Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

38A => 36DD still can't get my head around this

First question: why do non padded underwired bras cost 4x more than padded underwired bras? And why are they so hard to find in cheap-ish stores?

Anyway, after growing a bit of a chest I fell in love with non padded underwired bras. They lift a bit, enhance the crease under my boobs and collect my flesh instead of filling a pre-moulded cup. They give me a bit of affirmation on the fact that "I have boobs".
So last week I went to Primark (cheap-ish clothing chain in UK and Europe) and bought all they had that was unpadded and underwired. The options were limited: one style. And just in the DD-F range. I measured myself as a 38A (small 39 band, 43 overbust) so I bought a 36DD knowing that the cups would stretch a bit following the band. I though it would be the equivalent of a 38C/D and that I would just have a lot of space left. I like the thin satiny fabric anyway so, why not. (Cheapest option: £5). Then I came across some non padded non underwired 38A bras. Since it's a hard-to-find size I just bought a pack of 3 (£6). 

My findings: the 38A fit like a glove. Even if they are not underwired they hug my chest properly. No extra fabric and, for the first time, I have cleavage while wearing a bra in my correct size. (Exciting and scary).
The surprise came with the 36DD. My left breast, which is a bit larger than the right, fills the cup decently. There is no "drop shape" but there also is no unstretched fabric. I can tell the difference with my left boob where there is somr fabric left and it creates a crease on the bra.

Still... How can a 36DD fit me is a complete mystery.

Next week I'll go back to find a 38B and see if/how it fits and how much room I have left in the cups. Seeing the cleavage, my cleavage, in the 38A makes me want more even if I know that it's a bad idea for my social life.

(26-03-2019, 02:04 PM)Shirazmn Wrote:  First question: why do non padded underwired bras cost 4x more than padded underwired bras? And why are they so hard to find in cheap-ish stores?

Anyway, after growing a bit of a chest I fell in love with non padded underwired bras. They lift a bit, enhance the crease under my boobs and collect my flesh instead of filling a pre-moulded cup. They give me a bit of affirmation on the fact that "I have boobs".
So last week I went to Primark (cheap-ish clothing chain in UK and Europe) and bought all they had that was unpadded and underwired. The options were limited: one style. And just in the DD-F range. I measured myself as a 38A (small 39 band, 43 overbust) so I bought a 36DD knowing that the cups would stretch a bit following the band. I though it would be the equivalent of a 38C/D and that I would just have a lot of space left. I like the thin satiny fabric anyway so, why not. (Cheapest option: £5). Then I came across some non padded non underwired 38A bras. Since it's a hard-to-find size I just bought a pack of 3 (£6). 

My findings: the 38A fit like a glove. Even if they are not underwired they hug my chest properly. No extra fabric and, for the first time, I have cleavage while wearing a bra in my correct size. (Exciting and scary).
The surprise came with the 36DD. My left breast, which is a bit larger than the right, fills the cup decently. There is no "drop shape" but there also is no unstretched fabric. I can tell the difference with my left boob where there is somr fabric left and it creates a crease on the bra.

Still... How can a 36DD fit me is a complete mystery.

Next week I'll go back to find a 38B and see if/how it fits and how much room I have left in the cups. Seeing the cleavage, my cleavage, in the 38A makes me want more even if I know that it's a bad idea for my social life.
I find the same thing here too.  I am 38" at band line, and 48.5 at bust.  YET, in some brands a 38 D looks good, and in same brand and model, a 38 C is sloppy on one breast.  There just is NO standards in women's bra's at least! Angry   It's nuts to have to try on like 9 different sizes of bra's of same style, brand ect to find 2 or 3 that fit well.

I stopped doing my own bras a long time ago.

I go to a womens wear shop and get professionally fitted.   I see the same young lady every time, and she is just a peach.  She knows about who I am and has no issues at all.   We go to the back and she does her thing.   I haven't had to have them custom yet, but i might someday.

(31-03-2019, 07:53 AM)Demon Lord Etna Wrote:  I stopped doing my own bras a long time ago.

I go to a womens wear shop and get professionally fitted.   I see the same young lady every time, and she is just a peach.  She knows about who I am and has no issues at all.   We go to the back and she does her thing.   I haven't had to have them custom yet, but i might someday.

I do the same, ilife in the netherlands and one of the firms is Hunkemuller, get a professinal fitting.
My sizes are  42 B.

A professional fitting seems fun but it's not an option for me.

The main reason is that I usually am with my wife and kid while shopping, and telling her that I am going for a bra fitting may push her perception of my fetish a bit too far.

The second reason is that if it turns out that "I know I have boobs" as opposed to "I am chubby" some questions may come up that I don't want to answer.

The third reason is that any shop that may give you/me a fitting usually will have very high prices compared to what I usually spend fir a Bra (usually $4, even if I once splurged a whole $8 on a bra), so I would feel guilty both by spending too much on a fetish or not spending anything and wasting the sales associate's time.

Last but not least, many people say that bra sizing varies even within the same brand, so...

I think I'll jeep trying for now.

P.s. after my last post I went to buy a pack of 38B in the same style of the 38A, I can definitely see the difference in loose fabric, so I am quite sure that the 38A is indeed the right fit for that sort of bra. I also got a pack of 38A balconette bras (underwired, slightly padded) and the cup is too small. I guess that I have to aim for s aller bands with a larger cup when buying padded/molded cup bras, so the cup will stretch around me and allow for my smaller but wider breasts.

Let's see if I can squish these concerns one at a time. 

4) sizing variation - this is absolutely true.   It does, but not by much.  I very rarely find myself off by more than 1 band or cup size.   However,  a professional during isn't just about the band or cup.   They will also help you adjust any adjustable straps to gain maximum support and comfort.   It's these adjustments that can make a 38C look like a 36D.

3) cost - I used to be scared of this one, too, until I realized that 1 bra that fits perfectly lasts longer than 10 that don't quite for correctly.

2) chubby -- I can't say much about this one.   In fact, it wasn't until I went on a strict diet and exercise routine and lost almost 100lbs over 4 months that my feminine form started to be really noticeable.  Once I realized I couldn't hide then anymore, I stopped trying.   The world will just have to accept me this way.

1) shopping with family -- other than try shopping not with family, the IRS nothing that really can said about this one.   That's totally up to you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon