Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does the body hair grow back?

I've not shaved my chest, legs, butt, etc. but I have plucked many hundreds of hairs from those areas in an attempt to look less masculine. Of course, I really want to remove my chest hair, but I don't want to have stubble and have to shave every few days.

My beard grows at about 1/3 of the rate that it did before PM, which is encouraging.

But I see so many photos and videos of smooth, hairless bodies and I would LOVE to have one, if I ever got up the nerve. Clearly, pharma HRT has a more profound effect, but I was wondering if any have experienced that same with PM - or do even the HRT girls have to shave their entire bodies every few days?

Women DO have body hair, that's why epilation and waxing exist.
Where body hair seems to slow down when doing PM or HRT is the chest, but most trans people epilate or laser that area even before hormones do their job.

(16-09-2020, 11:51 PM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Women DO have body hair, that's why epilation and waxing exist.
Where body hair seems to slow down when doing PM or HRT is the chest, but most trans people epilate or laser that area even before hormones do their job.

Understood - and mine seems to have slowed, but I'm wondering if I'll have to shave regularly if I don't epilate/laster. Sounds like I will.

Shaving (Norelco Bodygroom) daily isn't a big deal, not for me anyway.  Takes little more than the time it takes to do my face.  Ingrowns eventually not a problem, if you do it daily.  Any coarse areas that need taming can be gradually epilated, until they shave easily. I've been doing it for 10 years, and on/off for 25.  I let it grow back 4 years ago, for a family gathering that involved swimming, so I know it's still plentiful.  Could hardly wait to shave it off again.

I have been using Epilady for 4 years straight now. I have been on and off PM during this time too. But I would say hair growth is much slower and less dense.

I have also used home laser on a few areas that still have dark hairs, and that has helped a bunch.

michelle

Thanks for the input. I hope to shave at some point, but there has to be a reveal/discussion with my significant other before we get there.

I used a Tria Laser on most of my body hair pre-HRT and it hasn't grown back. After HRT, I don't need to shave those areas I couldn't hit with that like my back and back of my legs much, though a handful of hairs there still grow and will grow to full length, so I still shave them occasionally to prevent that.

Facial hair, I just had to go with electrolysis. Quite a lot of it was gray, and neither PM nor HRT had much effect on it.

(19-09-2020, 03:54 AM)PaulaJ Wrote:  I used a Tria Laser on most of my body hair pre-HRT and it hasn't grown back. After HRT, I don't need to shave those areas I couldn't hit with that like my back and back of my legs much, though a handful of hairs there still grow and will grow to full length, so I still shave them occasionally to prevent that.

Facial hair, I just had to go with electrolysis. Quite a lot of it was gray, and neither PM nor HRT had much effect on it.

Thanks

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon