought: maybe you can play with low-dose HRT or herbals. I've found my small developing breasts and fat distribution thrilling - and I'm the only one who knows about it. I do fear that my boobs will continue to be a challenge and have found that once I started down this rabbit hole, it became impossible to stop. But the point is that I'm getting some satisfaction from changing my body into something else, something that feels better. I wish the same for you.

One word of caution: the risk of developing a potentially deadly blood clot is real. I had one. I'm using topical progesterone cream and have made my own Pueraria Mirifica suppositories in order to bypass first-pass liver metabolism and reduce the risk of another clot. Look into this issue and consider it carefully, as it's a real concern for middle-aged+ folks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon