Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM versus synthetics

What are the differences between taking pueraria murrifica, or taking something such as estrofem? Is there actually any? Huh" alt="Huh" title="Huh"> 

I've taken PM pills in the past but didn't seem to notice any differences. Then again, after self-medicating estrofem+spiro (figuring that maybe my body just doesn't respond very well to the herb) I didn't notice anything either, which leads me to ask this question. I actually stopped taking anything for several years, I got so depressed about the whole thing, and annoyed at having spent so much money for nothing.

(for those wondering why the e+spiro didn't work, I've since learned spiro is very weak and doesn't last long, and of course I have issues with digesting and absorbing food I eat; so if I take PM again it'll only be the liquid or cream instead of pills).

A couple of thoughts about taking PM:

1. I feel that extracts don't work properly - or at all in some cases. There are several elements to PM and I think the important ones aren't present in extracts. Plus, it's hard to control the dosage. Best to stick with a known non-extract formula like Ainterol.

2. The process (female puberty, effects of a change in hormones) takes quite a while. I assume you took PM daily for at least 120 days before you determined that it wasn't working?

3. For most, taking a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor, such as (prescription) Finasteride or (herbal) reishi mushrooms  along with the PM can help the process, sometimes dramatically. There's lots of research and information about that here.

Good luck.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon