Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Side Effects/Weird Issues with Barlowe's

OK, so a number of weeks ago I gave a go with Barlowe's. I've been a lurker for ages and was on the fence about a lot but took the dive anyway. About a week in I was getting really bad anxiety, almost panic like feelings, felt short of breath (able to control by essentially forcing calmness - hard to explain the technique, I'm an RN and good with cognitive behavioral skills), couldn't sleep and felt generally shitty. I quit cold turkey and felt better within 2 days. Unfortunate because it's the most ok I've felt with dysphroic feelings in a long time. I feel more GQ than trans but their are times when the dysphoria feel really shitty (other times I'm totally fine). So is this likely a PM problem or an issue with Barlowe's? Thoughts? Really wish the liquid extract was an option :\

How much were you taking?

(22-09-2017, 06:13 AM)MarisaG Wrote:  How much were you taking?

Sorry, brain derping since I was in a hurry. Um, whatever 1 pill is in Barlowe's. 550 mg I think?

(22-09-2017, 06:19 AM)Krrdex Wrote:  

Sorry, brain derping since I was in a hurry. Um, whatever 1 pill is in Barlowe's. 550 mg I think?

Its not the first i read here on people having similar side effects. Lotus seems to be the local expert around here and hopefully they chime in with something to say about it. 550 doesn't seem like a high dose at all, but what are the other factors? What time of day? empty stomach or full? do you drink? are you on any other meds?

(22-09-2017, 06:41 AM)MarisaG Wrote:  
(22-09-2017, 06:19 AM)Krrdex Wrote:  

Its not the first i read here on people having similar side effects. Lotus seems to be the local expert around here and hopefully they chime in with something to say about it. 550 doesn't seem like a high dose at all, but what are the other factors? What time of day? empty stomach or full? do you drink? are you on any other meds?
Agreed. I question the purity of whatever Barlowe's is using tbh. Or I just have a shitty reaction to PM. Drink, yes, but I was stone cold sober the entire time I was on it. Took with food, usually in AM. Only other meds are zyrtec, calcium (yay lactose intolerance) and a multivitamin. Wish I could tag lotus. Maybe I'll point them at this thread later.

A few things concerning reactions to PM (in general). It is possible that PM has a regulatory control with serotonin, meaning lowering it....which reflects in mood (e.g. depression/hostility, etc). Also, keep an eye on lowered blood sugar....a severe drop in blood sugar is very very dangerous....deadly for diabetics. 

We also know PM lowers the parathyroid, which is why we see bone pain/headaches feeling crappy etc. 

To counter these issues stay proactive, like adding fatty acids (olive oil, coconut oil, etc), calcium, the manufacturer recommends (do they know about the lowering of parathyroid?), follow the dosage with some fresh fruit. Another possibility is what else is in the ingredient of their PM (like B12, and how much), I'd like to see the label (if you could please).

On the other side coin?, barlowes PM could be doing its thang...you know, lowering androgens....maybe too well?.

Barlowe's seems significantly stronger than Ainterol from my experience. Though it is only 550mg, it feels almost as strong to me as when I was taking 1000mg of Ainterol at the same time. It has the opposite effect on me as it makes me really sleepy, as in hard to even stay awake all day even after a full night's sleep. I have felt a rush of anxiety sometimes about 30 minutes to an hour after taking PM now that I think about it.

Not able to show label at the moment, but the only thing listed as Other Ingredients is Plant Cellulose(HPMC) from Vegi-Caps.

(24-09-2017, 08:03 PM)PaulaJ Wrote:  Barlowe's seems significantly stronger than Ainterol from my experience. Though it is only 550mg, it feels almost as strong to me as when I was taking 1000mg of Ainterol at the same time. It has the opposite effect on me as it makes me really sleepy, as in hard to even stay awake all day even after a full night's sleep. I have felt a rush of anxiety sometimes about 30 minutes to an hour after taking PM now that I think about it.

Not able to show label at the moment, but the only thing listed as Other Ingredients is Plant Cellulose(HPMC) from Vegi-Caps.

Any idea on other brands as ainterol seems to be impossible to get and I'd rather deal with the low level dysphoria than the side effects I had on barlowes.

Barlowes does warn that their PM is potent and that one should discontinue use if there are any unexpected side effects:

NOTE: Pueraria Mirifica is a potent source of several estrogen-like substances. Care should be taken when taking this product. It is not a placebo! Some women report better results when combining Pueraria with DIM. Others report fewer side effects when combining Pueraria with Vitex.

Caution: Pueraria Mirifica is generally safe, but it is very potent and should be utilized with care. Most women should not take more than two capsules per day. This product is for dietary use and has estrogen-type effects. If unexpected side-effects occur, discontinue use immediately!

https://barlowesherbalelixirs.com/women-...o-krua.hml

(26-09-2017, 06:43 PM)Krrdex Wrote:  Any idea on other brands as ainterol seems to be impossible to get and I'd rather deal with the low level dysphoria than the side effects I had on barlowes.

I haven't tried any other brands.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon