Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM, finasteride & hair loss

(23-05-2019, 07:13 AM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  I seem to find that curtailing DHT lessens the coarser effects of maleness.  I.E. scalp hair loss, coarser skin, thick gut, body odor, hairy body, etc.

Now that's a pretty interesting list of effects you've described there.

Yeah, I'll think I'll just go with finasteride and dump PM for a while. Reishi mushroom and the other herbals seem interesting (I've researched quite a bit about them), but finasteride has massive exposure since so many people use it for hair loss, so even with the horror stories that go around, it seems a somewhat more controlled choice for something that may need to be taken for many years.

Many thanks for the help, everybody!

I also take reishi gandoderma mushroom and green tea capsules, both help overall health.

I also use a general shampoo that I have added 2 to 4 licorice (glycyrrhiza) capsules. Pour 8 oz to separate smaller bottle, open and add capsule contents and shake. I try to use a colored shampoo as it may discolor your white or clear shampoos. I do not have a hair measurement, but I can say that when I comb my wet hair, there are only 1 or 2 strands in my comb rather than a dozen or so. Licorice will help in reducing DHT, but it can also increase blood pressure, so I apply it topically. I would avoid using licorice shampoo on your body - hair does grow there too. Ha-ha, I learned.

I use a couple pueraria mirifica (PM) capsules in my liquid body wash/soap. Again, it requires a lot of shaking and turning bottle upside down between shower use.

Maybe you could try other combinations and the herbs are not that expensive.

(21-05-2019, 11:01 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  For many years, I've been limiting T to DHT conversion with daily topical progesterone, along with saw palmetto and stinging nettle.
I also curtail aromatization of T to estrogen with chrysin.

Could you share with us your dosages? I'm currently taking a very low dosage of finasteride (0.25mg) with no sides and I'm thinking (just thinking) of adding some other things to the mix, for effects beyond alopecia Smile .

This is the brand of Reishi that Lotus recommended to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Reishi-Mushroom-Extract-Powder-Beta-D-Glucan/dp/B07GXKZHQJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=eco+taste+red+reishi&qid=1560038835&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr0

(30-06-2019, 06:37 PM)Gowyz Wrote:  
(21-05-2019, 11:01 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  For many years, I've been limiting T to DHT conversion with daily topical progesterone, along with saw palmetto and stinging nettle.
I also curtail aromatization of T to estrogen with chrysin.

Could you share with us your dosages? I'm currently taking a very low dosage of finasteride (0.25mg) with no sides and I'm thinking (just thinking) of adding some other things to the mix, for effects beyond alopecia Smile .

I use the following two formulations.
https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-S...ed-Lignans
https://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-S...Sitosterol

Many thanks!

I made a PM, SP tincture that I've been working into my scalp.   I brew it through coffee filiers and presurve it with a little vodka.  I rub it all over me too.

Finasteride or better yet dutasteride are probably the most effective way of preventing male pattern baldness, other than surgical or pharmacological bilateral orchiectomy.

(21-08-2019, 02:02 PM)spanky Wrote:  Finasteride or better yet dutasteride are probably the most effective way of preventing male pattern baldness, other than surgical or pharmacological bilateral orchiectomy.

Natural remedies exist, which have been around for centuries:

https://herbpathy.com/Herbal-Treatment-f...ess-Cid212

At least one of these is bound to work.  I've found I want even fuller hair.  Working my way through this many herbs promises to be an engaging pastime.

(17-05-2019, 06:49 AM)Gowyz Wrote:  Hello there,

I made a PM liquid spray that I use several times daily on my head, neck and face.  My hair is coming back!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon