Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen Cream vs. Patch vs. Troches

I have recently made the decision to start an estrogen regimen.

I have used various herbs with some limited success. 

Now I want to avoid all oral administration of herbs in favor of transdermal or troche/lozenges.

I am making this change to avoid the 1st pass to the liver.

My trouble is that I can take an unending supply of herbal products because they are legal and unregulated but I can't legally obtain estrogen patches or sublingual type tablets without a prescription.

I know I can order from places out of country like Inhousepharmacy but am uncomfortable doing this for concern of seizure by customs and complications at my post office with medical labels on packages. I just wish I could deal with a local person in Seattle to Portland area to get around all that. But so far no luck.

At any rate, my question is really how affective is bi-est cream (2mg estriol/0.5mg) vs estrogen patch vs disolving estrogen tablet between lips and gums?

I've seen online charts that seem contradictory.

Some sources say that 1mg oral estradiol is equivalent to 1 pump (2.5 mg, equivalent to 0.66 mg estradiol) of bi-est cream. This seems dubious and surely can't be accounting for absorption rate of cream into the bloodstream. I've seen charts claim that 5% of oral estrogen makes it past the stomach and liver into the blood stream. But then again it wouldn't only take about a 7.5% absorption rate for bi-est cream dose to match the previously mentioned 5% clearance rate for oral estrogen. 

I guess my real question is how much cream would it take for similar levels of estrogen in the bloodstream from oral estrogen? I am under the impression that more is less with creams and just slathering it on does not have the intended results.

I hope i do not sound too blunt when I say this, but ..

Why not just go to the Drs and ask for a prescription ??  ( not withstanding, at this point I have no idea where you live )

(26-12-2019, 09:03 PM)Popcangirl Wrote:  I have recently made the decision to start an estrogen regimen.

Now I want to avoid all oral administration of herbs in favor of transdermal or troche/lozenges.

My trouble is that I can take an unending supply of herbal products because they are legal and unregulated but I can't legally obtain estrogen patches or sublingual type tablets without a prescription.

I know I can order from places out of country like Inhousepharmacy but am uncomfortable doing this for concern of seizure by customs and complications at my post office with medical labels on packages. I just wish I could deal with a local person in Seattle to Portland area to get around all that. But so far no luck.

At any rate, my question is really how affective is bi-est cream (2mg estriol/0.5mg) vs estrogen patch vs disolving estrogen tablet between lips and gums?

Some sources say that 1mg oral estradiol is equivalent to 1 pump (2.5 mg, equivalent to 0.66 mg estradiol) of bi-est cream. This seems dubious and surely can't be accounting for absorption rate of cream into the bloodstream. I've seen charts claim that 5% of oral estrogen makes it past the stomach and liver into the blood stream. But then again it wouldn't only take about a 7.5% absorption rate for bi-est cream dose to match the previously mentioned 5% clearance rate for oral estrogen. 

I guess my real question is how much cream would it take for similar levels of estrogen in the bloodstream from oral estrogen? I am under the impression that more is less with creams and just slathering it on does not have the intended results.
Pop, I have been receiving pharma from Inhousepharmacy here in the States for the past 2 1/2 years.  None of my packages are marked as medical, none have had any problems at customs and all have been in original manufacturer packaging.
I would suggest a "test" purchase of a minimum dosage and minimum supply and see what develops.  You can always claim the meds are for "hair restoration."

Good luck,

Cat

(27-12-2019, 06:23 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I hope i do not sound too blunt when I say this, but ..

Why not just go to the Drs and ask for a prescription ??  ( not withstanding, at this point I have no idea where you live )

Not to blunt at all. Just a matter of personal choice and personal timeline for this. By 2021 it will be a different scenario but for now this is my best option personally, and for other reasons not listed.

(28-12-2019, 01:57 AM)catbeginner Wrote:  
(26-12-2019, 09:03 PM)Popcangirl Wrote:  I have recently made the decision to start an estrogen regimen.

Pop, I have been receiving pharma from Inhousepharmacy here in the States for the past 2 1/2 years.  None of my packages are marked as medical, none have had any problems at customs and all have been in original manufacturer packaging.
I would suggest a "test" purchase of a minimum dosage and minimum supply and see what develops.  You can always claim the meds are for "hair restoration."

Good luck,

Cat

Interesting thing about hair. As soon as I started taking a herbal supplement extract my hair grew back on my head. Turns out it blocks DHT. But sadly it also blocks Aromatase. Time for the real deal with estrogen.

(30-12-2019, 07:12 PM)Popcangirl Wrote:  
(28-12-2019, 01:57 AM)catbeginner Wrote:  

Good luck,

Cat

Interesting thing about hair. As soon as I started taking a herbal supplement extract my hair grew back on my head. Turns out it blocks DHT. But sadly it also blocks Aromatase. Time for the real deal with estrogen.

which supplement caused hair regrowth?, and where? thanku x

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon