Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pm causing t to be lowered?

It's always been my knowledge or assumption that pm does lower your testosterone that's how it basically works I was talking in another form and they asked me indirectly if there was any " reputable scientific evidence " on the side note I'm well aware that b o program ovarian glandular is reported to have a basic 6-month time span and then your testosterone is supposedly lowered for good which in my case I did not see but never had it checked either so the main point of this thread is there any links to scientific research that shows pm lowers testosterone?

(24-11-2020, 08:07 PM)michelle street Wrote:  It's always been my knowledge or assumption that pm does lower your testosterone that's how it basically works I was talking in another form and they asked me indirectly if there was any " reputable scientific evidence " on the side note I'm well aware that b o program ovarian glandular is reported to have a basic 6-month time span and then your testosterone is supposedly lowered for good which in my case I did not see but never had it checked either so the main point of this thread is there any links to scientific research that shows pm lowers testosterone?
It stands to reason, so I’d say yes. It does. You’d have to do a deep dive in the science that Lotus has provided us.

Testosterone is regulated via the estrogen feedback loop.
If your estrogen is too high, your body starts to cut testosterone production down..

Testosterone is converted to estrogen via aromatase, the more T you can convert to E, the less T you will make.

I'll drop this here even if I have no idea of what it means.

About 20 days ago, after having had pains under my nipples for a month, I went to the Doc. Diagnosis: gynecomastia. Apaprently the pain was a bigger budding than I thought I already had years ago.
Anyway, the Doc told me to do some blood tests and they came back saying that I had high T and high prolactin. I told him about the Pueraria Mirifica I am taking, saying that I do it to regrow my hair (part true), and e said that probably my T came back high because of that. I told him that I know that PM has some sort of estrogenic effect, and that I would expect my T to be lower... he had no clue and referred me to an endocrinologist. (Not scheduled yet).

When I had that Doc appointment, I had stopped taking PM for about 10 days. My libido was coming back up (kinda like: look, a hole, I must f*ck it!) so I knew that T was on the rise. What I didn't expect was the swing to a high T from the "low T" situation of when I take PM, and just in 10 days.

My plan is to keep taking PM if/when another blood test is due, and then see if T is still high.

Thank you for your help, it's always nice to hear awsners  to questions I didn't directly make , not to sound harsh , originally was hoping there would be at least a  slim chance that there was  researched scientific results to back up to the nay sayer's  , I almost quickly don't care after to prove to someone I'll never meet that PM is a solid direction to take to grow breast  thanks again ?

OK, sticking to the point:
There is no general consensus on the fact that taking estrogen in any shape will lower your testosterone.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/endo/46497
Since PM contains miroestrol, that mimics oestrogen, there is no proof that just by taking it you will lower your T.

You touched down on BO, saying that it was supposed to have a "6-month time span and then your testosterone is supposedly lowered for good". On this forum, a lot of people have debunked this. Estrogen is stored in fat in the cells. The estrogen in BO seems to bind with fat more effectively, so it stores in your body and it has a longer effect when you stop. It's like continuing taking pills for some time after stopping BO, but, again, this has no effect on T.

Some users reported, and this is unproven, that taking PM sometimes causes T to rise, maybe to counteract the added E.

Thank you Shirazmn Smile I don't usually go around trying to argue and defend pm but it helps to be educated

interesting!
i have posted elsewhere re this as i have recently had blood tests, being on pm and dht, i told doc about both, hair loss and growing boobs, he wasnt fazed but seemd a bit taken aback lol, anyway i asked for hormone levels to be checked, all came back as normal or acceptable, some have said pm doesnt show as estrogen as its not the same as the pill type hormone estrogen, i was a bit annoyed that i didnt have high e and low t, i did discuss finasterdide tablets for hair loss, and if side effect is boobs, no probs i said,.......................waiting on his chat with his peers......

(27-11-2020, 08:53 PM)michelle street Wrote:  Thank you Shirazmn Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile"> I don't usually go around trying to argue and defend pm but it helps to be educated

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon