Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Suppository Dosage as Opposed to Consumed Dosage

(28-11-2022, 07:37 AM)Richelle81 Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Teddy Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 09:40 AM)Teddy Wrote:  
(25-11-2021, 12:33 AM)Nipply Russel Wrote:  Cross-posted from my thread, for everyone's benefit:

UPDATE: I've been on very low-dose suppository PM (PM mixed with coconut oil and put in my butt). The dosage is very low, but I did that for two reasons:

1. To control the potential risk of another DVT (blood clot)
2. Taking into consideration that the absorption of PM via rectum should be much higher than oral, as there's no pesky liver to get in the way. This means you're kinder to your body and you don't have to buy as much PM.

A mere 500mg per day, about 5 days per week was enough to start growing my breasts, produce aches, fat distribution and (importantly) lead to a blood clot which could have killed me. The suppositories contained 167 mg each and I've been taking them about 6 days a week.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I'm talking about my blood tests here and my personal concern about clots and how to avoid them. I'll be referring to test results below and what I FEEL is an acceptable level of risk but I'm NOT suggesting that anyone reading this consider this to be any sort of risk mitigation. Do your own research, get medical advice, get tested, whatever...but DON'T consider this a green light to proceed if you feel you're at risk.

At the time it was determined that I had a blood clot, my D-Dimer level was tested at around 2.5 mg/L. Values above .50 are considered an indication of a significant risk of DVT and PE (pulmonary embolism). The acceptable max value goes up slightly with age (age/100) with an 80 year old having a cut-off of 0.80 mg/L.

After therapy (drugs) to reduce clotting, my values went to <0.20, which basically means there's not really a significant amount of D-dimer present. Values stayed low in subsequent tests, which means the therapy (and my abstinence from oral PM) was effective at "fixing" the issue that lead to my blood clot.

After about 9 months of successful tests...and after my last "official" test, I resumed the PM, but via suppository instead of oral. The question was whether or not suppository PM would raise my D-dimer number as oral had. I spent the past couple of months "taking" this low-dose amount of PM via suppository, then paid privately to have a D-dimer test on my own, the idea being that I didn't want to alarm my doc and get into a whole new course of expensive meds, when I figure I'd know exactly what caused the clot in the first place.

The latest test results: <0.20
This is encouraging. It tells me what I'd already suspected: that in my case, oral PM leads to increased liver values, which led to a blood clot (and probably would again). It's pretty well understood that HRT therapy via patches (transdermal) significantly reduces the incidence of clots and I'd read the same about suppositories. Read about first-pass liver metabolism here:

https://imcwc.com/html5-blank/hormone-re...ood-clots/

Next steps:
Well, for now, I'm going to up my suppository PM concentration and see how my body responds, with less fear about a clot. But I'm going to get another D-dimer test in a couple/few months.

This also encourages me to consider something I'd already been thinking about, but with less fear of complications and with the massive benefits of medical supervision and regular blood tests: proper HRT via patches or injections (GASP). I've read about the process and contacted Plume (thanks, Abbey!!!) and I *might* be headed down that long, scary road. For me, I think it would be low-dose HRT, with long-term/permanent stealth/boy mode being the likely course. But who knows? The thing is, I don't really understand my own mind right now. Why do I want a female body? Is it just a fetish? I don't know. The possibility of counseling is on the table. And the likelihood of telling my partner is getting higher by the day, simply because I can't proceed without telling her the truth. But the general vibe in the trans community is "try it for a few months and see how you feel. You can always stop." In other words, get some patches and try HRT on the down low and see is my brain and body changes agree with me and make me feel more "aligned" or less so. Scary.

I'm planning to make my own rectal suppositories. I found some real "torpedo-shape" molds. However, I'm in Europe, and either there will be costs and hassle related to import, or have to pay over-price to some German sellers. Therefore I plan to try with conical shape ones, molded on "Silikomart SF131/C Silicone Classic Collection Mold Shapes, Mini Cones". The volume of those is about 2.5ml, and the maximum diameter 18mm (0.7"), so those would likely enter pretty easy.

Now, the right amount of P.M. to use: I have powder claimed to be "10:1 concentrate". Therefore I'm not quite sure how to compare that with the powder extracted from capsules. Presumable it is comparable, so I thought to make the mix so that each "cone" has 200mg powder. I hope it shouldn't be 20mg Rolleyes

An update: I made today forty "rectal cones", each about 2.5 ml, containing about 200 mg of PM concentrate and 200mg Reishi powder each. The rest is 50% Shea Butter, and 50% Coconut Oil. I used Shea butter because it has slightly higher melting point than Coconut Oil, thus hoping that the result doesn't melt under storage and handling so easily. Both fats should still totally melt in body temperature, releasing the stuff. Just now the "prototypes" are under cooling. I'll report how the result will be!

I am expeiremented now with the coconut oil tonight to see if it will get hard after heating it up and putting it in the freezer.
Hi Richelle,

I have used coconut oil for suppositories. It hardens, no problem. The challenge was that when it is liquid, it has low viscosity, and  dry stuff added to it will fall to the bottom. Stirring helps, but it is bit tricky to get equal amounts of the "active stuff" in each suppository because of that. Shea butter has a melting point roughly in body temperature, and I tried therefore also 50/50 mix.

However, because coconut oil has a very low melting point, it will therefore melt again just above typical room temperature - around 24 - 25 degrees Celsius / 75 - 77 degrees Fahrenheit. (Hydrogenated coconut oil melts in a somewhat higher temperature, I think. I used "organic" one). With shea butter they still seem to soften too easily. Maybe the 50 / 50 should be adjusted to more shea butter, less coconut oil.

Therefore I store mine currently in fridge. I plan to do the next experiment when I have used the current production of  a little over 60 pieces.

Hugs,
Teddy

(28-11-2022, 05:17 PM)Teddy Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 09:40 AM)Teddy Wrote:  
(25-11-2021, 12:33 AM)Nipply Russel Wrote:  Cross-posted from my thread, for everyone's benefit:

UPDATE: I've been on very low-dose suppository PM (PM mixed with coconut oil and put in my butt). The dosage is very low, but I did that for two reasons:

1. To control the potential risk of another DVT (blood clot)
2. Taking into consideration that the absorption of PM via rectum should be much higher than oral, as there's no pesky liver to get in the way. This means you're kinder to your body and you don't have to buy as much PM.

A mere 500mg per day, about 5 days per week was enough to start growing my breasts, produce aches, fat distribution and (importantly) lead to a blood clot which could have killed me. The suppositories contained 167 mg each and I've been taking them about 6 days a week.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I'm talking about my blood tests here and my personal concern about clots and how to avoid them. I'll be referring to test results below and what I FEEL is an acceptable level of risk but I'm NOT suggesting that anyone reading this consider this to be any sort of risk mitigation. Do your own research, get medical advice, get tested, whatever...but DON'T consider this a green light to proceed if you feel you're at risk.

At the time it was determined that I had a blood clot, my D-Dimer level was tested at around 2.5 mg/L. Values above .50 are considered an indication of a significant risk of DVT and PE (pulmonary embolism). The acceptable max value goes up slightly with age (age/100) with an 80 year old having a cut-off of 0.80 mg/L.

After therapy (drugs) to reduce clotting, my values went to <0.20, which basically means there's not really a significant amount of D-dimer present. Values stayed low in subsequent tests, which means the therapy (and my abstinence from oral PM) was effective at "fixing" the issue that lead to my blood clot.

After about 9 months of successful tests...and after my last "official" test, I resumed the PM, but via suppository instead of oral. The question was whether or not suppository PM would raise my D-dimer number as oral had. I spent the past couple of months "taking" this low-dose amount of PM via suppository, then paid privately to have a D-dimer test on my own, the idea being that I didn't want to alarm my doc and get into a whole new course of expensive meds, when I figure I'd know exactly what caused the clot in the first place.

The latest test results: <0.20
This is encouraging. It tells me what I'd already suspected: that in my case, oral PM leads to increased liver values, which led to a blood clot (and probably would again). It's pretty well understood that HRT therapy via patches (transdermal) significantly reduces the incidence of clots and I'd read the same about suppositories. Read about first-pass liver metabolism here:

https://imcwc.com/html5-blank/hormone-re...ood-clots/

Next steps:
Well, for now, I'm going to up my suppository PM concentration and see how my body responds, with less fear about a clot. But I'm going to get another D-dimer test in a couple/few months.

This also encourages me to consider something I'd already been thinking about, but with less fear of complications and with the massive benefits of medical supervision and regular blood tests: proper HRT via patches or injections (GASP). I've read about the process and contacted Plume (thanks, Abbey!!!) and I *might* be headed down that long, scary road. For me, I think it would be low-dose HRT, with long-term/permanent stealth/boy mode being the likely course. But who knows? The thing is, I don't really understand my own mind right now. Why do I want a female body? Is it just a fetish? I don't know. The possibility of counseling is on the table. And the likelihood of telling my partner is getting higher by the day, simply because I can't proceed without telling her the truth. But the general vibe in the trans community is "try it for a few months and see how you feel. You can always stop." In other words, get some patches and try HRT on the down low and see is my brain and body changes agree with me and make me feel more "aligned" or less so. Scary.

I'm planning to make my own rectal suppositories. I found some real "torpedo-shape" molds. However, I'm in Europe, and either there will be costs and hassle related to import, or have to pay over-price to some German sellers. Therefore I plan to try with conical shape ones, molded on "Silikomart SF131/C Silicone Classic Collection Mold Shapes, Mini Cones". The volume of those is about 2.5ml, and the maximum diameter 18mm (0.7"), so those would likely enter pretty easy.

Now, the right amount of P.M. to use: I have powder claimed to be "10:1 concentrate". Therefore I'm not quite sure how to compare that with the powder extracted from capsules. Presumable it is comparable, so I thought to make the mix so that each "cone" has 200mg powder. I hope it shouldn't be 20mg Rolleyes

An update: I made today forty "rectal cones", each about 2.5 ml, containing about 200 mg of PM concentrate and 200mg Reishi powder each. The rest is 50% Shea Butter, and 50% Coconut Oil. I used Shea butter because it has slightly higher melting point than Coconut Oil, thus hoping that the result doesn't melt under storage and handling so easily. Both fats should still totally melt in body temperature, releasing the stuff. Just now the "prototypes" are under cooling. I'll report how the result will be!

I am expeiremented now with the coconut oil tonight to see if it will get hard after heating it up and putting it in the freezer.
Hi Richelle,

I have used coconut oil for suppositories. It hardens, no problem. The challenge was that when it is liquid, it has low viscosity, and  dry stuff added to it will fall to the bottom. Stirring helps, but it is bit tricky to get equal amounts of the "active stuff" in each suppository because of that. Shea butter has a melting point roughly in body temperature, and I tried therefore also 50/50 mix.

However, because coconut oil has a very low melting point, it will therefore melt again just above typical room temperature - around 24 - 25 degrees Celsius / 75 - 77 degrees Fahrenheit. (Hydrogenated coconut oil melts in a somewhat higher temperature, I think. I used "organic" one). With shea butter they still seem to soften too easily. Maybe the 50 / 50 should be adjusted to more shea butter, less coconut oil.

Therefore I store mine currently in fridge. I plan to do the next experiment when I have used the current production of  a little over 60 pieces.

Hugs,
Teddy
Hi Teddy,
The suppository test came out good as it came out hard enough to insert into the bottom. I am considering buying a mold at this point. I assume you lubricate the mold so the finished suppository pops out of the mold easily. What I would do is put a half capsule of PM per mold half filled with cocunt oil and then fill the rest of the mold with the same cocunut oil. Where do you buy the shea butter?

(28-11-2022, 09:17 PM)Richelle81 Wrote:  
(03-11-2022, 09:40 AM)Teddy Wrote:  I'm planning to make my own rectal suppositories. I found some real "torpedo-shape" molds. However, I'm in Europe, and either there will be costs and hassle related to import, or have to pay over-price to some German sellers. Therefore I plan to try with conical shape ones, molded on "Silikomart SF131/C Silicone Classic Collection Mold Shapes, Mini Cones". The volume of those is about 2.5ml, and the maximum diameter 18mm (0.7"), so those would likely enter pretty easy.

Hi Richelle,

Hugs,
Teddy
Hi Teddy,
The suppository test came out good as it came out hard enough to insert into the bottom. I am considering buying a mold at this point. I assume you lubricate the mold so the finished suppository pops out of the mold easily. What I would do is put a half capsule of PM per mold half filled with cocunt oil and then fill the rest of the mold with the same cocunut oil. Where do you buy the shea butter?
Hi Richelle,
I am using a mold made of silicone rubber, and it is quite easy to squeeze out the hardened products from it. I used a praline mold from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Silikomart-SF131-S...B00APFWFCQ, found in several Amazon stores, if you start searching with the brand name "Silikomart". I bought shea butter as well from Amazon. It seems to be available in other web shops, too, because it is widely used for hair and skin care.

I pre-mixed the PM powder and the "carrier mix" of coconut oil+shea butter first. I have bought a milligram-resolution small precision scale and have also normal digital kitchen scale. Volume of the mold cavities can be calculated, too (or just measured by water-filling test). With those means then I can adjust pretty well how much PM there will be in the "praline". I targeted 300 mg each. After finishing I checked the results by re-calculating the actual strength when I knew how many my batch made, and in the end results seems to be about 280 mg each. Reason to small deviation is likely that converting weight to the mold cavity volume wasn't precise enough (e.g. how well-filled the cavity becomes, some thermal expansion & shrinkage factors and other minor inaccuracies). "Close enough for government work" Tongue . Those cones enter very easily due to their slightly sharp end.

I hope my experimenting was useful and is inspiring for DIY production of stuff-it-into-your-butt "praline" production Big Grin

-Teddy

(29-11-2022, 07:11 AM)Teddy Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Teddy Wrote:  An update: I made today forty "rectal cones", each about 2.5 ml, containing about 200 mg of PM concentrate and 200mg Reishi powder each. The rest is 50% Shea Butter, and 50% Coconut Oil. I used Shea butter because it has slightly higher melting point than Coconut Oil, thus hoping that the result doesn't melt under storage and handling so easily. Both fats should still totally melt in body temperature, releasing the stuff. Just now the "prototypes" are under cooling. I'll report how the result will be!

Hi Richelle,

Hugs,
Teddy
Hi Teddy,
Hi Richelle,
I am using a mold made of silicone rubber, and it is quite easy to squeeze out the hardened products from it. I used a praline mold from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Silikomart-SF131-S...B00APFWFCQ, found in several Amazon stores, if you start searching with the brand name "Silikomart". I bought shea butter as well from Amazon. It seems to be available in other web shops, too, because it is widely used for hair and skin care.

I pre-mixed the PM powder and the "carrier mix" of coconut oil+shea butter first. I have bought a milligram-resolution small precision scale and have also normal digital kitchen scale. Volume of the mold cavities can be calculated, too (or just measured by water-filling test). With those means then I can adjust pretty well how much PM there will be in the "praline". I targeted 300 mg each. After finishing I checked the results by re-calculating the actual strength when I knew how many my batch made, and in the end results seems to be about 280 mg each. Reason to small deviation is likely that converting weight to the mold cavity volume wasn't precise enough (e.g. how well-filled the cavity becomes, some thermal expansion & shrinkage factors and other minor inaccuracies). "Close enough for government work" Tongue . Those cones enter very easily due to their slightly sharp end.

I hope my experimenting was useful and is inspiring for DIY production of stuff-it-into-your-butt "praline" production Big Grin

-Teddy

Pralines and cream!

(29-11-2022, 08:03 AM)Richelle81 Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 07:37 AM)Richelle81 Wrote:  I am expeiremented now with the coconut oil tonight to see if it will get hard after heating it up and putting it in the freezer.
Hi Richelle,

Hugs,
Teddy
Hi Teddy,
Hi Richelle,

-Teddy

Pralines and cream!

I am interested to know of the results and how long you been taking it?

(30-11-2022, 06:04 AM)Gabrielle Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 05:17 PM)Teddy Wrote:  Hi Richelle,

Hugs,
Teddy
Hi Teddy,
Hi Richelle,

-Teddy

Pralines and cream!

I have now had those about 6 weeks. However, due to some traveling, there have been days off, so average 5 times in a week. No dramatic changes so far. My nipples are maybe getting larger and definitely stand up more than before, but the rest of breasts are about the same as in mid October.

However, when I read about different stories, I didn't expect any rapid changes. I don't want to risk my health by ramping up PM too fast to larger doses.

(30-11-2022, 06:41 AM)Teddy Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 09:17 PM)Richelle81 Wrote:  Hi Teddy,
Hi Richelle,

-Teddy

Pralines and cream!

I have now had those about 6 weeks. However, due to some traveling, there have been days off, so average 5 times in a week. No dramatic changes so far. My nipples are maybe getting larger and definitely stand up more than before, but the rest of breasts are about the same as in mid October.

However, when I read about different stories, I didn't expect any rapid changes. I don't want to risk my health by ramping up PM too fast to larger doses.

Which guide did you follow then? I am interested

(30-11-2022, 05:29 PM)Gabrielle Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 06:41 AM)Teddy Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 07:11 AM)Teddy Wrote:  Hi Richelle,

-Teddy

Pralines and cream!

Which guide did you follow then? I am interested
I have done some research and analysis of different guides myself, and created my own path. It is definitely based much on other people's programs and guiding, but with modifications.

In short:
- I'm not using herbal capsules but buy the stuff in powder format. mixing it in a drink. And make my own "suppositories".
- I take that drink every morning and every evening, except when traveling messes up my schedules (not very often)
- My twice-a day the drink has PM concentrate powder about 270-290 mg , 2-3 g organic Reishi , a teaspoon of MSM, some vitamin C powder and also a 1-2 g spoonful of nettle root powder. The weights are slightly variable and inaccurate, as I have "calibrated" the weight units to volume units (i.e. using measuring spoons for easier administration)
- I use also one home made suppository every morning, and take a tablet of B-vitamin-complex and a tablet of Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc. I am taking also D3 about 30 000 IU / week.

I massage my breasts every morning and evening using a home-made PM tincture. (PM powder, 80% alcohol, Reishi powder. Everything soaked 10-14 days shaking regularly, and then decanted and filtered to a tincture)

My plan is to gradually increase the PM intake to be up to 1g/day during this winter, monitoring how my body reacts. This current regimen I started 7-8 weeks ago, before that I experimented about a year with other similar combinations, but having in the beginning Fenugreek instead of PM, and  Saw Palmetto instead of Reishi.  I have already noticed, that going to PM/Reishi regimen seems to be likely quite more powerful.

I read on this site that the herb used as suppository is utilized at 100% instead of only about 20% when taken by mouth. I independently cannot verify any of that.
I've taken Ainterol 500mg caps on and off for several years. I have taken as much as 3000mg per day but I had symptoms and decided to stay below 1000mg per day. Using this herb should be done very carefully as can be read in other posts on this site. 
I would not recommend anyone who is just starting to do suppository as the dose is hard to control and could be too great. Especially if the uptake is 100% as opposed to about 20%. These herbs should be taken unaltered by mouth from the supplier and the dose started low and raised over time as said in other posts. But, if used this way a much smaller amount is needed so this is a cost-effective method for a continued usage and if having trouble obtaining the herb the amount can be stretched out. A bottle of 100 caps lasts over twice as long for me. I will not go into the amount you should use because I do not have information on absorption using this method. I recently started using the suppository method and have comments. If a person has been taking 1000mg per day or more for some time and are not having any issues medically speaking I would start at 1/4 of the contents of a cap per day or less and watch its effects. At 1/2 cap per day I had night sweats, and cramps as the symptoms. But I watch for cramping, muscle pain and anything out of the ordinary. Be careful. These are powerful herbs.
I chop a pill. Sometimes this does not cut or breaks so deal with it. Put a desired amount of the powder in the shot glass. I leave the remaining in the pill chopper. Fill the syringe to about 4mL. Empty the syringe water into the shot glass and stir. Put vaseline on the end of the syringe. Be a little generous. Pull the mixed fluid back into the syringe. Put some vaseline in the anus. Push the syringe as far as it will go and push the plunger. Pull it out and wash it for next use.
Needed supplies:
Whiskey shot glass
tooth pick (for stirring, if needed)
10mL syringe
pill cutter
vaseline
tweezers (for taking broken pill pieces out of powder sometimes)
Ainterol 500mg caps

[pear or others, if you see that I have errores please respond.]

(29-12-2022, 12:15 AM)letty Wrote:  I read on this site that the herb used as suppository is utilized at 100% instead of only about 20% when taken by mouth. I independently cannot verify any of that.
I've taken Ainterol 500mg caps on and off for several years. I have taken as much as 3000mg per day but I had symptoms and decided to stay below 1000mg per day. Using this herb should be done very carefully as can be read in other posts on this site. 
I would not recommend anyone who is just starting to do suppository as the dose is hard to control and could be too great. Especially if the uptake is 100% as opposed to about 20%. These herbs should be taken unaltered by mouth from the supplier and the dose started low and raised over time as said in other posts. But, if used this way a much smaller amount is needed so this is a cost-effective method for a continued usage and if having trouble obtaining the herb the amount can be stretched out. A bottle of 100 caps lasts over twice as long for me. I will not go into the amount you should use because I do not have information on absorption using this method. I recently started using the suppository method and have comments. If a person has been taking 1000mg per day or more for some time and are not having any issues medically speaking I would start at 1/4 of the contents of a cap per day or less and watch its effects. At 1/2 cap per day I had night sweats, and cramps as the symptoms. But I watch for cramping, muscle pain and anything out of the ordinary. Be careful. These are powerful herbs.
I chop a pill. Sometimes this does not cut or breaks so deal with it. Put a desired amount of the powder in the shot glass. I leave the remaining in the pill chopper. Fill the syringe to about 4mL. Empty the syringe water into the shot glass and stir. Put vaseline on the end of the syringe. Be a little generous. Pull the mixed fluid back into the syringe. Put some vaseline in the anus. Push the syringe as far as it will go and push the plunger. Pull it out and wash it for next use.
Needed supplies:
Whiskey shot glass
tooth pick (for stirring, if needed)
10mL syringe
pill cutter
vaseline
tweezers (for taking broken pill pieces out of powder sometimes)
Ainterol 500mg caps

[pear or others, if you see that I have errores please respond.]
I wonder how long you been doing that and what are your results like from this method then? Perhaps you should keep a visual diary on your progress

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon