Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hrt

(19-04-2019, 06:55 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Oh wow .. Welcome to the club ..

(( Hugs ))

Thanks  Jannet! I'm gonna need some hugs!

(20-04-2019, 12:02 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  Well I had my visit with the clinician today, she told me all sorts of stuff I already knew, took my weight and blood pressure ,  drew a vial of blood. Results in next Tuesday or so and she will write my prescription then after reviewing the results.
She did verify that I will be on the estrogen patch due to my age, which is fine with me.  Her goal is testosterone between 10-20 ( last year it was 580)  , and estrogen around 200,( less than 5 last year- and this was while taking herbals) but no higher, at least initially. I'm aware this is the safer way to go, waiting for the bloodwork, but i was hoping to get my meds today. Oh well, ive waited this long, what's another few days?

Smile   As I understand from my GD, the reason they wait till after your blood panel results is to not only get a baseline on where you are at with hormones, but to make sure your kidneys , liver enzymes and general health can tolerate HRT.   Patches seem like a let down, but I'll tell you they did a great job for me. I just wished my new Medicare Complete would put them on a lower tier so I could afford them over pills.

Aria

(20-04-2019, 05:34 AM)Aria Wrote:  
(20-04-2019, 12:02 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  Well I had my visit with the clinician today, she told me all sorts of stuff I already knew, took my weight and blood pressure ,  drew a vial of blood. Results in next Tuesday or so and she will write my prescription then after reviewing the results.
She did verify that I will be on the estrogen patch due to my age, which is fine with me.  Her goal is testosterone between 10-20 ( last year it was 580)  , and estrogen around 200,( less than 5 last year- and this was while taking herbals) but no higher, at least initially. I'm aware this is the safer way to go, waiting for the bloodwork, but i was hoping to get my meds today. Oh well, ive waited this long, what's another few days?

Smile   As I understand from my GD, the reason they wait till after your blood panel results is to not only get a baseline on where you are at with hormones, but to make sure your kidneys , liver enzymes and general health can tolerate HRT.   Patches seem like a let down, but I'll tell you they did a great job for me. I just wished my new Medicare Complete would put them on a lower tier so I could afford them over pills.

Aria
Yea, I get the baseline stuff, and i even brought in a previous print out of my blood work from 8 months ago, which she looked at. I pretty much knew I was going to get patches due to my age, and less chance of clots as well,  and i see that pills are much cheaper. I'm more worried about the patches staying on when i shower or workout and sweat. I guess I shouldn't complain just yet, at least im doing what i should have been doing all along, only 40 years later than i should have started.

(20-04-2019, 03:00 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  

Aria
Yea, I get the baseline stuff, and i even brought in a previous print out of my blood work from 8 months ago, which she looked at. I pretty much knew I was going to get patches due to my age, and less chance of clots as well,  and i see that pills are much cheaper. I'm more worried about the patches staying on when i shower or workout and sweat. I guess I shouldn't complain just yet, at least im doing what i should have been doing all along, only 40 years later than i should have started.

Totally get it, about the patches.  I didn't have many problems with early failure.  I think the 2 years I was on them, I might of lost 4.  So, the odds are pretty good.  It really depends on the brand you or your insurance allows.

(20-04-2019, 03:06 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(20-04-2019, 03:00 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  

Aria

Totally get it, about the patches.  I didn't have many problems with early failure.  I think the 2 years I was on them, I might of lost 4.  So, the odds are pretty good.  It really depends on the brand you or your insurance allows.

Just to update, I'm still waiting on my prescription. The Dr wanted my health records from my prostate cancer surgery 7 years ago,  so I had to submit a release of records to the hospital I had my surgery at.
So in the meantime I put myself back on Reishi to start lowering my T, again. My Dysphoria has been crazy while I'm waiting to move forward.

Jessica, terribly sorry you've had so many hoops to jump through.   Insane and infuriating, right?

(28-05-2019, 05:02 AM)Aria Wrote:  Jessica, terribly sorry you've had so many hoops to jump through.   Insane 
I've waited over 40 years of my life to be at this point, so what's a few more weeks, right?

Shy

(29-05-2019, 06:15 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(28-05-2019, 05:02 AM)Aria Wrote:  Jessica, terribly sorry you've had so many hoops to jump through.   Insane 
I've waited over 40 years of my life to be at this point, so what's a few more weeks, right?

Let us know your results and the Rx you get.  You'll be fully on your way.

Cat

And so my journey begins!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon