Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hrt

So today I took a big step towards going on hrt  meds. I had my initial consult at Planned Parenthood. For those of you that don't know, Planned Parenthood does more than birth control and abortions; and they use the implied consent model, so I had my initial consult today, next Friday I go in and get bloodwork done. She stated as long as my past blood work has been good, I will probably get prescriptions next week and be on meds by next weekend.  If the clinician senses caution for some reason, they will wait until results from bloodwork come back before prescribing meds. I've been on the herbal route for a few years, with mixed results, and i was not happy having to eat a handful of pills each day. Plus, from what I've been able to discern, it will actually be cheaper monthly to be prescribed Estradiol and Spiro, than PM , WP and Reishi.
And I will be monitored by  Dr with regular visits every 3 months.
I'm on my way!,  not sure what the final destination will be, but I'm going. I'll 
Update next week after Dr visit.

im intrigued by this , best whishes

Keep us all well informed 
X
Julie

(13-04-2019, 05:29 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  So today I took a big step towards going on hrt  meds. I had my initial consult at Planned Parenthood. For those of you that don't know, Planned Parenthood does more than birth control and abortions; and they use the implied consent model, so I had my initial consult today, next Friday I go in and get bloodwork done. She stated as long as my past blood work has been good, I will probably get prescriptions next week and be on meds by next weekend.  If the clinician senses caution for some reason, they will wait until results from bloodwork come back before prescribing meds. I've been on the herbal route for a few years, with mixed results, and i was not happy having to eat a handful of pills each day. Plus, from what I've been able to discern, it will actually be cheaper monthly to be prescribed Estradiol and Spiro, than PM , WP and Reishi.
I'm on my way!,  not sure what the final destination will be, but I'm going. I'll 

Good job Jessica.  I am glad that when, if you took the real plunge that you would go supervised.  The problem with Herbs is 1.  There has been no real studies done on effectiveness nor safety.  2.  You are right, I am spending under $50 per month on HRT , but when I was on Herbals, it was costing me well over $125 per month.  

Aria

(13-04-2019, 06:20 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(13-04-2019, 05:29 AM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  So today I took a big step towards going on hrt  meds. I had my initial consult at Planned Parenthood. For those of you that don't know, Planned Parenthood does more than birth control and abortions; and they use the implied consent model, so I had my initial consult today, next Friday I go in and get bloodwork done. She stated as long as my past blood work has been good, I will probably get prescriptions next week and be on meds by next weekend.  If the clinician senses caution for some reason, they will wait until results from bloodwork come back before prescribing meds. I've been on the herbal route for a few years, with mixed results, and i was not happy having to eat a handful of pills each day. Plus, from what I've been able to discern, it will actually be cheaper monthly to be prescribed Estradiol and Spiro, than PM , WP and Reishi.

Good job Jessica.  I am glad that when, if you took the real plunge that you would go supervised.  The problem with Herbs is 1.  There has been no real studies done on effectiveness nor safety.  2.  You are right, I am spending under $50 per month on HRT , but when I was on Herbals, it was costing me well over $125 per month.  

Aria
And I'm sure taking 1 or 2 pills a day is much easier on the liver than 8-12 pills per day. I'm not sure if I'll get patch or pills, but just doing some quick pricing thru Goodrx shows my pricing would be even lower than what you are paying Aria. If you haven't done any comparison shopping, I invite you to look at their website ( not sure if they operate outside of the US). You would be surprised how low prices are.

(13-04-2019, 09:57 PM)Jessica4581000 Wrote:  
(13-04-2019, 06:20 PM)Aria Wrote:  

Aria
And I'm sure taking 1 or 2 pills a day is much easier on the liver than 8-12 pills per day. I'm not sure if I'll get patch or pills, but just doing some quick pricing thru Goodrx shows my pricing would be even lower than what you are paying Aria. If you haven't done any comparison shopping, I invite you to look at their website ( not sure if they operate outside of the US). You would be surprised how low prices are.

Thanks for the tip...   will check them out.

Congratulations!

(18-04-2019, 10:23 AM)BeautifulBambi Wrote:  
Congratulations!

Thsnks Bambi,
It's been an emotional week for me, when I think back that it has taken me over 40 years to get to this place in my life. I'm sure the waterworks will start if i get my meds tomorrow.

Oh wow .. Welcome to the club ..

(( Hugs ))

Well I had my visit with the clinician today, she told me all sorts of stuff I already knew, took my weight and blood pressure ,  drew a vial of blood. Results in next Tuesday or so and she will write my prescription then after reviewing the results.
She did verify that I will be on the estrogen patch due to my age, which is fine with me.  Her goal is testosterone between 10-20 ( last year it was 580)  , and estrogen around 200,( less than 5 last year- and this was while taking herbals) but no higher, at least initially. I'm aware this is the safer way to go, waiting for the bloodwork, but i was hoping to get my meds today. Oh well, ive waited this long, what's another few days?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon