Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fasting and Supplements (Herbals/Vitamins)

I've been looking into the benefits of intermittent fasting, particularly for weight management and as a source of HGH in my program. The main issue appears to be that caloric intake conflicts with the fast, and while most supplements don't mention any calorie dietary information its safe to assume there is something there for most of them.

Has anyone used fasting in their program and did you adjust when/what you take because of it? A 16/8 intermittent fast appears doable if I don't mind cramming everything into that 8 hour window, though right now I try to spread out evenly throughout the day.

(14-03-2020, 06:13 AM)So4D Wrote:  I've been looking into the benefits of intermittent fasting, particularly for weight management and as a source of HGH in my program. The main issue appears to be that caloric intake conflicts with the fast, and while most supplements don't mention any calorie dietary information its safe to assume there is something there for most of them.

Has anyone used fasting in their program and did you adjust when/what you take because of it? A 16/8 intermittent fast appears doable if I don't mind cramming everything into that 8 hour window, though right now I try to spread out evenly throughout the day.

Intermittent fasting isn't as draconian as it sounds. If someone gets used to not eating breakfast, and say, eats between noon and 8 PM...that's pretty doable. This approach doesn't even need a special name like IF.

The body isn't meant to constantly be digesting foods and getting used to not always be doing so is less taxing on the body.

When I've experimented with IF, I found "cramming" was naturally discouraged, simply because it's unpleasant. So one, ideally, simply learns to eat less, which for many of us, leads us to be eating amounts more fit for living.

If we are overeating, relegating that overeating to an 8 hour window likely isn't a healthy approach and just as likely not a pleasant one.

As for basic vitamins/supplements, I'd expect minimal calorie content, so I personally wouldn't worry about those.

Here's an example pulled up randomly online:

https://www.sparkpeople.com/calories-in....ltivitamin

That's a meager 5 calories. Now if one is scooping a supplement out of a tub, then that's likely worth taking an extra look at the calorie content (if counting calories).

(14-03-2020, 06:13 AM)So4D Wrote:  I've been looking into the benefits of intermittent fasting, particularly for weight management and as a source of HGH in my program. The main issue appears to be that caloric intake conflicts with the fast, and while most supplements don't mention any calorie dietary information its safe to assume there is something there for most of them.

Hi, So4D,
Part of the game for IF or even OMAD is meal choice, part is going for ketosis, or at least fat burning.
For example, if you don't want to skip breakfast, you can have coffee with heavy cream or coconut oil or MCT oil (sort of a refined coconut oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, which the body cannot store, it uses or excretes them.)
These won't break the fast, with regards to blood sugar. They literally break the fast by being food, though, and would impact fat loss....

So, you want to avoid protein and carbs outside the eating window, and the best way is just, don't eat. Drink only water. You can get away with teas, white is great for aiding lipolysis, and green is good for both our hormones and our weight management, though I forget the mechanism now. Also supposed to protect the telomeres of our cells. 
These are with no sweeteners, mind, and no milk, half and half, cream, MCT, etc. 

Make sure you are getting enough calories, you could do a 5/2 approach or a  daily 8 hour window, you'll want to see what works best. 
I am doing the 8 hour eating window, as possible. Some calorie restriction, not much, and due to circumstances, not as healthy as I should be, I'm allowing pizza, for example.
But I'm planning to be down about 30 pounds by end of year, mostly thinking fat loss, body recomp. 
Which, with the PM, might be interesting.... ?
-Dianna

I have great results with minus calorie foods have gone down from 90kg to 68, just another 8 to go.

For anybody who hasn't heard the term, for instance an average olive is 7 calories but the body burns more than 7 to process it. Mostly just fresh fruits and veg and only olive oil as salad dressing occasionaly.
But have obviously lost all the fat in my boobs, more than a full cup size, so expect that unfortunately.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon