Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hrt

I never really grasped how different herbal and pharma are until now.
I'm taking 50 mg of Spiro a day  and one shot of velarate 20 mg a week . The Dr wants me to start low  to monitor side effects and such . But I don't feel the same way I did taking 1500 mg of pm a day .  
I don't feel as good ( emotionally ) as I did before , more depressed , more bitchy, Im questioning my choices . 
Is this normal ? How long does this last ?
I know I'm only on week 2  but  my body seems to be craving more E.  I go to see doctor next wendsday  hopefully to get more answers then .
Sorry just need someone else's opinion for mental health reasons

My guess is the Spiro not the e
X

Julie

Happy, how long have you been on Pharma now?

Well it will be week 3  for estrogen next week. Doctor put me on just  Spiro about a week before that.
I think some of the issue is I went cold turkey for a month with no pm  so I was starting with a clean slate.
And I also think I'm used to pm kicking in quickly after a break.
When I see the doctor on Wednesday I'm going to ask about the issues and I will gladly pass on the information here.
I'm curious to see if what I'm feeling is normal , I know it's early in the process but i want to feel as good as I did before, not what I felt like before I ever started .

(22-02-2019, 01:08 PM)happyfeet Wrote:  Well it will be week 3  for estrogen next week. Doctor put me on just  Spiro about a week before that.
I think some of the issue is I went cold turkey for a month with no pm  so I was starting with a clean slate.
And I also think I'm used to pm kicking in quickly after a break.
When I see the doctor on Wednesday I'm going to ask about the issues and I will gladly pass on the information here.
I'm curious to see if what I'm feeling is normal , I know it's early in the process but i want to feel as good as I did before, not what I felt like before I ever started .

With me, I did the same as far as going cold off of PM.  Only I did for 2 weeks.  I was immediately put on Spiro and E patches.  I started with 100mg spiro, and one .1mg patch.  I didn't feel "normal" again till I got up to 2 patches and was dropped to 50mg spiro due to high potassium levels.

I believe that one of the noted side effects of spironolactone (aldactone) is depression.  

There is so much debate about anti-androgens -- which is best and which is worst, whether any is needed at all -- that it is hard to unravel.  I recognize that I am a little bit reckless, but I started 25 mg per day calutide (also known as bicalutamide and casodex) about a month ago with no adverse side effects.  It affects testosterone receptors (essentially blocking some of T's effects) but does not reduce free T.  Thus, interpreting blood work may be very difficult.  

I like that it does not seem to result in any risk of bone loss and may not zero out erections or libido.  The problem with it is that doctors in the US will not prescribe it for HRT purposes.  I travel a lot and it is easy to purchase over the counter in many countries that do not have effective regulatory systems.  Overall, I am quite happy with my own response to it.

My wife and I where discussing hrt and she asked would me taking premarin  birth control pills with an antiandrogen be the same or have the same effect.
So I throw it to the only place with  people smart enough to know .
Would or would it not be, and why

(24-02-2019, 03:03 PM)happyfeet Wrote:  My wife and I where discussing hrt and she asked would me taking premarin  birth control pills with an antiandrogen be the same or have the same effect.
So I throw it to the only place with  people smart enough to know .
Would or would it not be, and why

Premerin carrys a high risk of blood clots, not worth even thinking about.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon