Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

amisulpride- guaranteed lactation

so amongst  my quest for knowledge, I ran across this: amisulpride ( sold as sulrprix on Inhouse 50% off right now =$17.99/30 tabs)

from what I have seen in research, that this med used for chronic schizophrenia, has the "nasty " side effect of increasing prolactin in your system, (100% chance). 

Some people report as little as three weeks, they begin to lactate. there are other possible less desirable effects as well:

Inhouse medical fact sheet:

The most commonly reported side effects when taking Sulprix tablets 100mg include extrapyramidal symptoms such as: tremor, rigidity, hypokinesia (reduced body movement), hypersalivation (excessive production of saliva), akathisia (a feeling of inner restlessness), dyskinesia (uncontrolled involuntary movement), acute dystonia (repeated involuntary muscle contractions); Insomnia, anxiety, agitation; gastrointestinal upset including constipation, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth; hypotension (low blood pressure); weight gain; increased blood prolactin causing galactorrhoea (milk secretion from the breasts), amenorrhoea, gynaecomastia (breast enlargement in men), breast pain, and erectile dysfunction  

When should Sulprix not be used?

You should not use Sulprix tablets 100mg if you:
  • are allergic to amisulpride or any ingredients in Sulprix
  • are pregnant or are breastfeeding
  • have a prolactin-dependent tumour such as prolactinoma of the pituitary gland and breast cancer
  • have phaeochromocytoma, a tumour of the adrenal gland
  • have kidney or liver disease
  • have a history of blood clots, seizures, diabetes (blood sugar may need monitoring)
  • have Parkinson’s disease
  • are taking medicines that interact with Sulprix, including: antiarrhythmics like quinidine and amiodarone, levodopa for Parkinson’s disease, bepridil for angina cisapride for gastric reflux, other antipsychotics like sultopride and thioridazine, methadone for addiction, intravenous antibiotics like erythromycin and vincamine, the antimalarial halofantrine, pentamidine for pneumonia, the antibiotic sparfloxacin, calcium channel blockers diltiazem and verapamil, beta-blockers, clonidine, guanfacine for high blood pressure, digitalis for heart failure, narcotics, anaesthetics, analgesics, sedative antihistamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines and other anxiolytic medicines, clonidine and derivatives, diuretics, stimulant laxatives, intravenous, glucocorticoids, the antifungal amphotericin B, glucocorticoids, other antipsychotics like haloperidol, chlorpromazine, trifluperazine, pimozide, imipramine antidepressants, lithium, alcohol, antihypertensive medicines and other hypotensive medications

From Wikki :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amisulpride

[b]Amisulpride is an antipsychotic medication used to treat schizophrenia.[1] In Italy, it is also used as a treatment for dysthymia.[5] It is usually classed with the newer generation of antipsychotics, the so called atypical antipsychotics. Chemically it is a benzamide and like other benzamide antipsychotics, such as sulpiride, it is associated with a high risk of elevating blood levels of the lactation hormone, prolactin (thereby potentially causing the absence of the menstrual cycle, breast enlargement, even in males, breast milk secretion not related to breastfeeding, impaired fertility, impotence, breast pain, etc.), and a low risk, relative to the typical antipsychotics, of causing movement disorders.[6][7][8] It has also been found to be slightly more effective in treating schizophrenia than the typical antipsychotics.[7]
[/b]
Amisulpride, like all other approved antipsychotics, is believed to work by reducing signalling via the dopamine D2 receptor. In amisulpride's case this is by blocking, or antagonizing, the receptor. Amisulpride's effectiveness in treating dysthymia and the negative symptoms of schizophrenia is believed to stem from its blockade of the presynaptic dopamine D2 receptors. These presynaptic receptors regulate the release of dopamine into the synapse, so by blocking them amisulpride increases dopamine concentrations in the synapse. This increased dopamine concentration is theorized to act on dopamine D1 receptors to relieve depressive symptoms (in dysthymia) and the negative symptoms of schizophrenia.[5]
It was introduced by Sanofi-Aventis in the 1990s. Its patent had expired by 2008 and hence generic formulations are now available.[9] It is not marketed in the Canada or the United States, although in all other English-speaking countries

Common (≥1%, <10% incidence)[1][16][17][6]
  • Hyperprolactinaemia (which can lead to galactorrhoea ( lactation), breast enlargement and tenderness, sexual dysfunction, etc.)
  • Weight gain (produces less weight gain than chlorpromazine, clozapine, iloperidone, olanzapine, paliperidone, quetiapine, risperidone, sertindole, zotepine and more (although not statistically significantly) weight gain than haloperidol, lurasidone, ziprasidone and approximately as much weight gain as aripiprazole and asenapine)[7]
  • Anticholinergic side effects (although it does not bind to the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors and hence these side effects are usually quite mild) such as
- constipation- dry mouth- disorder of accommodation- Blurred vision

Pharmacology
Amisulpride function primarily as a D2 and D3 receptor antagonist. It has high affinity for these receptors with dissociation constants of 2.2 nM and 2.4 nM, respectively. Although standard doses used to treat psychosis inhibit dopaminergic neurotransmission, low doses preferentially block inhibitory pre-synaptic autoreceptors. This results in a facilitation of dopamine activity, and for this reason, low dose amisulpride has also been used to treat dysthymia.[1]
Amisulpride and its relative sulpiride have been shown to bind to and activate the GHB receptor at doses that are used for therapeutic purposes.[25]
Though it has long been widely assumed that dopaminergic modulation is solely responsible for the respective antidepressant and antipsychotic properties of amisulpride, it has recently been shown that it also acts as a potent antagonist at the 5-HT7 receptor.[26] Several of the other atypical antipsychotics such as risperidone and ziprasidone are potent antagonists at the 5-HT7 receptor as well, and selective antagonists of the receptor show antidepressant properties themselves. To characterize the role of the 5-HT7 receptor in the antidepressant effects of amisulpride, a study prepared 5-HT7 receptor knockout mice.[26] The study found that in two widely used rodent models of depression, the tail suspension test, and the forced swim test, those mice did not exhibit an antidepressant response upon treatment with amisulpride.[26] These results suggest that 5-HT7 receptor antagonism mediates the antidepressant effects of amisulpride.[26]
Amisulpride also appears to bind with high affinity to the 5-HT2B receptor

It would seem that, this is a Russian roulette of side effects, but , seems more reliable than Domperidone ( Motilium) as is it induces lactation, whereas, Domperidone ( Motilium) only increases it. Domperidone is an antiemetic (prevents vomiting). 

Though one should not take psych meds, if they are not needed, this is a possible option to help induce lactation, for those who desire it. One of the main concerns with taking psych meds when not needed, is the possibility that it may rewire the brain, in a manner that is not for the better. 

a word of caution: you should be very careful in the amount you take, you do not want to induce a prolactinoma , high levels of prolactin can cause this condition. large doses can be fatal.

Passionate about lactation, I have never managed to induce lactation by the usual treatments. I am interested in taking Sulfix.Who managed to induce lactation when taking Sulprix 100 mg? At what dose and duration of treatment? Milk rises appeared after how long?

i have always wanted to lactate too - i guess no one has tried it.  too bad but i have to say given all the possible side effects i prob wouldnt risk it.

I had tried it, two month course. though I could feel the increase in the ductal areas and the aveoli that  produce the milk, I have not lactated.  perhaps a longer length of time on that medication is needed to achieve any lactation.

(09-02-2018, 03:49 PM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  I had tried it, two month course. though I could feel the increase in the ductal areas and the aveoli that  produce the milk, I have not lactated.  perhaps a longer length of time on that medication is needed to achieve any lactation.

And so, to achieve a lactation is not 100% sure ... Too bad, I would have liked to try despite the side effects.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon