Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

To use T and WP or not?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if this makes sense. I have been prescribed a testosterone cream for my low T. I'm currently using 1500 mg of PM daily, and what I have noticed is that after I use the cream I feel a warmth in my breasts, and this is more noticeable when I take WP before. 

So here is my question, does it make sense to carry on with the T and WP, or just drop the T?

(18-09-2018, 08:24 PM)witol Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if this makes sense. I have been prescribed a testosterone cream for my low T. I'm currently using 1500 mg of PM daily, and what I have noticed is that after I use the cream I feel a warmth in my breasts, and this is more noticeable when I take WP before. 

So here is my question, does it make sense to carry on with the T and WP, or just drop the T?

Hi All,

I'm just bouncing this to see if anyone has any thoughts about this. I have recently restarted this approach; testosterone cream followed immediately by White Peony and now Red Reishi in the morning, and then a single PM in the afternoon.

Thought of this PubMed article as it might prompt some things to consider

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693613/

An androgen antagonist (anti-androgen) can broadly be defined as any compound that has the biological effect of blocking or suppressing the action of male sex hormones such as testosterone within the human body

Plant-Derived Anti-Androgen Therapies

...the effects of paeoniflorin, a compound found in white peony that inhibited the production of testosterone and promoted the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen

(02-05-2019, 04:01 AM)Thanks Wrote:  That was interesting, it does speak to my question; should I continue down this path of converting testosterone using WP and RR and/or not use the testosterone cream and just use PM?

(05-05-2019, 11:40 AM)witol Wrote:  
(02-05-2019, 04:01 AM)Thanks Wrote:  That was interesting, it does speak to my question; should I continue down this path of converting testosterone using WP and RR and/or not use the testosterone cream and just use PM?

According to the publication above, both WP and RR inhibit testosterone, so taking them while using a testosterone promoter seems like adding weights to both sides of a seesaw (likely counterproductive). 

Also, I wouldn't count too much on a WP supplement somehow converting all the testosterone (if entertaining that thought as a possibility).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon