Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM after surgery (tissue necrosis)?

I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in November and had surgery to remove my infected sigmoid colon on Dec. 14th, and spent 5 days recovering in hospital afterwards. It's now almost 3 weeks and everything's fine, and am keen to start PM soon. However, in September I did a little one week trial of PM, applying some cream daily, then went to the doc for a blood test. He was concerned about the results for a test called SE-C Reactive Protein (CRP) and saw that the number was much higher than previous tests, 150 H mg/L, reference <5.
I told him I was on some breast cream, and agreed to stop for a week, then when I went back it was down to 45 H. In the first test, the notes said "Very high levels of CRP are generally indicative of an acute bacterial infection _or extensive tissue necrosis_. (Clinical correlation is recommended)
I've been advised by the hospital not to lift anything more than 2kgs as this would likely tear my stitches, so I'm wondering if taking PM might cause an infection of my colon and cause any problems? Apparently, PM causes old tissue to die before boobs start forming, right?

Auzi

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I would really appreciate anyone's input! Lotus, may I call on your extensive knowledge? Or maybe Tanya Marie Squirrel? (The 2 members with the most knowledge on here that I know of!) Usually after 24 hours of posting, _someone_ has some advice!! Hoping to hear back soon,

Auzi

(P.S - Please accept my sincere apologies if I come across as impatient, who knows, you're probably doing research right now!
I keep forgetting I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, compared to almost everyone else in USA/UK/etc.  Blush )

(03-01-2019, 01:26 AM)auzifreek9 Wrote:  I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in November and had surgery to remove my infected sigmoid colon on Dec. 14th, and spent 5 days recovering in hospital afterwards. It's now almost 3 weeks and everything's fine, and am keen to start PM soon. However, in September I did a little one week trial of PM, applying some cream daily, then went to the doc for a blood test. He was concerned about the results for a test called SE-C Reactive Protein (CRP) and saw that the number was much higher than previous tests, 150 H mg/L, reference <5.
I told him I was on some breast cream, and agreed to stop for a week, then when I went back it was down to 45 H. In the first test, the notes said "Very high levels of CRP are generally indicative of an acute bacterial infection _or extensive tissue necrosis_. (Clinical correlation is recommended)
I've been advised by the hospital not to lift anything more than 2kgs as this would likely tear my stitches, so I'm wondering if taking PM might cause an infection of my colon and cause any problems? Apparently, PM causes old tissue to die before boobs start forming, right?

Auzi

Auzi, to my knowledge, PM does not kill off old cells or areas of tissue.  Like most forms of estrogenics, it promotes development of breast tissue and influences fat migration in a more feminine way.  It is true that some forms of cancers can be Estrogen Positive, but I have never heard of cells being killed off.

I am no doctor, but it seems to me that maybe the higher CRP was due to a few cells left behind after surgery that died before, during or after?

(04-01-2019, 01:08 AM)Aria said: Wrote:  Auzi, to my knowledge, PM does not kill off old cells or areas of tissue.  Like most forms of estrogenics, it promotes development of breast tissue and influences fat migration in a more feminine way.  It is true that some forms of cancers can be Estrogen Positive, but I have never heard of cells being killed off.

I am no doctor, but it seems to me that maybe the higher CRP was due to a few cells left behind after surgery that died before, during or after?

Hi Aria, thank you for your insight!  Smile
The high CRP count was actually in September, way before (about 60 days) my surgery in December. I didn't have any any more blood work done after that to re-check the CRP, so I guess it should've gone down...?

So your theory essentially is that, as I already have breast tissue and fat, no cells or tissue should be killed, only promoted/grown by the PM? That would make sense to me.

Thanks Aria, hope your keeping well and happy with your results!

Auzi

(04-01-2019, 01:08 AM)Aria Wrote:  
(03-01-2019, 01:26 AM)auzifreek9 Wrote:  I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in November and had surgery to remove my infected sigmoid colon on Dec. 14th, and spent 5 days recovering in hospital afterwards. It's now almost 3 weeks and everything's fine, and am keen to start PM soon. However, in September I did a little one week trial of PM, applying some cream daily, then went to the doc for a blood test. He was concerned about the results for a test called SE-C Reactive Protein (CRP) and saw that the number was much higher than previous tests, 150 H mg/L, reference <5.

Auzi

Auzi, to my knowledge, PM does not kill off old cells or areas of tissue.  Like most forms of estrogenics, it promotes development of breast tissue and influences fat migration in a more feminine way.  It is true that some forms of cancers can be Estrogen Positive, but I have never heard of cells being killed off.

What Aria Said.

(04-01-2019, 01:56 AM)auzifreek9 Wrote:  
(04-01-2019, 01:08 AM)Aria said: Wrote:  Auzi, to my knowledge, PM does not kill off old cells or areas of tissue.  Like most forms of estrogenics, it promotes development of breast tissue and influences fat migration in a more feminine way.  It is true that some forms of cancers can be Estrogen Positive, but I have never heard of cells being killed off.

Hi Aria, thank you for your insight!  Smile
The high CRP count was actually in September, way before (about 60 days) my surgery in December. I didn't have any any more blood work done after that to re-check the CRP, so I guess it should've gone down...?

So your theory essentially is that, as I already have breast tissue and fat, no cells or tissue should be killed, only promoted/grown by the PM? That would make sense to me.

Thanks Aria, hope your keeping well and happy with your results!

Auzi

Thanks Auzi!   I don't wanna be Dolly Parton, but certainly not Twiggy either!   Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon