Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight loss

Since starting to take pm I've put on about 20 pounds .Even when I take a break I can't seem to lose any of it .How long of a break does it take to lose any of it (my breaks usually last 2-3 weeks). I do diet and exercise some but can only drop 5 pounds or so.

(19-02-2018, 03:11 PM)happyfeet Wrote:  Since starting to take pm I've put on about 20 pounds .Even when I take a break I can't seem to lose any of it .How long of a break does it take to lose any of it (my breaks usually last 2-3 weeks). I do diet and exercise some but can only drop 5 pounds or so.

Hiya

Hate to tell you this but weight gain can often be an issue with PM.  

If you think about it, you are shifting your body chemistry more towards the female so it will be no surprise if we start having the same issue with weight as they do?  So in one way it shows the PM is working, the down side is having to deal with the same problems girls do too?

Remember that women have a much lower calorific requirement than men.  Depends on who you talk to (everybody seems to be an expert) for a woman to loose weight they generally need to get below 1500 calories a day.  The problem with a male body being pushed more towards the fem, there is not just the male fat patterns to contend with, you are encouraging the female areas too. 

So what to do?  Ok, I will bottom line this for you.

Don't diet!  Diets doesn't work.  Even if you do manage to loose some weight, you will very likely put it all back on again (and more) as soon as you go back to eating "normally".  To loose weight and keep it off needs a change of menu that you can keep to for life.  Educate yourself regarding food and nutrition.  Manage your calories.  Eat good food that doesn't come from a factory, and (sorry about this) only a very little booze and meat. 

Exercise.  All activity is good!  The chair is bad!!  The one form of exercise that consistency gets results and is relatively easy to incorporate into most people's routine is HIIT.  Much to my frustration, my health means I can't do this but to put it simply... it works.  

I realise I have grossly over simplified this and hope it doesn't make too depressing reading. But it's all part of getting a healthy life (mental and physical), understanding yourself and taking control.  Most of the battle is in the mind.  Get that straight and focused on being well and happy, and the body will follow.  [Image: biggrin.gif]

It is possible, not so much a diet but portion control.
I managed to drop fro 240lb, down to 165lb over a 12 month period.

At 165lb i looked dreadful, and ill. I slowly managed to raise my weight, and I have settled @ 185lb.

Preprepaired food is bad, cut down on fast food joints. Cut out on family bags of chips.

As noted, actual diets to not work, calorie input and output is the key. If yiu can train your body with portion control, thats something you can easily manage for many years as it becomes habbit.

The answer is astonishingly easy.  It requires a dietary shift, some exercise that you enjoy, and some simple supplementation.

The key point is really very simple:  You must not spike insulin.  How?  Eliminate grains and starch.  All carbs should come from vegetables, with fruits greatly in moderation.  If you eat meat, eat all you want.  Eat all the monounsaturated fats, and even animal fats, you want.  Leafy greens by the bushel (Vitamix is a godsend for accomplishing this).  Eat as many times a day as you want, just endeavor to not raise insulin by very much at all, after each meal.  Low insulin = low visceral fat.

Exercise is easy, if it's something you like.  You hardly even need to know you are exercising.  30-45 minutes/day at 60-70% of max heart rate, by age, is all you need.

Try liposomal vitamin C.  It enables you to take 20,000 mg. per day of C, with no side effects.  It also dramatically boosts absorption into your bloodstream.  For some reason, this level of vitamin C daily causes you to feel great, gives you a new lease on life, and makes you shed body fat.  Make your own to save $$$.  

In 24 months, I have shed 40 pounds of unneeded fat (particularly visceral fat), going from 195 with 36 inch waist to 155 with 29 inch waist and 6.5% body fat.  To many, this may seem a bit thin on a 6 foot frame, but to me there is nothing as sexy as a teenaged body for presenting as either male or female.  After turning 60 last year, I can say that this really is an uplift to my spirits.

Reminds me I need to change my avatar to a current picture.

Agree with all that has been said.  

Although there is always the caveat of what will work for one may not necessarily suit another, there does seem to be a growing agreement out there about what works.  And you are right, it's actually quite simple.  Putting it into practice however.......

Hadn't come across liposomal vit C before.  Interesting!  Will look into that, thanks.

I wonder, my own investigations have lead me to look into the subject of water and it's effect on health.  It is interesting to note that the inside of a cell is filled with an unusual state of water and it will actually hold an electrical charge (which is also why our bodies carry a negative charge).  There are a number of (ongoing) scientific studies that are showing a direct link between the strength of the charge within the cell and the health of the patient.  

Basic chemistry tell us that one of the ways to affect the state of a charge is to alter acidity.  As vit C can effect acidity levels, I wonder the effect liposomal vit C as opposed to regular vit C will have?  As I say, interesting.      

Perhaps others have some thoughts or hints they would like to add?  This could be a good resource for all of us dealing with weight?

I'm guessing about 85% of what is available in the modern grocery store is not ideal (or even fit) for human consumption.

The temptations are myriad! There are whole aisles that are best avoided altogether.

Retraining oneself to eat real food for the long term (not as a temporary diet) is not easy.

But the benefits are not only weigh loss, but better health and longevity.

(19-02-2018, 07:49 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  The answer is astonishingly easy.  It requires a dietary shift, some exercise that you enjoy, and some simple supplementation.

The key point is really very simple:  You must not spike insulin.  How?  Eliminate grains and starch.  All carbs should come from vegetables, with fruits greatly in moderation.  If you eat meat, eat all you want.  Eat all the monounsaturated fats, and even animal fats, you want.  Leafy greens by the bushel (Vitamix is a godsend for accomplishing this).  Eat as many times a day as you want, just endeavor to not raise insulin by very much at all, after each meal.  Low insulin = low visceral fat.

Exercise is easy, if it's something you like.  You hardly even need to know you are exercising.  30-45 minutes/day at 60-70% of max heart rate, by age, is all you need.

Try liposomal vitamin C.  It enables you to take 20,000 mg. per day of C, with no side effects.  It also dramatically boosts absorption into your bloodstream.  For some reason, this level of vitamin C daily causes you to feel great, gives you a new lease on life, and makes you shed body fat.  Make your own to save $$$.  

In 24 months, I have shed 40 pounds of unneeded fat (particularly visceral fat), going from 195 with 36 inch waist to 155 with 29 inch waist and 6.5% body fat.  To many, this may seem a bit thin on a 6 foot frame, but to me there is nothing as sexy as a teenaged body for presenting as either male or female.  After turning 60 last year, I can say that this really is an uplift to my spirits.

Reminds me I need to change my avatar to a current picture.

Thanks!
But are you sure about the 20,000mg of Vit C?
Thats a lot of pills!
Bobbi

Shope the perimeter of the grocery story. 
Stay away from the aisles.

I'm quite sure.  
Though perhaps it was not clear that I specifically mean Liposomal vitamin C.  
This is a saturated solution of ascorbic acid, with clusters of the ascorbate then being encapsulated within nano-spheres of phospholipids.

Although I don't possess the analytical equipment necessary to prove encapsulation, I can by personal experience attest to the likelihood of its having been largely accomplished.  I would never otherwise have been able to tolerate 15,000 - 20,000 mg. per day of Vitamin C.

I have never purchased liposomal C, as this would have been cost-prohibitive.  It can be made by oneself.

It is very inexpensive to buy 1 Kg. Ascorbic Acid and 1 Kg. organic sunflower lecithin.  In batches, the two ingredients are formed into a very smooth liquid.  The liquid is then placed in a borosilicate flask, and subjected to 1 hour of ultrasonic agitation.  Voila!  

It tastes like salad dressing, and goes great in a leafy greens smoothie (no sweetener).  Taken like that, its like green V-8 juice.
Six tablespoons a day will give you 17,000 - 18,000 ascorbic acid.

(27-02-2018, 04:02 AM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  I'm quite sure.  
Though perhaps it was not clear that I specifically mean Liposomal vitamin C.  
This is a saturated solution of ascorbic acid, with clusters of the ascorbate then being encapsulated within nano-spheres of phospholipids.

Although I don't possess the analytical equipment necessary to prove encapsulation, I can by personal experience attest to the likelihood of its having been largely accomplished.  I would never otherwise have been able to tolerate 15,000 - 20,000 mg. per day of Vitamin C.

I have never purchased liposomal C, as this would have been cost-prohibitive.  It can be made by oneself.

It is very inexpensive to buy 1 Kg. Ascorbic Acid and 1 Kg. organic sunflower lecithin.  In batches, the two ingredients are formed into a very smooth liquid.  The liquid is then placed in a borosilicate flask, and subjected to 1 hour of ultrasonic agitation.  Voila!  

It tastes like salad dressing, and goes great in a leafy greens smoothie (no sweetener).  Taken like that, its like green V-8 juice.
Six tablespoons a day will give you 17,000 - 18,000 ascorbic acid.

After your suggestion I have been looking further into Liposomal Vit C and I have to say it looks most encouraging and going to give it a try.  I am very much hands-on and being able to manufacture myself is bril! Thanks.  My question though is how do you do the ultrasonic agitation?       

I have long term CFS (chronic fatigue) and my system is so screwed that anything above 1500 calories I put on weight.  As I mentioned, an avenue I have been investigating is how the body at a cellular level is an electrically based system. I have just started experimenting using infrared (and I am already getting some quantifiable effects)  But if I understand the principles correctly, Liposomal Vit C should make a very effective complement to what I am already doing.  Don't want to speak too soon but this could actually be a game changer.      

As for food quality.  The way it was described to me was use the basic rule of thumb of; If it grows as a plant... eat it.  If it's made in a plant... don't.

I realise that is a gross oversimplification, but as a generation we have become so very disconnected from what food is really supposed to be and by extension what is actually good for us.  We should keep reminding ourselves that what fills the shelves at supermarkets and wrapped in many bright colours is there to make money for the manufacturer, rather than provide what is most beneficial at the cheapest cost for the customer. Put simply, if food has become so cheap (which historically it is now) ask the question... how?  How have they squeezed out their profit margins from what is actually a natural occurring product?  Not trying to slate all supermarket food, but a bit of common sense goes a long way.         

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon