Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Come full circle!

This may be of interest to some, I`v been on HRT (pharma) for 4 years now, and have been told by my gender doc that I`m to slowly come off Spiro and use Finasteride 5mg/day instead as well as my 6mg E.
but since I don`t have my presciption yet and have no desire for any T revisiting me, I`v started taking SP again!
Here`s the thing, the SP is working better than the Spiro or the Androcur that I also spent a year taking (I wanted a break from spiro), there`s significant Further shrinkage even after 4 years! and because i`m also taking PM as well as E now, there`s further breast growth after nearly a 3 year stall of just being on E and Blockers.
I`m down to just 50mg of spiro now, and only 2 SP capsules (swansons SP) and T is not making any sort of comeback, it`s getting less!
I have no explaination as to Why SP is working Waaaay better than pharma T blockers, but I think I`m going to stick with SP from now on, it`s cheaper and causes less long term issues, And I don`t have to be careful what I eat! Big Grin
I kinda wish I`d known this was going to be the case earlier instead of having to wait until i`d nearly run out of my self medding pharma whilst waiting for my official prescription to be sorted. Eitherway, at least I know I`m going to be OK now until surgery time (sometime next year).
Maybe I`ll get to be a C cup afterall! Cool

Finesteride doesn't stop the production of T, it just shuts down your receptors.

Finesteride also does a few other nasty things. Personally, I wouldn't touch it. I was on it for two years, it drove me to a few suicide attempts.

Google finesteride and suicide.

(18-12-2019, 11:21 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Finesteride doesn't stop the production of T, it just shuts down your receptors.

Finesteride also does a few other nasty things. Personally, I wouldn't touch it. I was on it for two years, it drove me to a few suicide attempts.

I`v been on it for 4 years solid now, never had anything even close to that, quite the opposite really, all depression, drinking and suicide ideation stopped as soon as I started E and dropped my T levels, I`v never felt this good since I was a kid!

(18-12-2019, 11:43 PM)Katie Wrote:  
(18-12-2019, 11:21 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Finesteride doesn't stop the production of T, it just shuts down your receptors.

I`v been on it for 4 years solid now, never had anything even close to that, quite the opposite really, all depression, drinking and suicide ideation stopped as soon as I started E and dropped my T levels, I`v never felt this good since I was a kid!
Sorry .. 

" told by my gender doc that I`m to slowly come off Spiro and use Finasteride 5mg/day instead" made me think you were just starting it.

Your one of the lucky ones.

I see how it could have read that way, apologies. but no, I`v been on fin for 4 year along with spiro apart from a 1 year break when I was on androcur, but i`v always taken fin (usually 2.5mg) a day, but I was on 5mg at the beginning for about 18 months.
His rationale was that it`s not the T that does the damage but the DHT, but me being me I`m not willing to take that chance so I`ll stay with SP and Fin until I`m 100% convinced that he`s right, but eitherway it`ll only be for about another year anyway then I won`t need either Big Grin

I've been on finasteride 5mg per day for about 8 years for prostate, and I've never associated it with any negative mental effects. Together with PM it has certainly reduced things 'down below' in that time.
PM by itself has the effect of significantly reducing body hair, for me, but as I've said many times, my actual breast tissue growth ( not including fat volume) stopped after about 18 months or so on PM...... until literally a couple of weeks ago when suddenly they fired up again  and have been driving me nuts ( in a good way) with sensitivity and minor pain, and an increase in volume is noticeable.

(19-12-2019, 07:38 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I've been on finasteride 5mg per day for about 8 years for prostate, and I've never associated it with any negative mental effects. Together with PM it has certainly reduced things 'down below' in that time.
PM by itself has the effect of significantly reducing body hair, for me, but as I've said many times, my actual breast tissue growth ( not including fat volume) stopped after about 18 months or so on PM...... until literally a couple of weeks ago when suddenly they fired up again  and have been driving me nuts ( in a good way) with sensitivity and minor pain, and an increase in volume is noticeable.

Re: until literally a couple of weeks ago when suddenly they fired up again

Curious. Did you happen to switch which PM you were using?

(15-12-2019, 11:10 PM)Katie Wrote:  This may be of interest to some, I`v been on HRT (pharma) for 4 years now, and have been told by my gender doc that I`m to slowly come off Spiro and use Finasteride 5mg/day instead as well as my 6mg E.
but since I don`t have my presciption yet and have no desire for any T revisiting me, I`v started taking SP again!
Here`s the thing, the SP is working better than the Spiro or the Androcur that I also spent a year taking (I wanted a break from spiro), there`s significant Further shrinkage even after 4 years! and because i`m also taking PM as well as E now, there`s further breast growth after nearly a 3 year stall of just being on E and Blockers.
I`m down to just 50mg of spiro now, and only 2 SP capsules (swansons SP) and T is not making any sort of comeback, it`s getting less!
I have no explaination as to Why SP is working Waaaay better than pharma T blockers, but I think I`m going to stick with SP from now on, it`s cheaper and causes less long term issues, And I don`t have to be careful what I eat! Big Grin
I kinda wish I`d known this was going to be the case earlier instead of having to wait until i`d nearly run out of my self medding pharma whilst waiting for my official prescription to be sorted. Eitherway, at least I know I`m going to be OK now until surgery time (sometime next year).
Maybe I`ll get to be a C cup afterall!   Cool

Incidentally, I was reading up on the E1 and E2 receptors. For the same reason i have ordered a batch of PM, no harm in trying for extra growth.

well I don`t know if it`s related at all, but the second doc I saw for my psyche assesment said that male livers are designed to destroy estrogen because way back when we would kill animals to eat (raw!) there would naturaly be estrogen present in the female animals, so we evolved to destroy it quickly so it was safe to eat *yuck!*
but it got me thinking, maybe there no such defence against phyto estrogens like PM, it`s not like it grows all of the planet.

I don`t know enough about this sort of thing, or if what he told me is even true, but it might explain why PM can work as well as it does.

(19-12-2019, 01:24 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(19-12-2019, 07:38 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  I've been on finasteride 5mg per day for about 8 years for prostate, and I've never associated it with any negative mental effects. Together with PM it has certainly reduced things 'down below' in that time.

Re: until literally a couple of weeks ago when suddenly they fired up again

Curious. Did you happen to switch which PM you were using?

Nope, still on Puararia -UK

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon