Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How to: PM suppositories

There has been some discussion here about alternatives to oral PM dosage. The main reason to consider avoiding the oral route is that topical/suppository/transdermal dosage bypasses "first-pass" metabolism by the liver. This increases bioavailability of the compound and avoids taxing the liver unnecessarily, which is a good thing. Notably, hepatic enzyme levels are increased in the liver when a male takes female hormones and this can lead to potentially deadly blot clots (see "DVT"), especially after reaching middle age. The transdermal route bypasses the liver and reportedly lowers the chance of a clot significantly. Transdermal estradiol patches are the go-to for pharma HRT users, so what about PM?

Well, I think for us, suppositories are the best alternative to oral - at least until someone starts making a PM patch. They're easy to store, cost pennies to make and are only slightly more difficult to take than capsules. And there's a likelihood that you'll save money on PM, since more of the compound will be available to your body, as the liver won't be busy trying to filter it out.

So - how to make them? Easy: you'll need the following:
1. PM powder (or capsules, which you'll crack open)
2. Coconut oil
3. Silicone molds
4. Measuring cups
5. A bowl of very hot water
6. Something to stir/blend the PM and coconut oil with
7. A freezer

The coconut oil can be purchased at a grocery store and should be very firm at room temperature, like greasy candle wax. For molds, I bought some very small candy molds from Amazon (mine were "coffee bean" molds). You can buy suppository molds but I'm trying to be discreet. One ounce measuring cups, such as the type that come atop nighttime cold remedy medicine will work great.

Step one: figure out the mold yield

I measured one ounce of water and poured it into the mold, determining that I got about 20 suppositories. So ideally, I'd put the contents of 20 (500 mg) PM capsules into the container, then add enough coconut oil to reach the one ounce line, mix it up and pour into the mold, yielding twenty 500 mg suppositories...

...but there are a couple of factors to consider:

1. Too much PM powder and the suppositories might be too "grainy". If I had larger suppository molds, I could get away with it, but I'd rather use two per dose of the smaller ones, if needed.

2. With more bioavailability, it might not be necessary to use as much. In my case, 500 mg/day is too much. I'm growing too much, too fast (I know, I know!) and I want to maintain my female fat distribution and modest boob growth on a low dose.

So I started with only 7 capsules (3500 mg) for 20 suppositories = 175 mg per suppository. Perfect for starters.

Step 2: soften the oil

This is easy. Just put a dollop of coconut oil in a heat-resistant plastic container (such as one of those cold medicine cups) and place it in a shallow bowl with some very hot water in it. The oil will turn to a clear liquid until it heats up.

Step 3: pour the oil into the container that contains the PM

Pour it to the one ounce line and mix well

Step 4: pour the suppository mix into the mold cavities

It's a bit messy, but don't worry.

Step 5: chill

(not yourself, the mold)
Carefully put the mold in the freezer and leave it there for 30 minutes or more to cool/harden the suppositories. When you take the mold out of the freezer, you'll find that the bits you've dribbled all over the mold will come off like candle wax.

After removing the cute little buttons of rectal PM love from the mold, you'll need to store them in a cool place, such as your refrigerator, otherwise, they could turn into a lump of greasy coconut-smelling PM. Plus, it will be very hard to insert them into your cavity without smushing them in the process.

Please keep the following in mind: coconut oil suppositories can be used as stool softener to help relieve constipation, so you should consider starting slowly. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing your body will adjust.

Some photos.
The mold, showing both sides:

The coconut oil I used:

The finished product: some weak suppositories to get the process started:

It is really a good guide Nipply! I'd honestly give it a try if i had the right amount of privacy at home to perform something like this. I know i already asked for this but: how does that feel when you use one? Also, isn't it pretty cold when you try to insert it?  :D

Step 5: chill (not yourself, the mold)

Ouch  :D :D

(03-03-2021, 10:51 AM)Alexis P Wrote:  It is really a good guide Nipply! I'd honestly give it a try if i had the right amount of privacy at home to perform something like this. I know i already asked for this but: how does that feel when you use one? Also, isn't it pretty cold when you try to insert it?

Thanks!

If the "opening" is already lubed with a tiny amount of moisturizing lotion, the suppository goes in very easily. You have to push it up there about an inch (25mm) or so and it gets sucked the rest of the way in, so if you're put off by dealing with your body that way, this won't work for you. But once it's in, it's like it not even there. You might feel a few moments of a somewhat pleasant sensation from the coolness of the suppository, but that doesn't last very long.

The bullet shaped suppository molds that insert into the bottom easily can be bought on Amazon.

That's a really good guide so thank you.
I decided to do PM as a suppository, but instead of your method I simply dissolved 2xPM capsules in about 5ml of warm water then used a kids medicine syringe.
Definitely, has more effect doing it this way than orally.
Ta

(03-03-2021, 04:28 AM)Nipply Russel Wrote:  After removing the cute little buttons of rectal PM love from the mold, you'll need to store them in a cool place, such as your refrigerator, otherwise, they could turn into a lump of greasy coconut-smelling PM. Plus, it will be very hard to insert them into your cavity without smushing them in the process.

Please keep the following in mind: coconut oil suppositories can be used as stool softener to help relieve constipation, so you should consider starting slowly. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing your body will adjust.

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the body to absorb the PM when used in this way?  I'm just thinking that if it's also acting as a stool softener, that you might have the urge to go and I'm wondering how long one would need to keep holding it so that you get the benefits you want.

(03-03-2021, 04:28 AM)Nipply Russel Wrote:  There has been some discussion here about alternatives to oral PM dosage. The main reason to consider avoiding the oral route is that topical/suppository/transdermal dosage bypasses "first-pass" metabolism by the liver. This increases bioavailability of the compound and avoids taxing the liver unnecessarily, which is a good thing. Notably, hepatic enzyme levels are increased in the liver when a male takes female hormones and this can lead to potentially deadly blot clots (see "DVT"), especially after reaching middle age. The transdermal route bypasses the liver and reportedly lowers the chance of a clot significantly. Transdermal estradiol patches are the go-to for pharma HRT users, so what about PM?

Well, I think for us, suppositories are the best alternative to oral - at least until someone starts making a PM patch. They're easy to store, cost pennies to make and are only slightly more difficult to take than capsules. And there's a likelihood that you'll save money on PM, since more of the compound will be available to your body, as the liver won't be busy trying to filter it out.

So - how to make them? Easy: you'll need the following:
1. PM powder (or capsules, which you'll crack open)
2. Coconut oil
3. Silicone molds
4. Measuring cups
5. A bowl of very hot water
6. Something to stir/blend the PM and coconut oil with
7. A freezer

The coconut oil can be purchased at a grocery store and should be very firm at room temperature, like greasy candle wax. For molds, I bought some very small candy molds from Amazon (mine were "coffee bean" molds). You can buy suppository molds but I'm trying to be discreet. One ounce measuring cups, such as the type that come atop nighttime cold remedy medicine will work great.

Step one: figure out the mold yield

I measured one ounce of water and poured it into the mold, determining that I got about 20 suppositories. So ideally, I'd put the contents of 20 (500 mg) PM capsules into the container, then add enough coconut oil to reach the one ounce line, mix it up and pour into the mold, yielding twenty 500 mg suppositories...

...but there are a couple of factors to consider:

1. Too much PM powder and the suppositories might be too "grainy". If I had larger suppository molds, I could get away with it, but I'd rather use two per dose of the smaller ones, if needed.

2. With more bioavailability, it might not be necessary to use as much. In my case, 500 mg/day is too much. I'm growing too much, too fast (I know, I know!) and I want to maintain my female fat distribution and modest boob growth on a low dose.

So I started with only 7 capsules (3500 mg) for 20 suppositories = 175 mg per suppository. Perfect for starters.

Step 2: soften the oil

This is easy. Just put a dollop of coconut oil in a heat-resistant plastic container (such as one of those cold medicine cups) and place it in a shallow bowl with some very hot water in it. The oil will turn to a clear liquid until it heats up.

Step 3: pour the oil into the container that contains the PM

Pour it to the one ounce line and mix well

Step 4: pour the suppository mix into the mold cavities

It's a bit messy, but don't worry.

Step 5: chill

(not yourself, the mold)
Carefully put the mold in the freezer and leave it there for 30 minutes or more to cool/harden the suppositories. When you take the mold out of the freezer, you'll find that the bits you've dribbled all over the mold will come off like candle wax.

After removing the cute little buttons of rectal PM love from the mold, you'll need to store them in a cool place, such as your refrigerator, otherwise, they could turn into a lump of greasy coconut-smelling PM. Plus, it will be very hard to insert them into your cavity without smushing them in the process.

Hi, I use PM soap which I buy from a dutch supplier. You get it free when you order PM. 

I apply this multiple times a day and let it dry before I put my shirt on

So if you are also taking Saw Palmetto could you add that to one of these or should those be take only orally?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon