Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild Yam and Progesterone cream the same?

(12-03-2021, 03:23 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Personally?, I would never use synthetic progestin because of the increased side effects. Men have a much higher risk than women developing DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

OK, I'm sharing this link because I've already had a DVT and I want to be very clear. I have used this in the past and I'm considering using it again, but want to make sure it's NOT the type of compound you're referring to:

https://www.amazon.com/Progesterone-Bioi...B00EB0AQA4

I'd like to use it again. It definitely has an effect on me. Rub a little into my skin and have wacky dreams all night, so I know there's a hormonal effect!!!

Hi Nipply, 

I'm going to make one final post on progesterone, micronized progesterone (is bioidentical to human progesterone) progestin is synthetically made..not identical to human progesterone. 

This is not just a Lotus thing, it's stated in multiple scientific literature papers. For every 6 science papers on micronized progesterone you'll find 6 more stating the usage of synthetic progestin. IMHO it's misinformation about the safety of progestin. Personally?, I wouldn't put that shit in my body. Additionally, BC (birth control products) are made with synthetic progestin...I feel sorry for girls who are put on it, I doubt they get the proper information to MAKE an informed decision. 

As you can see from the attached science paper the risks significantly increase using synthetic progestin with oral estradiol. 

Nipply, the Progesto-Life brand is USP micronized progesterone, its bioidentical to human progesterone, that's why it works. I've used it for 8 yrs. and if it didn't work I wouldn't use it. And no, I'm not a spokesperson or paid in any way shape or form. And I wouldn't advise using oral progestin with micronized progesterone, that makes no sense.

Additionally, you'll see the little caveat that synthetic progestin increases androgens. Most HRT (if not all) medical professionals that treat HRT patients won't use progestin, they subscribe micronized progesterone. 

So, judge for yourself people, it's your body. 

Effectiveness of transdermal oestradiol and natural micronised progesterone for menopausal symptoms

Quote:TYPE OF PROGESTOGEN

The progestogens used in HRT have distinctive biological and clinical profiles. They can be either a synthetic progesterone, which differs in structure from naturally occurring progesterone, or natural micronised progesterone (MP). This was developed in the 1980s and is produced from the yam plant. MP is chemically and structurally identical to human progesterone, and it is therefore often referred to as ‘body identical’ or ‘natural’. The process of micronisation allows for a steady and even absorption. This can be prescribed either continuously or cyclically. The only current preparation available in the UK is Utrogestan® (Besins Healthcare (UK) Ltd).
Risk of venous thromboembolism

The risk of VTE is greater in women using medroxyprogesterone acetate compared with other progestogens. The risk of VTE increases by about 50% in women using oestrogen plus synthetic progestogens, compared with oral oestrogen alone. There does not appear to be this increased risk in women taking natural MP.

Cardiovascular risk

MP has been associated with a lower cardiovascular risk and has a neutral effect on blood pressure compared with synthetic progestogens, which have androgenic activities.

Read further here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6146001/

(13-03-2021, 04:02 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Hi Nipply, 

I'm going to make one final post on progesterone, micronized progesterone (is bioidentical to human progesterone) progestin is synthetically made..not identical to human progesterone. 

This is not just a Lotus thing, it's stated in multiple scientific literature papers. For every 6 science papers on micronized progesterone you'll find 6 more stating the usage of synthetic progestin. IMHO it's misinformation about the safety of progestin. Personally?, I wouldn't put that shit in my body. Additionally, BC (birth control products) are made with synthetic progestin...I feel sorry for girls who are put on it, I doubt they get the proper information to MAKE an informed decision. 

As you can see from the attached science paper the risks significantly increase using synthetic progestin with oral estradiol. 

Nipply, the Progesto-Life brand is USP micronized progesterone, its bioidentical to human progesterone, that's why it works. I've used it for 8 yrs. and if it didn't work I wouldn't use it. And no, I'm not a spokesperson or paid in any way shape or form. And I wouldn't advise using oral progestin with micronized progesterone, that makes no sense.

Additionally, you'll see the little caveat that synthetic progestin increases androgens. Most HRT (if not all) medical professionals that treat HRT patients won't use progestin, they subscribe micronized progesterone. 

So, judge for yourself people, it's your body. 

Effectiveness of transdermal oestradiol and natural micronised progesterone for menopausal symptoms

Quote:TYPE OF PROGESTOGEN

The progestogens used in HRT have distinctive biological and clinical profiles. They can be either a synthetic progesterone, which differs in structure from naturally occurring progesterone, or natural micronised progesterone (MP). This was developed in the 1980s and is produced from the yam plant. MP is chemically and structurally identical to human progesterone, and it is therefore often referred to as ‘body identical’ or ‘natural’. The process of micronisation allows for a steady and even absorption. This can be prescribed either continuously or cyclically. The only current preparation available in the UK is Utrogestan® (Besins Healthcare (UK) Ltd).
Risk of venous thromboembolism

The risk of VTE is greater in women using medroxyprogesterone acetate compared with other progestogens. The risk of VTE increases by about 50% in women using oestrogen plus synthetic progestogens, compared with oral oestrogen alone. There does not appear to be this increased risk in women taking natural MP.

Cardiovascular risk

MP has been associated with a lower cardiovascular risk and has a neutral effect on blood pressure compared with synthetic progestogens, which have androgenic activities.

Read further here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6146001/

Then there is one more question from me to the progesterone. Would using the cream cause issues with the functionality of my sex organ?

And is it recommended to use progesterone from the beginning or only later on?

(13-03-2021, 05:44 PM)Dibraru Wrote:  Then there is one more question from me to the progesterone. Would using the cream cause issues with the functionality of my sex organ?

For me, it wipes my DHT out so much that I cannot perform well for a day or two. Others here have no such problem.

(13-03-2021, 05:44 PM)Dibraru Wrote:  And is it recommended to use progesterone from the beginning or only later on?

I had some growth already when I added it. I don't think there is any harm in occasional use of progesterone cream unless you have no growth yet. If so, wait.

It is taken as orthodoxy on transgender-focused boards that starting PC too early can cause overall lower growth later on. I know of no study that proves this up or down. This orthodoxy does not seem logical to me, since girls get progesterone in their system pretty early, even before their periods begin. I think age (and resulting lack of growth hormone) is the real cause.

With that in mind I think if you were to apply one pump of PC a week, to one side, alternating sides each week, you'd get fair growth. The creams I have are 20mg per pump.

(13-03-2021, 04:02 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Additionally, you'll see the little caveat that synthetic progestin increases androgens.

There's an important distinction to make here. Synthetic progestins can have androgenic activity (they can bond with the androgen receptor) but they do not increase androgens (T/DHT). This is another orthodoxy that I see on transgender forums that leads to the nonsensical rejection of progesterone use by transwomen. From the study link:

MP [micronised progesterone] has been associated with a lower cardiovascular risk and has a neutral effect on blood pressure compared with [some] synthetic progestogens, which have androgenic activities.

Not all synthetic progestins bond with the androgen receptor, see the table on Wikipedia's article of Progestogens. There are at least 4 generations of progestins, so there is a wide variety of effects and risks.

(13-03-2021, 04:02 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Most HRT (if not all) medical professionals that treat HRT patients won't use progestin, they subscribe micronized progesterone.

Not for pro-growth effects, but they can use progestins like Spirolactone, Depo-Provera, and Androcur to lower Testosterone.

Interestingly, there are some reports that using Estrogen cream on the scrotum drastically reduces testosterone. I assume Progesterone cream would behave similarly.

Very interesting discussion, for me.

I’ve used bio-identical PC daily for over 10 years.  I always assumed that it did not significantly curtail T production, since the last time I had a blood test (8 years ago) my T was over 650 ng./dl.  I had thought it primarily limited T conversion to DHT, and was thinking this might be a good thing, and assumed I should have no worries.

Yikes!  This discussion makes me think I really ought to re-evaluate.  My PC dosage has increased.  Though I’ve not noticed any loss of function in my lower unit, my circumstances don’t often give chance to put it to the test.  I do notice that my consistent weight training does not yield much in the way of muscle growth or strength increases.  Hmm…

Now, I think I will drop the PC to see what happens.

(14-03-2021, 07:49 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Very interesting discussion, for me.

I’ve used bio-identical PC daily for over 10 years.  I always assumed that it did not significantly curtail T production, since the last time I had a blood test (8 years ago) my T was over 650 ng./dl.  I had thought it primarily limited T conversion to DHT, and was thinking this might be a good thing, and assumed I should have no worries.

Yikes!  This discussion makes me think I really ought to re-evaluate.  My PC dosage has increased.  Though I’ve not noticed any loss of function in my lower unit, my circumstances don’t often give chance to put it to the test.  I do notice that my consistent weight training does not yield much in the way of muscle growth or strength increases.  Hmm…

That is really interesting since my biggest concern is down there and since you didn't even realize it, that is a ray of hope. Since the moment i notice a considerable difference in functionality doen there i would stop. Seeing that there are people who don't even realize anything really gives me the hope that im the same.

(13-03-2021, 04:02 AM)Lotus Wrote:  I'm going to make one final post on progesterone, micronized progesterone (is bioidentical to human progesterone) progestin is synthetically made..not identical to human progesterone.

There's a product I might buy, Wild Yam progesterone. It says: "providing 20 mg of bio-identical USP progesterone from wild yam".
There's nothing on the product about it being micronized or synthetic.

This is the item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145000971179
"Now Foods Wild Yam Natural Progesterone Calming Unscented Skin Cream 3oz (85g)"

Is it safe?

[unnecessary quoting removed]

That's the one I'm using so I hope so.

(14-03-2021, 08:20 PM)Dibraru Wrote:  

(14-03-2021, 07:49 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Very interesting discussion, for me.

That is really interesting since my biggest concern is down there and since you didn't even realize it, that is a ray of hope. Since the moment i notice a considerable difference in functionality doen there i would stop. Seeing that there are people who don't even realize anything really gives me the hope that im the same.

Phytos, RR and PC have recently completely stopped unintentional erections for me personally. I went three days with no erections without masturbation. I am pretty sure it was consistent RR and PC that did it. I have been taking Phytos on and off for two years with no change in function.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon