Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Combination advice

Hi there - I'm new to this (the forum that is). I'm a cis male in my 40s and after decades of back and forth, I've finally made a full, conscious and informed decision about who and how I want to be. I have a partner of 16 years and she's known about my trans self for two of those years. I'm in therapy (three times a week) and we're in couple therapy too . . . There are ups and there are downs and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

So, last week my decision was this - and it is a very specific and limited one: to take herbal supplements in order to achieve a more 'feminised' body which I can feel more comfortable in. Breast growth is obviously something I want to see but I would also like to have a wider fat redistribution to my hips and thighs. 

What I really want to know is how my chosen combination of herbs will (or will not) interact and combine. I've read Lotus's excellent notes and this is what I've come up with:

Smile PM (300mg in morning, 200 mg in afternoon - five pills in total)
Wink Saw palmetto (600mg once a day - two pills)
Shy Maca root (5000mg once a day - two pills)
Tongue Dandelion root (2000mg once a day - two pills)
Rolleyes Fenugreek (500mg once a day - one pill)

What do you think? Any thoughts as to whether the PM, SP and maca will be pulling me in different directions??? I think the dandelion root and fenugreek are probably good to have on board but would be happy to take any advice . . .

My two watchwords are 'integration' and 'authenticity' and I'm trying to stay true to them. Here goes!
xx

Hi again - so two months in, this is what I'm taking:

PM: 1000mg three times a day (four capsules x3)
White Peony: darn it just run out, so on Saw Palmetto while I wait for supplies. 1000mg three times a day (two capsules x3)
Maca Root: 5000mg three times a day (two capsules x3)
Dandelion Root: 2000mg once a day  (two capsules)
Fenugreek: 400mg once a day (one capsule)

I did this a couple of years back for around 3-4 months (with SP not WP) and noticed visible changes but I can't be certain at the moment. There could be greater fatty tissue in my breast area and similar around bum but I haven't really been measuring and obvs could just be wishful thinking . . . Any thoughts? 

There are ups and there are downs and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Hi

take it slow and easy in both terms of

you and your wife, ie let her adjust to "gentle" changes , mental and physical, she will hopefully then
grow with you, not against you

3000mg pm, too much, you can easily do harm

x

start 1500m taper up to 2000mg, then 2500mg if you have too

x

rest of the stuff, dont bother give your liver a break

Julie

That’s a decent program. Dandelion is good 
for your breaks to cleanse your liver. You 
want to get to at least 2000mg of PM. Slowly 
ramp up if you want, but 2000-3000 is the 
usual target dose. I did well on 2500. Good Luck

(13-12-2018, 06:00 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Hi

take it slow and easy in both terms of

you and your wife, ie let her adjust to "gentle" changes , mental and physical, she will hopefully then
grow with you, not against you

3000mg pm, too much, you can easily do harm

x

start 1500m taper up to 2000mg, then 2500mg if you have too

x

rest of the stuff, dont bother give your liver a break

Julie

Thanks Julie - yes, I'm sure like everyone else I've been through those manic periods . . . and now know that taking it slow and easy is the most important thing for me, her and everyone else! Making the me-her-us triangle work is a tough old thing but I hope that at the moment I've got a good balance . . .
On the 'easily do harm' question: what sort of harm are we talking about? Bloods, heart and liver or the C-word?
love to all
xx

Liver and Joints
x

Julie

(17-12-2018, 04:06 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Liver and Joints
x

Julie

that`s why I was safe, I don`t eat red meat or smoke! Big Grin

(17-12-2018, 04:06 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Liver and Joints
x

Julie