Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild Yam and Progesterone cream the same?

Just wondering I found a fairly cheap wild yam cream while searching for progesterone cream. Compared to the progesterone cream it is  really cheap, so I was wondering are progesterone cream and wild yam the same, a little weaker or completelydifferent things?

And if the are more or less the same, how often should I use the wild yam cream?

I was honestly wondering about the same thing, i don't know if they are the same thing or if it is just a way the algorithm of search in some sites wrongly redirects you to those creams. For example Amazon in my country doesn't show any product for "progesterone cream" and just shows me "wild yam" creams and similar.

Very confusing, i wait for someone to clarifiy this too.

Several studies have found that wild yam does not reduce the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, or raise levels of estrogen or progesterone in the body.

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/wild-yam

Wild yam and progesterone creams are available without a prescription and are marketed for relieving perimenopausal symptoms. Wild yam. Although wild yam cream is marketed as a source of natural progesterone, it does not contain progesterone, and the body cannot convert it into progesterone.
https://www.mottchildren.org/health-library/tn9542

(10-03-2021, 09:26 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

Several studies have found that wild yam does not reduce the symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, or raise levels of estrogen or progesterone in the body.

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/wild-yam

Wild yam and progesterone creams are available without a prescription and are marketed for relieving perimenopausal symptoms. Wild yam. Although wild yam cream is marketed as a source of natural progesterone, it does not contain progesterone, and the body cannot convert it into progesterone.
https://www.mottchildren.org/health-library/tn9542

Well somehow disappointing, but thanks for the information.

Then there is one more question. In the country I live in, it is not possible to buy progesterone cream without prescription. Does anyone know where i can buy it online?

(10-03-2021, 11:19 PM)Dibraru Wrote:  

Then there is one more question. In the country I live in, it is not possible to buy progesterone cream without prescription. Does anyone know where i can buy it online?

If you look hard enough on this forum you should find an online pharmacy to purchase almost any of the necessary products.  However, you will also hear about issues of getting the product into your country.  People talk about how custom services screen products and some get through and some get stopped.

Along with searching this website, do some web research yourself. Someone on this site may see this posting and have the exact answer you are seeking.

I am using this one. You have to search for natural progesterone.

~xoxo Maze

(10-03-2021, 11:44 PM)Maze Wrote:  I am using this one. You have to search for natural progesterone.

~xoxo Maze

Thanks! How long does one of those last? I don't need an exact time just like a rough idea.

Well, if you read the product information it says it contains 65 pumps (doses). When you take it every other day it should last approximately 4 months.

~xoxo Maze

(11-03-2021, 01:16 AM)Maze Wrote:  Well, if you read the product information it says it contains 65 pumps (doses). When you take it every other day it should last approximately 4 months.

~xoxo Maze

Ok wow thanks. I was worried that i would need to buy a new one after a few weeks since it is way more expensive that the yam cream. (Wich I bought since I thought it was progesterone cream... even bought a pack of 3 since it was reduced)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon