Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Help!

Hi everyone,

I have been taking pm for about a month now and for about two weeks I started to get back and shoulder pains and it’s getting worse every day.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Im not sure if it’s related.

My whole life I have experienced back pain (cause of my length:6’4”/194cm)

But this I have never had before. Usually if I rest enough it’s gone but now I can’t even sleep normally.

I’m going to see my doctor about it, but it would help for sure if any of you had similar experiences. So I can come in prepared!

At the moment I’m taking:

2x600mg pm (At lunch and before bedtime)

Fish oil

Multivitamins

2x saw palmetto 320mg

2x hair gro pils

PS. I read about cramps with pm on this forum and that if you up the dose those will go away. I tried it by taking 2x 3 300mg pm yesterday but the pain is worse that before so I’m not sure about that

Huh" alt="Huh" title="Huh">

I'm close to 3 months on pm and calcium, I stay at 1k mg in morning and another 1 k mg in late afternoon I tried pushing to 3 k mg and the pain was too much in my chest, so I know that 2 is my safe limit, I have not heard of the more you take the less pain sounds like you're in a safe limit

The only real pain, outside of the testies, was in my legs, upper thighs. Never had the headaches some report or pain in shoulder or back. Hard to say if its related or not though.

Hi

A couple of ideas:
Saw Palmetto, more than PM, may be causing the pains. It lowers testosterone absorption in your body and therefore it lowers your energy levels.
The hair growth stuff may be adding to it. If it's an anti balding substance then it probably also contain an antiandrogen like SP.
PM too lowers T (a bit), so you'd be taking 3 substances with anti androgenic effects, that is probably too much for your body. 

Depending on what you are trying to achieve you may have to drop one or the other. I would start by dropping SP or the hair stuff but, again, it depends on your goals.

Thank you all for the replies!

I’m going to stop with sp for sure then!

As for the calcium, could it be a lack of?

I drink milk regularly and eat quite some cheese. Should I take extra supplements for calcium regardless?

As for a little update: I didn’t take any pills yesterday and woke up with even greater back pain so I’m not sure if the hormones are still in my body or have no effect in this situation

I myself have dealt with back pain since I was 15 it's been crippling at times, at age 51 I have found it I keep pad and a moist washcloth inside it why is just the thing to sleep on at night you may have to adjust the temperature at times maybe this is all you need to cure the pain I have a feeling that it's not related to what you're taking, a calcium supplement would be great beneficial as long as it's not overdone daily I take 2 that are rated at 650 mg I separate them from morning to late afternoon I don't always get enough milk so this should easily cover that they do say that p.m. needs lots of calcium best of luck

Hello,

I too have been having upper back pain between my shoulders. I've been on PM for two weeks now and my pain started one week ago.

What I'm currently on:

500mg of PM twice a day

1600mg of SP twice a day.

Prior to starting PM i was on the following for 4 months:

2000mg of Fenugreek three times a day

1250mg of Red Clover twice a day

2000mg of SP twice a day

I didn't have any issues until I swapped to PM.

I'm not sure if it's related though as my working situation changed around the same time and I thought it was more likely to be that.

However since you mention you have the same pains I thought it worth posting here just in case.

Considering I have lowered my SP dose, I don't see how it can be that in my case.

Hi everyone,

Here’s an update!

I went full stop on all pills for a week and now my pain has faded away.

Not sure if it’s related though.

I also went to a masseuse which helped a lot. But not as much as I hoped!

I started yesterday again so if the pain comes back it might give me some answers.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this all and I was wondering (since I read it many times on this forum)

Could it be that these hormones change the upper body dimensions (ie. Getting a smaller underbust size)

One of my bra’s I usually wear seems te be less tight than before

I’m pretty skinny (not much fat except for a bit on my tummy), are my bones shrinking? Or muscles tightening.

I finished my first bottle and of Pm pills (300x 300mg) and I must say I haven’t noticed much change yet.

Though my hair growth is changing for sure (less hair in my legs)

And my left boob seems to be slightly bigger though no budding yet.

My skin definitely feels softer though.

On a mental note I have experienced far less than I expected after reading so many stories here. Though one week, about a month ago, I did feel like I could cry at any moment (heavy feel of melancholy)

@leggy

Maybe it’s the switch from red clover, sp to pm, since I had that too.

I quit sp all together I’ll keep you informed if the back pain stays away or not!

@michelle street

Could you elaborate a bit more, I’m interested.

A pad with moister cloth inside. How does that work?

(26-07-2020, 03:46 PM)SophieB Wrote:  

Maybe it’s the switch from red clover, sp to pm, since I had that too.

I quit sp all together I’ll keep you informed if the back pain stays away or not!

Did you have any luck with the back pain staying away? I still get pain between my shoulders.

(19-07-2020, 01:31 PM)SophieB Wrote:  

Hi everyone,

I have been taking pm for about a month now and for about two weeks I started to get back and shoulder pains and it’s getting worse every day.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Im not sure if it’s related.

My whole life I have experienced back pain (cause of my length:6’4”/194cm)

But this I have never had before. Usually if I rest enough it’s gone but now I can’t even sleep normally.

I’m going to see my doctor about it, but it would help for sure if any of you had similar experiences. So I can come in prepared!

At the moment I’m taking:

2x600mg pm (At lunch and before bedtime)

Fish oil

Multivitamins

2x saw palmetto 320mg

2x hair gro pils

PS. I read about cramps with pm on this forum and that if you up the dose those will go away. I tried it by taking 2x 3 300mg pm yesterday but the pain is worse that before so I’m not sure about that

Huh" alt="Huh" title="Huh">

Hi Sophie,  Lotus recommends taking herbal supplement on an empty stomach for best results in most cases.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon