Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Jannet is a full time female.

Well .. This past week or so  has been a roller coaster of emotions for me...

After talking with HR and senior management over the past few weeks, it was time to pull out my thumb from my ass and make the final step. Leaving work last Thursday, I posted this on the company bulletin board.

Dear Colleagues,
I am writing this letter to tell you about a matter that is essentially something personal in my life,  but will result in some changes at work. Some of you may have noticed some changes in my appearance over the last several months.
Since I was 4 years old I have questioned my identity, but I kept those feelings hidden and did my best to make my life work within my male body; Alas, my discomfort only increased. Five years ago I started to seek therapy after suffering from suicidal thoughts.
I identify as transgender female and have started undergoing my transition process. I began hormone therapy three years ago. Outside of work I have been living as a female for some time. My family and friends call me Jannet ( or Jaye ) , and at some point I will be changing my legal name to Jannet and my sex designation from male to female.
The transition process includes psychotherapy, hormonal treatments and various surgeries. Accordingly, I have been working with my therapist and doctors, following the Canadian Standards of Care that set out treatment guidelines for transgender individuals.
I’m very pleased to be able to take this step toward personal wholeness while staying at a job I have found very rewarding. This change will not affect my ability to do my job. In fact, I may be less distracted when I no longer have two personas to juggle. Also, as I enjoy being myself more, you may find me more enjoyable to be around and work with.
Some of you may not understand the life changes I’m undertaking. I would be happy to answer your questions or direct you to additional information. Some of you may not approve of what I’m doing; that is your right. However, I expect that everyone will still treat me with basic human respect and dignity.
I ask that you call me by my prefered name Jannet and use female pronouns she, her, her’s when referring to me or about me. I know this will take a little time to get used to, and I do expect that people will make mistakes at first. All I ask is that you try to get it right.
Respectfully,
Jannet

This has caused some obvious changes at home, my wife and I are in all sense " seperated " although we are still living in the same house we are sleeping separately.

My work colleague's have been @ 97% supportive, management have been absolutely fantastic, the guys in my own department are very understanding ..

I have been told by some transgender friends that I put too much information in my letter, far more than they would have put. However, in work I have had guys come up to me who have in the past been in dark places and had suicide as an option. They do not understand what exactly i am going through, but they are supportive that it must be very important to me, if it stops me comitting suicide.
The amount of prople that have come over and hugged me brings tears to my eyes.

Now you have to keep in mind, i do NOT work in an office. I work as an industrial electrician in an automotive parts production plant. 

Outside of my marriage issues, being able to present 24/7 is one of the best feelings in the world. 

Just to add some context .. This is me in my normal working clothes ..

(19-04-2019, 07:21 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Just to add some context .. This is me in my normal working clothes ..

Hugs to you dear! A tough week that you knew was coming sooner or later. Stay strong.

(20-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(19-04-2019, 07:21 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Just to add some context .. This is me in my normal working clothes ..

Hugs to you dear! A tough week that you knew was coming sooner or later. Stay strong.

Ditto for me, Jannet!

Totally brilliant Janet
I thought the letter had depth and courage and was spot on
X
Hugs
X
Julie

Yea for you Jannet!
Ive watched you in various stages of depression for many years now and I am so happy to see such a wonderful uplifting confidant, and happy post.
I cant wait to hear the rest of your happy life.
You go girl!
Gros Bisous!!
Bobbi

Well ... It seems to have taken forever to reach this point,  but things are moving.

All my paperwork has now been sent Montreal, now we just wait for my phone call and a surgery date.

More than likely it will happen early next year.

Wow Janet, so happy you are moving forward in fulfilling your dream to be the real you!   ???

Your letter is a great one. Your gameplan is one I followed here.  We need to discover what makes us feel complete.For non binary folks it feels like creating our own path. All the best.

I applaud your letter, I my self turn wrenches for a living,and am sure that at some point I would need to leave that profession , I have seen other man even be ridiculed buy a woman held high esteam of so I doubt any would be supportive, but at age fifty I don't let myself worry about others as I did in the past , hope you and your family can work together through the change

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon