Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

my Scary Detox!

Before I go any further, I Must tell you that doing this can make you VERY VERY SICK! and unless you`re 100% "in tune" with your body and mind or have medical supervision, Don`t do it!

I decided that ontop of my regular skin care routine, and my hair growth gloop, that it might be a good idea to do a general Detox as well, afterall your skin has 2 sides right!? so I though it would be good to focus my attention to the Inside and give it a helping hand that way too.

Everything I`v read for the last month or so, other than the need for Colagen has insisted upon Anti-Oxidants.
now being a pill popper anyway because of my HRT, adding a few more isn`t going to be an issue, so I set about learning about different Anti-oxidants and also they interact and support each other, and came up with a shopping list! Big Grin

1000mg Vit C
a vit A,C and E combo with Selenium
Biotin
Milk thistle extract
Vitamin E oil (for my face)
500mg Glutathione
200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid
Vitamin C powder (for adding to face cream)
500mg Rutin

along with my regular daily vitamins and minerals that I take daily with my HRT, stuff like vit D, Magnesium, calcium and vit B combo.

now at face value looking at that, it seems fairly innocent other than being a big list, and has all the right combo of anti-oxidants to do a really good job and in complete synergy with each other.
well it`s not all That "innocent" in reality, the problem as such is that it works Too well!

and though I didn`t really notice much the first day, from day 2 to day 5 was like a living nightmare! I was having something similar to a Herxheimer reaction as 36years of smoking, 30 years of daily drinkng, 40+ years of using leaded solder, 5 years of silver purification often involving Mercury and Cadmium, as well as everyday life toxin accumulation was suddenly released and mobilised into my system again, was my free toxins than I was incapable of getting rid of quickly enough and it made me very very sick indeed! Sad

but the worst part was the mental / neurological effects, Strong depression and anxiety, borderline panic attacks, constant suicide thoughts, total exhaustion, a feeling of unreality to everything, seriously bad tinitus that made me want to escape out my own head, paranoia, metalic taste in my mouth etc... and the list goes on, it was perfectly dreadful! Sad

today (day 6) is the first day I`v actually started feeling "Normal" again, I`m not complete "with it" as such, but I can concentrate a bit better although I still feel so tired and weary, it`s getting a bit better and the annoying tinitus ringing in my ears isn`t quite a loud (though it`s still constant), so hopefully I`m past the worst of it now, and should improve to state beter than I was before i started the detox.

I`v done quite a bit of research and i`m far from the only one this has happened to, I`m fairly confident that it`s the Glutathione that`s responsible for most of this, as it the Master antioxidant that all the others are there to support. I`v also read (and it kinda makes sense) that the worse your reaction to it, the more you needed it, I can assure you that knowledge won`t provide much solace when you`re going through it! it will take a Lot of will power and control over your thinking because you will be experiencing Madness.
interestingly though, my GD didn`t kick in and it wasn`t used against me in anyway, I felt sure it would, but nope, not a thing! Cool

Now I`m sure this won`t happen to Everyone! but it would be quite naughty of me Not to mention what Can happen, at least to someone like me that`s never detoxed in their life and almost spent a lifetime of not caring if stuff was bad for them or not.

hopefully give it another week or so and I can start enjoying the benefits of having a cleaner system! Big Grin

it`s been a week now and I feel Great!
tons more energy, I don`t feel cold anymore, and I`v got much less brain fog than I had before I started (and I didn`t think I had any).
I`v even been out Roller Skating today! Big Grin

it was a hell of a rough ride, and i still have a slight ringing in my ears, but I`m defo on the way up again. xx

Wow. Katie. Glad to hear you are feeling better. What brought about the detox and why such an intense one ?

well it all really started by doing research into skin care and anti-aging, so I kept notes of the general themes together with the anti oxidants used and their support vits and minerals.
long story short, I thought I`d give it a try myself, but use ALL of the stuff I`d learned about in one go, so bought about 30 days worth of each and decided to take them to see what would happen.

the rest as they say, is history! Big Grin

(11-06-2018, 04:33 PM)Katie Wrote:  well it all really started by doing research into skin care and anti-aging, so I kept notes of the general themes together with the anti oxidants used and their support vits and minerals.
long story short, I thought I`d give it a try myself, but use ALL of the stuff I`d learned about in one go, so bought about 30 days worth of each and decided to take them to see what would happen.

the rest as they say, is history!  Big Grin

Hi Katie

Been away for a while doing some heavy research on the subject of health and why so many people nowadays don't seem to have much.  Way too involved to go into here and I suppose rather off topic too.  But a big part of my investigations have been to do with toxicity and what can be done about it.  

Vitamin C is without doubt a very important vitamin and most of us need more that we are getting.  The problem is that what we are mostly offered as Vitamin C... isn't.  It is Ascorbic Acid.  Which long story short, isn't vitamin C.  It is one component of vitamin C, which is how they can get away with calling it that.  But Vitamin C it ain't!  Problem is that Ascorbic Acid is a very potent anti-bacterial (good stuff as well as bad) and has been linked to cell damage, thickening of the arteries, and proliferation of genotoxins (these are not a good things).   Higher doses cause diarrhea, this is because of sudden die-off of your stomach flora and that the body recognises it as a toxin and is trying to get rid of it.  

Naturally occurring Vit C however is amazing stuff and because it is natural and the body actually wants it, it is almost impossible to overdose on it.

You seem to be on the ball with supplements, may I suggest looking into Vitamin K2?  If I was to list what it can do you probably think I was making it up.  But there is a large and growing body of evidence that shows we should all be on the stuff.  It would be difficult to over state this.

If anyone is serious about wanting to detox, the most effective is the coffee enema.  I have researched this extensively and no other cleanse comes close, especially for taking care of the liver.  Which when playing with our hormones is a biggie.           

If anyone would like to know more, please PM me and I will do my best to answer any questions.

In an earlier thread I mentioned k2 
Blood Clotting, brain benefits, bone strength bonding , it’s a super supplement 
Julie

(25-07-2018, 08:12 PM)julieTG Wrote:  In an earlier thread I mentioned k2 
Blood Clotting, brain benefits, bone strength bonding , it’s a super supplement 
Julie

Great!  Good to hear I am not a lone voice.  

The more I find out about it the more amazed I am.  The fact that it can reduce insulin levels by 35-50%, sort out osteoporosis and even help with cancer.  And with full supporting clinical studies to back it up too.  Hard to understand that doctors are not telling us all about it.

I eat most of the foods that contain K2, and love foods that have the k1, but I have to be careful because of the blood clotting thing too!

n-Acetyl Cysteine is something I find intruiging too, it seems bloody powerful but also dangerous if not used properly, it`s potential properties are Amazing!
I kinda came across it in my research into Glutathione and alpha Lipoic acid, I`m thinking Low dose over a long period would probably be best, and avoid Alcohol (I don`t drink anyway). apprently it can protect the liver perfectly if taken Before booze, but if you take it After it can cause real damage!??? Strange stuff! LOL

(26-07-2018, 06:55 AM)Katie Wrote:  I eat most of the foods that contain K2, and love foods that have the k1, but I have to be careful because of the blood clotting thing too!

n-Acetyl Cysteine is something I find intruiging too, it seems bloody powerful but also dangerous if not used properly, it`s potential properties are Amazing!
I kinda came across it in my research into Glutathione and alpha Lipoic acid, I`m thinking Low dose over a long period would probably be best, and avoid Alcohol (I don`t drink anyway). apprently it can protect the liver perfectly if taken Before booze, but if you take it After it can cause real damage!??? Strange stuff! LOL

As you say, n-Acetyl Cysteine is very interesting.  It's the side effects that make me a little nervous.  But I do think it can be a very useful tool to have in the tool kit.  As with all these things, once we go off-piste and start taking responsibility for our own health we also have to take the responsibility to properly understand what we are doing.  

All good stuff though, huh?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon