Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just Applied For A Job At Reddit and...

So while preparing for another, completely different, and far more interesting role, I can see that they are actively encouraging "other" types of people to pursue the role. I won't detail the list, but it's like I get the impression "trans leaning" is the only leg up I can possibly lay claim to (among the laundry list of potential "otherness" listed). 

What an interesting/strange world we live in! Who would have thought that would be a leverageable advantage to whip out - out of necessity!

Re: Canon Balls

I do love lyrical quotes and eloquent prose, though that strangely reminds me of something written in 1924. 

Re: Who would have thought that would be a leverageable advantage to whip out - out of necessity!

My wife likes to say .... “You grow-‘em. You show-‘em”. 

(22-03-2021, 01:07 AM)Stevenator_too Wrote:  Re: Canon Balls

I do love lyrical quotes and eloquent prose, though that strangely reminds me of something written in 1924. 

Re: Who would have thought that would be a leverageable advantage to whip out - out of necessity!

My wife likes to say .... “You grow-‘em. You show-‘em”. 

Actually, 1841. My copy of the book is from the 1920s Wink

We need proof of your claim:

How about these puppies!!!

Aghast onlookers reply, that's different alright! Wink

That’s hilarious! 

I should investigate the 100 y/o copy. 
His first editions steadily appreciate in value.

I hear that there is a job vacancy over at Reddit today. Something to the effect that Amiee Challenor is no longer employed by Reddit.

Haven't followed the story (but it's interesting to see when subreddit mods react as such to affect change).

Re: I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable declaring my sexual preferences for a job interview

You know, having applied to a bunch of things over the last year or so, I find it baffling that companies find it appropriate to ask such questions when filling out an application. I'm sure most of the ones that do are typically very progressive and open, but it's still odd questions like that are often raised like it's normal and appropriate to ask about such things.

Having said that, I'm on my second new infotech job this year. The trouble with demanding people get really good at interviewing is that you sort of create a monster that is good at interviewing! It's like when dating and someone wants someone who can sweep them off their feet. Trouble is people become good at it find sweeping addictive! Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon