Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Losing Weight? (to Help HRT)

TL;DR: Has losing weight helped your HRT progress?

I've been on hormones for over 18 months. I experienced some growth within the first 8 months, but then plateaued for the next year (my levels were checked every few months and were pretty good for much of that time).

Lotus told me to loss weight in order to jumpstart my progress. While I don't doubt her, I am curious if weight loss has helped other people. Maybe it will motivate more to lose weight if I know others have had success.

I should also say that I used tape for my chest in my profile pic. I'm barely a B-cup and I'm 6 feet with wide shoulders (and 40 lbs overweight) so it doesn't look very good without support.

I've been off and on for a few years (PM).  When I first started, I was around 295lbs (at 6'5)  I've lost considerable weight during that time.  Down in the 245-250 range.  My breasts are probably the same size as before, but on a leaner body, they do appear bigger.  And the shape is closer to a female breast than moobs.  So, I suspect weight loss just makes it easier to see your growth.  

The way I see it, take a skinny person and an over weight person.  Both have the same growth.  For visual sakes, let's say they've grown a marble size of breast tissue.  For the skinny guy, lay a piece of paper of that marble.  The marble is noticeable under the paper.  Now the fat guy, cover that marble with a bean bag (the kind you would use for corn hole) you can't tell just by looking that there's a marble there.  the bean bag probably looks exactly the same as if there wasn't a marble.

Lotus Knows All. 

But seriously, folks .... 
High Intensity Interval Training, and Intermittent Fasting boosts Growth Hormone. Look at all the girls who are gym rats. They have phenomenal feminine bods.

KETO!!!

Stop eating sugar and fast from 9pm to 12pm and you will watch the weight melt. 

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]How to do Intermittent Fasting for Serious Weight Loss 
[/color][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek][/url]

Watch his videos, you will never be the same.

Hear, hear.. you are correct.  Eliminate grains and sugars.  It works like a charm.  One's high-school figure is only a dietary change away.

But, but, but ..... The Food Pyramid ??!!!??

Rolleyes

(08-11-2019, 11:07 PM)Stevenator Wrote:  But, but, but ..... The Food Pyramid ??!!!??

Rolleyes

LOL

Thanks for the suggestions
I did lose some weight with low carb/keto and intermittent fasting, but it was hard to stick to and then I gained the weight back. I think it made my insomnia worse. Late at night is when I eat the most.

Eating late is my problem as well.
When I was fasting from 6pm to 9am the next day, the weight was coming off.
I`ve read that it takes 16 hours before your body starts using its fat storage for energy but I never made it to the 16 hour mark and was losing weight (not working out at the time either).
The thing is I think I have to have my mind consciously doing it, whether logging it in a book or using an app to keep track of my fasting.
You`ll never know if you`re doing it consistantly (at first) unless you keep track of it.
My biggest problem is I have a sweet tooth. Getting over that and keeping it under control is difficult for me.

Once you've taken the time to switch your body over to a fat-burning machine, you no longer get a "sweet tooth."

It takes time, also, to have your gut flora convert to a more health-promoting population profile.  Believe it or not, the trillions of little beasties living in your gut cause chemical signaling capable of influencing your dietary cravings.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon