Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone experiences? OTC vs. Prescription?

I was reading this article which mentions progesterone for HRT: https://www.facebook.com/notes/beverly-c...510263529/

Unless my T is still high (I'm guessing it's dropped over the last few months due to changes in sexual functioning), I'm guessing my doctor won't prescribe progesterone so I'm thinking about buying some progesterone cream (PC) online if she doesn't.

Has anyone had any experiences with either type of progesterone? And do you know whether the OTC version can be effective? It seems the OTC estradiol cream isn't commonly used here - people seem to prefer the herbal phytoestrogens so I was wondering about the PC.

I'm also wondering whether the PC will lower E or if it just lowers T. My levels are ok now, but not great so I'm concerned about that. However, I'm close to 2 years into HRT and with limited results.

(17-01-2020, 08:22 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  I was reading this article which mentions progesterone for HRT: https://www.facebook.com/notes/beverly-c...510263529/

Unless my T is still high (I'm guessing it's dropped over the last few months due to changes in sexual functioning), I'm guessing my doctor won't prescribe progesterone so I'm thinking about buying some progesterone cream (PC) online if she doesn't.

Has anyone had any experiences with either type of progesterone? And do you know whether the OTC version can be effective? It seems the OTC estradiol cream isn't commonly used here - people seem to prefer the herbal phytoestrogens so I was wondering about the PC.

I'm also wondering whether the PC will lower E or if it just lowers T. My levels are ok now, but not great so I'm concerned about that. However, I'm close to 2 years into HRT and with limited results.

I have used progesterone cream for some time and I am not sure if it does anything to promote breast growth in the quantities as a cream.  I have read that menogest progesterone in tablet form can help growth so these were ordered recently; so I shall see how these work.

I had some results with Wellspring Serenity cream and also with Menogest tablets but only tried for a short time each.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon