Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Wild Yam

Hi folks-

I've been taking Wild Yam (diosgenine, a natural precursor of progesterone) for the last six months and have noticed my (small) breasts have become somewhat rounder.

Has anyone had similar experiences with the same substance?

(25-12-2019, 11:56 AM)transchubby Wrote:  Hi folks-

I've been taking Wild Yam (diosgenine, a natural precursor of progesterone) for the last six months and have noticed my (small) breasts have become somewhat rounder.

Diosgenin found in wild yam is the precursor for laboratory production of nature-identical progesterone. There is no known chemical route for the same conversion in the human body.

(26-12-2019, 04:04 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  

Diosgenin found in wild yam is the precursor for laboratory production of nature-identical progesterone. There is no known chemical route for the same conversion in the human body.

Thanks, my dear-

However, I know wild yam is often "prescribed" to women in menopause. Why, if it has no effect?

I got wild yam Creme, been using few months , nothing significant to report

(26-12-2019, 04:46 PM)transchubby Wrote:  

Thanks, my dear-

However, I know wild yam is often "prescribed" to women in menopause. Why, if it has no effect?

"prescribed" by whom? Not a properly qualified medical practitioner, I'll bet.
Just another internet myth imo.

(28-12-2019, 11:15 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(26-12-2019, 04:46 PM)transchubby Wrote:  

Thanks, my dear-

"prescribed" by whom? Not a properly qualified medical practitioner, I'll bet.
Just another internet myth imo.

Thanks for your response, my dear. When I used the word "prescribed" I truly meant "recommended".

I am asking because, since I've started taking Wild Yam, I've definitely noticed my sweat smells different, more feminine. While I'm quite willing to write this effect off to some sort of mental suggestion, I wonder if the substance can have feminizing effects on a genetic male.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon