Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DVT with PM

Read my comment above.  DVT are something you do not want to mess around with.  Among the many things that can cause a blood clot, there are several genetic blood factors that make people suspectable to blood clots. The males in my family all have one of these genetic blood clotting factors and each of us has had a DVT. One died of a heart attack at the age of 49.  Taking a herbal supplement for DVT prevention is, IMO, not a smart idea.  You are potentially dealing with a life threatening condition. Just my opinion.

(24-09-2021, 03:32 AM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

Read my comment above.  DVT are something you do not want to mess around with.  Among the many things that can cause a blood clot, there are several genetic blood factors that make people suspectable to blood clots. The males in my family all have one of these genetic blood clotting factors and each of us has had a DVT. One died of a heart attack at the age of 49.  Taking a herbal supplement for DVT prevention is, IMO, not a smart idea.  You are potentially dealing with a life threatening condition. Just my opinion.

Yea that's why I take it. My family is also at risk. so  its up to you... prevention for those who are reading who have yet to get your aliment..  Sorry you didn't start taking these 10 years ago. Also Magnesium helps.

I don't know your personal medical history so I'm just offering suggestions on risk mitigation.

Because I care.

81 mg aspirin is sometimes recommended by doctors for people at risk of DVT and PE.  You need to watch for signs of internal bleeding with any blood thinner.  Many herbal supplements also cause bleeding issues (fenugreek is one that is mentioned as an herb not to take when a person is on a blood thinner).  Checkout the web medical sites for more info. My family genetic blood clotting disorder was not found until I went to a highly rated hematologist who did an expensive (at the time) genetic test of my blood. Previous family members were not informed about the genetic issue by their doctors due to no genetic testing of their blood.

Yeah, I had a DVT. In my calf. I was on a really, really low amount of PM...like 500 mg x1, four days a week, plus some progesterone cream and oral finasteride. My liver doesn't like PM, apparently.

A D-dimer test will indicate whether there is an issue with blood clots. In my case, I stopped oral PM, when on blood thinners temporarily an did not go back on *oral* PM.

I pour my own PM suppositories. It bypasses the liver that way, and significantly reduces the risk of DVT. But please DO NOT consider this a suggestion - I'm not telling you to take PM if you're concerned about clots. In my case, one PM suppository every other day or so contains about 175 milligrams of PM in coconut oil.

(25-09-2021, 06:15 AM)Nipply Russel Wrote:  Yeah, I had a DVT. In my calf. I was on a really, really low amount of PM...like 500 mg x1, four days a week, plus some progesterone cream and oral finasteride. My liver doesn't like PM, apparently.

A D-dimer test will indicate whether there is an issue with blood clots. In my case, I stopped oral PM, when on blood thinners temporarily an did not go back on *oral* PM.

I pour my own PM suppositories. It bypasses the liver that way, and significantly reduces the risk of DVT. But please DO NOT consider this a suggestion - I'm not telling you to take PM if you're concerned about clots. In my case, one PM suppository every other day or so contains about 175 milligrams of PM in coconut oil.
That is a very responsible reply.

I've tried PM three times in 9 months.  Typically one or two caplets a day (500-1000mg).  The first time I developed a pain in my right calf after about four weeks.  I stopped the PM for a month, the pain went away, and I restarted the PM slowly.  After another month I had great sensitivity in both nipples and noticeable fat build-up behind my nipples.  It was great!  Then my right leg swelled up significantly and stayed swollen for weeks.  No pain however.  An ultrasound could not identify a clot but my D-timer level was elevated (indicating a clot).  A vascular doctor told me that the 'paddles' that help push blood back up my lower right leg veins were damaged and I should start wearing compression socks. That was early April.  I did nothing over the summer.  I just restarted PM three weeks ago, 500mg the first week, 1000mg the following weeks, and the pain in my right calf came right back.  No noticeable swelling.  I'm convinced PM is the cause of this and have given up the PM.  Hoping to find something less risky for me.

This makes me pretty much scared since i used PM for a long time, at a low dosage 1000mg but always wanted more.
Especially now that i got back to PM with a lower quality brand, reading this makes me fear DVT again.

I had no such things until now, but i don't ever want to experience something like this, at the same time... i still want to take PM, feel bad about it.

(01-10-2021, 07:30 AM)Alexis P Wrote:  This makes me pretty much scared since i used PM for a long time, at a low dosage 1000mg but always wanted more.
Especially now that i got back to PM with a lower quality brand, reading this makes me fear DVT again.

I had no such things until now, but i don't ever want to experience something like this, at the same time... i still want to take PM, feel bad about it.

Most of the people worried here are between 2 and 3 times your age, so have a healthy fear, but keep it in perspective.

(01-10-2021, 04:42 PM)DruLactin Wrote:  
(01-10-2021, 07:30 AM)Alexis P Wrote:  This makes me pretty much scared since i used PM for a long time, at a low dosage 1000mg but always wanted more.

Most of the people worried here are between 2 and 3 times your age, so have a healthy fear, but keep it in perspective.

IMO, DVT and death do care about age. I understand FG is maybe a safer alternative, but much slower.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.  After considering everything I have decided not to take anything and add any risk to my life   I really wish I could but breast forms maybe the most responsible thing for me

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon