Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Muscle Dysphoria and weights???

Just to add my two penneth.  Back in my yooof I used to do weight training and the basic principle of light weights (or no weights) more reps for lean muscle, heavy weights and few reps for bulk. 

A suggestion? Pilates has been shown to get very good results for helping with the feminine shape.  Done properly it can do wonders for muscle tone and flexibility and you can get out of puff doing it too.  A side bonus is that it just feels like a more feminine way to move and excersise, and more outfits to try out too [Image: wink.gif]    

Testosterone poisoned bodies (maaan that stuff is bad for you![Image: dodgy.gif]) not only makes muscles larger, they are stiffer too.  Being able to stretch and get the muscles more supple helps amazingly with gaining more feminine and fluid movements naturally.

just stop taking estrogen and your strength will come back. Simple

(27-02-2018, 03:15 PM)Fighter365 Wrote:  just stop taking estrogen and your strength will come back. Simple

where did I ever mention I wanted my strength back???

have you actualy READ what I posted at all?

Typical male, doesn`t read instructions, and always thinks he knows more than he really does. *Sigh*

i said that i would like to work on my Figure Without gaining muscle. do please read what`s ACTUALLY being said, there`s a good chap Wink

(27-02-2018, 12:40 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Just to add my two penneth.  Back in my yooof I used to do weight training and the basic principle of light weights (or no weights) more reps for lean muscle, heavy weights and few reps for bulk. 

A suggestion? Pilates has been shown to get very good results for helping with the feminine shape.  Done properly it can do wonders for muscle tone and flexibility and you can get out of puff doing it too.  A side bonus is that it just feels like a more feminine way to move and excersise, and more outfits to try out too [Image: wink.gif]    

Testosterone poisoned bodies (maaan that stuff is bad for you![Image: dodgy.gif]) not only makes muscles larger, they are stiffer too.  Being able to stretch and get the muscles more supple helps amazingly with gaining more feminine and fluid movements naturally.

Thanks! i`v just looked at a few Pilates videos and they seem quite doable, from beginner levels (me) to advanced stuff (me if I survive the other stuff), I think I`m probably going to go this route and skip weights for now, I also like the idea of Zumba as well, it`ll looks like loads of fun! Smile
I already do quite a bit of stretching anyway, but with a lot of muscle loss I have to kinda careful because i disslocate joints very very easily now, even turning over in Bed! LOL
I think this is probably ideal for me. xx

(27-02-2018, 07:18 PM)Katie Wrote:  
(27-02-2018, 12:40 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Just to add my two penneth.  Back in my yooof I used to do weight training and the basic principle of light weights (or no weights) more reps for lean muscle, heavy weights and few reps for bulk. 

Thanks! i`v just looked at a few Pilates videos and they seem quite doable, from beginner levels (me) to advanced stuff (me if I survive the other stuff), I think I`m probably going to go this route and skip weights for now, I also like the idea of Zumba as well, it`ll looks like loads of fun! Smile
I already do quite a bit of stretching anyway, but with a lot of muscle loss I have to kinda careful because i disslocate joints very very easily now, even turning over in Bed! LOL
I think this is probably ideal for me. xx

You can dislocate joints by turning over in bed!  Eek!  That's not so good.  Don't want to sound dramatic but are you sure it is the loss of muscle and not something else going on?  

Because of my health I have to be careful of what exercise I do so getting hot and sweaty is out of the question.  The trick seems to be to work the muscle enough to develop tone (which I am guessing is what you need) but not to push it to the point of strain which encourages the muscle into self repair mode (make bigger).   

I also find that Pilates can help with trying to train for more feminine moments.  Guy muscles and skeleton does tend to work against the fluidity that a graceful woman seem to manage with such ease.  Having a lifetime's experience of having to move like a bloke to unlearn can be tough too (gurr).  But on the odd occasion I get it right it is a lovely feeling.  

What I also like about it and other exercises of that ilk is that it is possible to work up at your own pace.  As you say, lots of stuff out there.  Though sometimes it feels that the posters are more intent on trying to show how fit and flexible they are rather than genuinely trying to educate beginners like me.  I have collected a few links to some exercises that lean towards the fem.  If you would like I will dig them out for you?

I seem to do perfectly ok on the movement and flow side of things, I was never really masculine / butch in mannerisms or gestures no matter how hard I tried, my wife`s commented that i have a grace and flow of movement most girls would love to have, but at the same time not at all "camp" either.
the rest of my health is great, in fact I`v never felt better (not counting pre-puberty). I noticed about 1 year into HRT that my joints that were quite stiff under that muscle became quite loose and some even bend back the other way now, i`m much more lithe, but sometimes my shoulders will pop out now, and that never happened before in my life! but if I take my time I can work them back in again with bearable pain, and even use them again within a short time, so it` no biggy if I`m careful Smile

I think the Cardio aspect of it will be good for me too! i don`t drink or smoke now, so may as well mazimise my overall health as well (I draw the line at diets
though! LOL) xx

(27-02-2018, 08:45 PM)Katie Wrote:  I seem to do perfectly ok on the movement and flow side of things, I was never really masculine /  butch in mannerisms or gestures no matter how hard I tried, my wife`s commented that i have a grace and flow of movement most girls would love to have, but at the same time not at all "camp" either.
the rest of my health is great, in fact I`v never felt better (not counting pre-puberty). I noticed about 1 year into HRT that my joints that were quite stiff under that muscle became quite loose and some even bend back the other way now, i`m much more lithe, but sometimes my shoulders will pop out now, and that never happened before in my life! but if I take my time I can work them back in again with bearable pain, and even use them again within a short time, so it` no biggy if I`m careful Smile

I think the Cardio aspect of it will be good for me too! i don`t drink or smoke now, so may as well mazimise my overall health as well (I draw the line at diets
though! LOL) xx

UGH! Where do the days go?

Even compared to the average bloke I feel like a bit of a clod.  Probably doesn't look as bad as it feels but very frustrating.  

Interesting you say that about how HRT affected your joints.  I have heard others notice the same effect.  May I ask, how long were you on HRT before it became noticeable things were loosening up and the muscles begining reduce in bulk? 

Diets! The surefire way to put on weight! (and spend a lot of money doing it).  If you can get you mind around it have a look at HIIT exercise.  20 mins 3 times a week.  It looks too simple to be effective but lots of studies have shown it works.

(02-03-2018, 11:04 AM)Huggy Wrote:  Interesting you say that about how HRT affected your joints.  I have heard others notice the same effect.  May I ask, how long were you on HRT before it became noticeable things were loosening up and the muscles begining reduce in bulk? 

Sure, I`d say at the beginning of the second year it was quite noticable, there was also quite a bit of weight loss and fat redistribution going on then too, and that`s lasted right up until now and is ongoing (about 27 months later).
in fact most of all the really cool changes happened in the second year, and facially about the last 6 months of so it`s really worked well! (I won`t need any FFS ever).
I used to (pre hrt) suffere quite badly with my joints and tendonitis and srthritis, Now I feel like I`m 20 or 30 years younger and all my "age related" problems seems to have simply vanished!???
However... (sound of other shoe dropping) LOL Ithe dislocation problem started about 3 months ago and I dislocated both shoulders in less than a week simply doing stuff I`d always done. I`d noticed that most of my joints that were quite rigid and set to bend in one direction only, can actually move in the "wrong" direction too, and with little to no effort, for instance, I could never straighten my fingers past straight, now they can even go past that a little and curl upwards if i want to, and there`s no pain, just more flexible I guess?. my wrists can bend in 90 degree angles in both directions too now, tha was totally impossible for me before.

Crazy stuff!!!! LOL xx

(02-03-2018, 11:36 AM)Katie Wrote:  
(02-03-2018, 11:04 AM)Huggy Wrote:  Interesting you say that about how HRT affected your joints.  I have heard others notice the same effect.  May I ask, how long were you on HRT before it became noticeable things were loosening up and the muscles begining reduce in bulk? 

Sure, I`d say at the beginning of the second year it was quite noticable, there was also quite a bit of weight loss and fat redistribution going on then too, and that`s lasted right up until now and is ongoing (about 27 months later).
in fact most of all the really cool changes happened in the second year, and facially about the last 6 months of so it`s really worked well! (I won`t need any FFS ever).
I used to (pre hrt) suffere quite badly with my joints and tendonitis and srthritis, Now I feel like I`m 20 or 30 years younger and all my "age related" problems seems to have simply vanished!???
However... (sound of other shoe dropping) LOL Ithe dislocation problem started about 3 months ago and I dislocated both shoulders in less than a week simply doing stuff I`d always done. I`d noticed that most of my joints that were quite rigid and set to bend in one direction only, can actually move in the "wrong" direction too, and with little to no effort, for instance, I could never straighten my fingers past straight, now they can even go past that a little and curl upwards if i want to, and there`s no pain, just more flexible I guess?. my wrists can bend in 90 degree angles in both directions too now, tha was totally impossible for me before.

Crazy stuff!!!! LOL xx

Wow! Just shows the power of hormones huh?  (you do look good in your avatar[Image: blush.gif]

My weight is the biggest problem at the mo.  Finally managing to get things back on track at last, but as I can't exercise properly it's a harder battle to shift the lard.  

Been hearing different things about weight and HRT.  Do you think going on HRT itself helped? Or that once you were on the meds it was helping with your frame of mind and finding keeping to the weight loss programme easier?

(02-03-2018, 04:16 PM)Huggy Wrote:  Wow! Just shows the power of hormones huh?  (you do look good in your avatar[Image: blush.gif]

My weight is the biggest problem at the mo.  Finally managing to get things back on track at last, but as I can't exercise properly it's a harder battle to shift the lard.  

Been hearing different things about weight and HRT.  Do you think going on HRT itself helped? Or that once you were on the meds it was helping with your frame of mind and finding keeping to the weight loss programme easier?

Thank you! ❤️

I think it`s actually a combination of the 2 really, I haven`t lost a huge amount of weight in number terms, I`m only 5`6 and 138 pounds, I was a good 10 pounds heavier when I started, But, I didn`t have any Fat on me.
I think most of the change can`t really be detected by scales alone, as I was losing muscle mass I was gaining fat, and since muscle is heavier than fat by volume, the shift is hard to detect, a tape measure would probably be a better measure I guess.
I feel so much better mentally, physically and spiritually since being on HRT and have so much more energy and drive to get up and Do things now, so I think that probably helps burn up more than I would have done before. it`s really strange too, because I eat so much crap now as well! LOL chocolate and cakes and icecream and cookies not to mention loads of extra extra cheese on things like pizza, i`m truly terrible when it come to stuff like that. LOL xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon