Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PW waistline

Yep.  All grains.  Get vitamins and minerals from vegetables.  That is my finding.

The only highly digestible part of a grain is the starch.  This could turn into an endless debate, as mountains of conflicting written "evidence" could be cited.  The evidence that convinces me personally is the result that my approach has produced in me.  I have high confidence it would work for nearly anyone else.

(07-10-2020, 03:29 AM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Yep.  All grains.  Get vitamins and minerals from vegetables.  That is my finding.

The only highly digestible part of a grain is the starch.  This could turn into an endless debate, as mountains of conflicting written "evidence" could be cited.  The evidence that convinces me personally is the result that my approach has produced in me.  I have high confidence it would work for nearly anyone else.

Alright I already spend hours shopping in the supermarket reading all the small print, usually look at calories first and reject it if too much, but now have to look for grain?

(07-10-2020, 05:57 AM)Drew Wrote:  

(07-10-2020, 03:29 AM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  Yep.  All grains.  Get vitamins and minerals from vegetables.  That is my finding.

Alright I already spend hours shopping in the supermarket reading all the small print, usually look at calories first and reject it if too much, but now have to look for grain? Alright I normally do get bored and just buy my raw white cabbage and salad, a splash of olive oil and pepper or a tin of baked beans, they have absolutely no fat. Or a tin of heinz tomatoe soup, would be amazed at how few calories a tin of that has and lasts all day.

Yes baked beans and cabbage and NO, I don't fart a lot. Smile

I remember one time I stopped at a restaurant at a rest stop on the Autobahn. On the menu they had bratwurst and by it it said:  Mit Bratwurst “fahrt” Mann gut.

I ordered the bratwurst...lol

I went Keto for a few weeks and it was the best damn weight loss I've ever had.

How are you getting on with this diet after these years?

Would you consider porridge oats to be part of the no-grains diet?

Your point about the waist is interesting and something I needed to hear. I am too big there, and that's not good for my health. I'd love to have some boobs (primarily focusing on nipple-orgasm connection), but really what I'd love to do is be able to wear women's skirts, dresses, suspender belts and panties. I can't fit into any of them! If it means I lose fat behind my back enough to fit on a bra with some boob growth then bonus!

I have to agree about the Keto diet.

I started a very loose version of Keto about two years back, focused on limiting the amount of grain/starch as possible without over thinking anything.
Small bowl of Corn Chex and a banana for breakfast, half a ham and cheese sandwich with chips and a piece of fruit for lunch and a keto recipe dinner with ice cream for desert.  (I said very loose didn't I? Smile)

Following that menu and adding 1hr of strength training focused on core and glutes 3 times a week plus an hr on a trainer or cycling outside when the weather is nice 3 times a week (100-150 miles approx) I went from 200+lbs to 180-lbs and my waist shrank from 36" to 31" while my hips grew from 39" to 41".
With the holidays and several lingering illnesses (unrelated) I fell completely off my routine and am slowly working back into it.
My goal is to get down to 170Lbs and a 29" waist by summer. (fingers crossed) Rolleyes

I lost 30 pounds in 90 days with Keto but I did not enjoy the menu.
After about a year, I missed bread and pasta too much. 
Went off the diet and eventually gained all the weight back.

(12-01-2024, 07:15 PM)Karen Hart Wrote:  I lost 30 pounds in 90 days with Keto but I did not enjoy the menu.
After about a year, I missed bread and pasta too much. 
Went off the diet and eventually gained all the weight back.
I hear you.
Enjoying what you eat is really vital to sticking with a diet or any food related change.

What was it that you did not like?
Too much fat, too much protein, the vegetable spirals as a pasta substitute, the pork rinds or Kale substitute for chips?
If it was the flavors and fats in the meals, nothing to do but try something else.
If it was more the strange substitutions, then there are a lot of options out there these days that weren't available even a year ago.
Some seem suspect on the face of it.  Keto "friendly" bread and pasta?  But Ice Cream I can see and things like Kodiak cakes while not strictly Keto are packed with protein and that can help curb appetite and keep energy up.
If it was the meals, I found a magazine (The Keto Diet) that had a impressive collection of recipes that my whole family enjoy. From Shrimp Scampi to Steak with mushrooms to cold Avocado soup and more.

Another option would be to go Keto light, have one (light) meal a day with grains and starch (lunch works for me because it is easy to limit the amount of food.  Not as much weight loss but maybe easier to stick with.

Hope this helps.

Hey KittKat,

Too much meat, I am a near vegetarian.
Too much fat, can that really be good for us?
No biscuits and gravy.  Smile
If there were a biscuits and gravy diet, I would do well.

However, you make a very good point. I could try a modified Keto menu.
Any attempt would be an improvement over my current diet!

Thanks for the ideas, and the encouragement!

Karen  Heart

Now I don’t take any herbs or PM. However I lost 30 pounds  doing intermittent fasting. It works for me. Gonna start using oatmeal now as part of the plan

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon