Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair.. how do you control?

(17-09-2017, 06:42 AM)oki Wrote:  
(15-09-2017, 06:10 PM)MeganJ Wrote:  For me waxing has done a really good job of reducing body hair.....I have after about 13 waxes no hair on my legs more or less, only vellus hair on my arms and hands and way sparser body hair which is becoming very slow growing. 

I was like chewbacca in his birthday suit before so i would imagine it would work just as well for anyone with less dense body hair. Just be prepared for it to hurt a lot for me its armpits and collar bone which really hurt although it does improve with time and also ingrowing hairs need to be dealt with very quickly.

Even 8 sessions of laser for the whole body is a five figure sum in the UK or close to it so that's a lot of waxing sessions at £150 for a full body one. According to the beautician who does my waxing eventually hair will no longer grow at all after enough waxes.

An epilator is a good investment too although don't do it when the hair is really long as it hurts like hell then, I just got a mains one for about £50 which does the job pretty well but I only use it to do the very odd hairs which get missed during waxing. 

I really would just save the electrolysis for the face. 

Megan

This is very individual Megan. I think your success has more to do with hormones and with how well you manage to be a silk-skinned woman on the insideSmile). I've been epilating once to thrice a month for the last two years or so and there is some reduction but generally the hair is still growing strong. The mechanism of action of course being identical to waxing.

Maybe I just got lucky  - my legs were the only bit of me which really responded to epilating and then it just seemed to just make the hair finer rather than getting rid of it entirely, it is supposed to work the same but for me it hasnt been as effective as waxing (and you dont want to get certain bits of your anatomy stuck in the epilator as happened to me a few times).

One reason for my success with hair removal is that it could be the bicalutamide having an effect on body hair (as thats a common reported benefit of it) so it might not entirely be down to the waxing.  I still use my epilator occasionally to get the odd hairs which get missed from waxing but mostly it doesnt get used these days........I can stand the pain if someone else is inflicting it but not if I am doing it to myself and I found epilating anywhere other than my legs way too painful, plus I like the pampering I get when I go and get waxed!

Megan

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon