Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My endo is hard to trust

And so I bring my questions about his method's to you all. 

My endocrinologist wants me to take both the patch and the pill at the same time. Is this normal? It sounds like a bit much but I'm not a doctor.

(14-02-2017, 12:00 AM)GamerGuy Wrote:  And so I bring my questions about his method's to you all. 

My endocrinologist wants me to take both the patch and the pill at the same time. Is this normal? It sounds like a bit much but I'm not a doctor.

Some doctors do...  The reason mine is not is because of my past heart condition.  Many of the drugs I take for that puts pressure on kidneys and liver much like oral E will.

My regimen is gel with sublingual tabs.

Ok .. I can see the logic, somewhat.

It's going to depend on what he wants you to take. Patches are easher on your liver but wearing 6 at once is a PITA.
Do you know what pills he is putting you on? I prey they are bio identical and not synthetic.
Also, are they dissolvable under the tongue.
If they are, you should be able to place them in your rectum. That way your liver is not involved in the first pass.

The pills are 2mg Estrace brand estradiol. That is all I know. They have a score mark on them so I take half in the morning and the other half in the evening, rather than the directed "one whole pill once daily". I used to take them sublingually but consensus shows that it doesn't stay in your system as long. I honestly don't know what I should be doing exactly.

(24-02-2017, 07:25 AM)GamerGuy Wrote:  The pills are 2mg Estrace brand estradiol. That is all I know. They have a score mark on them so I take half in the morning and the other half in the evening, rather than the directed "one whole pill once daily". I used to take them sublingually but consensus shows that it doesn't stay in your system as long. I honestly don't know what I should be doing exactly.

I do the same sublingual...works fine.  At least for for me.  They spike...but do stay in your system for a bit.  I take it 3x a day and my results so far are 153pg/dl.  Plus you are on patch too...so you should be o.k.  as long as your body can absorb it

It's normal. The pills (fast acting) tend to spike, half life around 8 hrs. Combined with the patch (slow acting) it smooths the spike/peak out to deliver the combined total over a longer period.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon