Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM replacement

Hi All,

I need some help or advice please.
I’ve been on HBE for almost a year now, taking regular breaks in between. Im currently on one of said breaks, only because I ran out of PM.

When this happened before I bought Femeston 1/5 (1 mg estradiol (as hemihydrate) and 5 mg dydrogesterone) at the local pharmacy, no prescription needed, until my PM stock arrived. Current COVID restrictions are delaying delivery. Femeston 1/5 - 1 tablet every day

Femeston also comes in 1/10 and 2/10 doses. 
Femeston 1/10 - 1mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) or a combination of 1mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) and 10mg dydrogesterone.
Femeston 2/10 - 2mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) or a combination of 2mg oestradiol (as hemihydrate) and 10mg dydrogesterone.
For the first 14 days during a 28-cycle, one tablet containing oestradiol is taken daily; during the following 14 days one tablet containing oestradiol and dydrogesterone is taken.

Femeston is costing me less than PM and also no need to pay for delivery.
My questions is; could Femeston be a replacement for PM? Is it better than PM or not advisable? Which dose of Femeston would be advisable IF to use it instead of PM?

Hi Elke,

yes.
Estradiol hemihydrate is used for conventional HRT.
Estradiol you can take the following: 70kg prob 8mg, 85kg prob 10mg, and 115kg prob 12mg, evenly spread throughout the day.
Source:A Guide to The Power Method for HRT

For dydrogesteron idk, sorry.

XOXO ~ Maze

I’m not sure I’ll be much help, other than to say that Femoston is not a substitute for Pueraria Mirifica, as PM is a substitute for Estrodial. If that makes sense. HRT is the real deal, and PM is 1/10th the strength. I took PM for four years and I’ve been taking estradiol for 6 months. These past six months have been more better than the last four years. 

Most of us on this site are reluctant to go full hrt and are either experimenting with PM, or using it as a low dose hrt or are trying to retain male function, or are more comfortable with herbals, etc, etc. etc. If you have the opportunity to get hrt at less cost than PM, then that’s a bargain. 

My only question with this drug, is while it’s 2mg of estrogen, and that is an optimum dose for incremental sublingual applications, this drug is also a combination progestin. And that’s where I’m confused. It certainly warrants further study. 

I take 2mg Estrofem (Estradiol) sublingual three times a day. I take 200mg Micronized Progesterone at night. It is my understanding that Progestin and Progesterone are two different things. Much like OTC Progesterone Creams are basically derived from Wild Yam. They might sound similar, but they are not. 

I wish Lotus was here to ask. Maybe another more experienced member might have an answer. Maybe check the Reddit groups, r/AskTransgender or r/TransDIY. 

While the 2mg Estradiol sounds great, it’s the Progestin combination part that I question. I’d love some more info about this, tbh. But as it stands now, my 2mg E2, 200mg PG is cheaper to me than the Dydrogesterone combo that you presented. I’d ask around to get a more better answer before you dive in 

Good Luck

p.s. - I know nothing about your end of the world. Sometimes I question why they keep us ignorant on purpose.

I’m not sure I’ll be much help, other than to say that Femoston is not a substitute for Pueraria Mirifica, as PM is a substitute for Estrodial. If that makes sense. HRT is the real deal, and PM is 1/10th the strength. I took PM for four years and I’ve been taking estradiol for 6 months. These past six months have been more better than the last four years. 

Yes maybe a temporary substitute or alternative for short period of time whilst waiting for one’s usual herbal “prescription” to be refilled.

Most of us on this site are reluctant to go full hrt and are either experimenting with PM, or using it as a low dose hrt or are trying to retain male function, or are more comfortable with herbals, etc, etc. etc. If you have the opportunity to get hrt at less cost than PM, then that’s a bargain. 

For now it is a bargain and like many others here, we are here to grow female breasts. Some of us, me included, would like want (having the same desire or dysphoria as most of us) to sport a firm pair of B or C cup breast, not moobs, but would also like to retain my male function. Would that still be possible on Femoston (RR, WP etc. etc. included) with more regular breaks?

My only question with this drug, is while it’s 2mg of estrogen, and that is an optimum dose for incremental sublingual applications, this drug is also a combination progestin. And that’s where I’m confused. It certainly warrants further study. 

Come on experts, help us out here please.

I take 2mg Estrofem (Estradiol) sublingual three times a day. I take 200mg Micronized Progesterone at night. It is my understanding that Progestin and Progesterone are two different things. Much like OTC Progesterone Creams are basically derived from Wild Yam. They might sound similar, but they are not. 

What I could gather from Google - Progesterone occurs naturally in the body, but laboratories can also produce it. Synthetic steroid hormones with progesterone-like properties are called progestin.

I wish Lotus was here to ask. Maybe another more experienced member might have an answer. Maybe check the Reddit groups, r/AskTransgender or r/TransDIY. 

Was also hoping I would get some of our members to give some expert advice. I do however really appreciate your reply, thank you.

While the 2mg Estradiol sounds great, it’s the Progestin combination part that I question. I’d love some more info about this, tbh. But as it stands now, my 2mg E2, 200mg PG is cheaper to me than the Dydrogesterone combo that you presented. I’d ask around to get a more better answer before you dive in 

Currently I’m getting my PM from Ainterol at $16.95 excluding shipping to my country. OTC Progesterone also not available, more shipping costs. Femoston is costing me $11 and a 2-minute walk. MTF HRT treatment is not that easily available in this country because it’s a big NO-NO. The normal HRT which women needs because if obvious female needs (menopause, hysterectomy etc.) are available here, like Femoston and some other Estradiol creams. 

Dydrogesterone by itself is a perfect replacement for Progesterone for us genetic males. It has very little off-target activity, as shown on this Wikipedia article on Progestogens. Unlike Progesterone it does not raise SHBG, and has a far smaller impact on DHT conversion. When taken orally it is well absorbed.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon