Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DVT with PM

I started using PM a while back  I was on it for about three months  It causes a DVT in my calf.  A DVT is a blood clot.  Has this happened to anyone else and what alternatives would I have as I am now scared to go back on PM

I remember someone here talking about this some years back... Apparently there are some cases but quite few.

What dose you were on btw and for how long? Did you take anything else?

(21-09-2021, 06:02 PM)HelloDiDi Wrote:  I remember someone here talking about this some years back... Apparently there are some cases but quite few.

What dose you were on btw and for how long? Did you take anything else?

I was taking 500 mg twice a day for about three months

(21-09-2021, 05:31 PM)sz1122 Wrote:  

I started using PM a while back  I was on it for about three months  It causes a DVT in my calf.  A DVT is a blood clot.  Has this happened to anyone else and what alternatives would I have as I am now scared to go back on PM

I wouldn't chance it.  I believe that any type of estrogen can increase chances of clots.  Both covid-19 and vaccines are both known to cause clotting issues, especially with women on BC or taking E for menopause symptoms.  Have you had covid or a vaccine within the last couple months?

I have had good results with fenugreek, saw palmetto, and fennel. Fennel is a natural blood thinner and helps convert T->E.  If your on blood thinners don't be taking anything without talking to a doctor first.

(21-09-2021, 06:10 PM)sloppyassho Wrote:  
(21-09-2021, 05:31 PM)sz1122 Wrote:  

I wouldn't chance it.  I believe that any type of estrogen can increase chances of clots.  Both covid-19 and vaccines are both known to cause clotting issues, especially with women on BC or taking E for menopause symptoms.  Have you had covid or a vaccine within the last couple months?

I have had good results with fenugreek, saw palmetto, and fennel. Fennel is a natural blood thinner and helps convert T->E.  If your on blood thinners don't be taking anything without talking to a doctor first.

Thanks for your reply.  This happened a while back  Nothing to do with covid and I am no longer on blood thinners   Thanks for the suggestions as well

YES, that would be me, raising my virtual hand.
I was on PM for several years, in varying doses from 1000mg to 2000/day.
I started having high blood pressure issues, and then the blood clot.
Then I did some research and they were all NBE related.
So I packed it and decided I'd rather be a living male than a dead TG.

And, as noted above, its the extra E that is a cause for clots.

So the options are massage, noogleberry, subliminal/binaurals, or implants.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Bobbi

DVT are very dangerous.  My DVT turned into a pulmonary embolism and I had 10 blood clots in my lungs.  The doctor was surprised that I was still alive.  Fenugreek is safer when applied on the skin as an oil.  Its slow, but has reduced side effects. IMO, you also want to check your blood sugar and blood pressure when taking any of these herbs.

Anything estrogenic runs that risk. Sounds like you weren't taking excessive amounts either.

Even with pharma, some having similar issues consider topical solutions that may be less problematic in that regard.

I have been afraid of blood clotting since the day I popped the first PM pill... Since then I've gone from herbs to HRT, first pills orally, then sublingual and now I'm on injections. Part of the reason on switching to injection was that its supposed to carry less of a blood clotting risk. I have reason to be vary of this as my father has had trouble with his blood being way too thick and I smoke... Trying to quit, I've cut it down quite a lot. So yea, afaik, injections should have less of a clotting risk as the E bypasses liver. From what I know, the liver processing estrogens is the biggest culprit on thickening blood. Don't quote me on this though.

For blood clot prevention take Serrapeptase and Nattokinase. Arthur Medical sells the best on the planet. I’m surprised more girls who are taking high risk choices with estrogen are not taking these enzymes. Also Natokinase is an aromatase up regulator.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon