Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New user - quick question about PM extract

Hi. I'll write up an introduction soon but I just wanted to try to get clarification on this, so I don't run into trouble with dosage. The supplement I'm taking lists the following ingredients:

Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B12 ... 2mg 
(methylcobalamin)
Folic Acid ... 2mg
Pueraria mirifica extract 100:1 ... 400mg
Vitex berry, O ... 300mg
Beta-Sitosterol ... 200mg
Red Clover flower, O ... 200mg 
Lemon Balm herb, O ... 100mg
Black Pepper extract 50:1 ... 10mg

Minimum Constituent Bio Marker Per Dose
Puerarin .25 mg

I'm not sure if the "extract 100:1" distinction for the PM is of any concern to me. Am I taking 400mg when I pop 2 capsules or do I have to do some sort of conversion?
Thanks very much!

That 100:1 for 400mg looks weird. It means that it's like taking 40 grams (40.000 mg) per cap. There must be a mistake, otherwise they are b*lls*itting.

(16-09-2018, 11:26 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  That 100:1 for 400mg looks weird. It means that it's like taking 40 grams (40.000 mg) per cap. There must be a mistake, otherwise they are b*lls*itting.

Thanks. Even if it was supposed to be 10:1, that would mean 4000 equivalent for 2 caps? That would be a lot. I’d only want to take half a capsule!  I’m ballfed/worried. 

The product is “Estro-Px” and is for support of female menopause symptoms. The capsules are “normal” size. As I’ve come to understand it, the “extract” means that the ingredients are more concentrated, so I guess 4000 equivalent is possible. (Assuming it’s supposed to be 10:1)

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated. My GF doesn’t know and I can’t start busting out. I was just hoping for a tiny bit of growth on my thin frame.

Ok, here’s what I think they did:

There are a lot of ingredients in the 2 capsule dose, so they extracted the PM at 100:1, which allowed it to “fit”. Maybe they’re allowed to list the quantity as the equivalent, rather than actual amount, meaning that there’s a 400mg equivalent dose per two caps. That would make more sense than a 40,000mg equivalent. No idea how effective it will be in this configuration.

Edit: 500mg of powder is about a teaspoon worth. This extract must be 4mg because the other ingredients add up to more than 500 and the two capsules are similar in size to the SP and FG caps I’d been taking. 400 more milligrams simply wouldn’t fit. Agreed?

That makes sense. 
Good luck with your growth.

Keep us posted!

(16-09-2018, 10:40 PM)Shirazmn Wrote:  That makes sense. 
Good luck with your growth.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!
Stay tuned for my tell-all introduction thread.

Well, I don't know what's in this stuff but it's affecting my sleep. I'm having weird dreams all night and waking up exhausted...every night since I started taking it.

Also, I spoke with the manufacturer of the pills I'm taking. It does take 100 parts of the raw material to make 1 part of what's in these capsules, so it truly is 100:1 but that doesn't mean that *all* of the components in the plant is present in the extract. So, it's basically a crapshoot to me. It worries me a bit because I could be getting a lot of something that is very estrogenic....or not.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon