Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My endo is a moron!

(08-09-2016, 12:29 AM)Nikki9 Wrote:  I would just ask to see another endo. Or slap him with a cucumber and say can you not read the results these are not native female results...

I imagined a comic-like confrontation where I slap him with MY "cucumber" while shouting "Can you not see this is not native female!" Hahahaha...Tongue

Ok, so I downloaded a chart off this site to my phone that shows "typical" doses for HRT, and I will use that as one of my "weapons" during my next conquest against the Endo-troll.
Of course, I will be handling this as calmly and civilized as humanly possible.
11 days until my next visit with him Smile

I give doctors some wiggle room. Endos get more because they're dealing with a big mess of organic chemicals and are trying to find the right balance for ONE particular person out of billions.

If a particular approach worked for every single person, one wouldn't need an Endo, a GP could just write a script and never talk to the patient again.

(11-09-2016, 06:12 PM)spoked451 Wrote:  I give doctors some wiggle room. Endos get more because they're dealing with a big mess of organic chemicals and are trying to find the right balance for ONE particular person out of billions.

If a particular approach worked for every single person, one wouldn't need an Endo, a GP could just write a script and never talk to the patient again.

I agree, typically my gender Dr makes me get bloodwork every 4 weeks, and then adjusts my medication every visit. However, if a person has been on a beginning dose of HRT for months, that is too long. You shouldn't need to be in a low HRT amount for any more than 4 to 6 weeks.

(09-09-2016, 02:00 PM)dcdee Wrote:  My 2 cents, for what it is worth.
I have marginal faith in doctors as a whole. There is a reason they call medicine an "art" and doctors "practice".
prac·tice
ˈpraktəs/Submit
noun
the actual application or use of an idea, belief, or method as opposed to theories about such application or use.
"the principles and practice of teaching"

(09-09-2016, 02:00 PM)dcdee Wrote:  Right off the bat we are asking them to do something that could be interpreted to violate their ethical code to "do no harm".
Umm no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primum_non_nocere
It is invoked when debating the use of an intervention that carries an obvious risk of harm but a less certain chance of benefit.

There is an obvious risk of harm in allowing a genetically male or female who self identifies as the opposite sex. This is evident in suicide and self harm rates of those with gender dysphoria.

(09-09-2016, 02:00 PM)dcdee Wrote:  Then there is the research or lack their of, of what is needed to do what we are asking of them. Essentially, there is no long term scientific studies to establish drug therapy regimes to act as a basis for establishing doses of estrogen, progesterone, spirolactone and the other drugs that make up a transition regime.

Again, not true. Studies have been done, and records kept for a long long time now. The issue was that the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders which all psychiatric professionals use only recently changed. Gender dysphoria was reclassified in 2013 and removed from the sexual disorders classification.

Yes, only 3 years ago GD was considered a sex disorder.

(09-09-2016, 02:00 PM)dcdee Wrote:  Face it, the Trans community, which i consider myself part of, is so small that we are not considered large enough to be considered a minority. There is not enough of us to establish a statistically significant pool of test patients to establish meaningful transition drug therapies based on science.

Again, not true. GD was treated differently. They still had the results from previous patients but they were managed differently, and looked at differently. And because it was treated as a disorder, treatments were different as well.

(09-09-2016, 02:00 PM)dcdee Wrote:  IT IS YOUR BODY, TAKE CONTROL.

This, I 100% agree with.

Good, i started a discussion.

There are a couple of generic points that should be gleamed from my rant.
A) doctors are not god like beings that know all and we mortals must followed without question.

Tanya and Lotus probably know as much or more about the pharmicology, effects and side effects of BOTH estogens derived from pharmaceuticals or botanical than most if not all of the endocrinologists out there. I qualify that by including botanicals in the mix because western medicine dismisses the use of botanicals out of hand as ineffective or useless. As we have seen from this board, that is not the case.

B) You are misguided if you think you do not think NBE estrogens require medical supervision while touting the need for a shrink to say your mental state requires pharmaceuticals prescribed by another person. How many of you out there are messing with your endocrine system by taking fist fulls of herbs without talking to a psychologist much less telling your primary care physician what and how much of it you are taking. Are you NBEers doing blood work monthly? Quarterly? Ho, you are not.

Pounding down botanicals to grow breasts is messing with your endocrine system. A male's natural endocrine system has to be altered to achieve female breast growth. Not debatable. Don't be pissy with me about self medicating with pharmaceuticals if you are on the NBE train going somewhere without a psychologist's letter and a recipe from your doctor telling you which herbs you need to bake into your boobie cake.

Ericka talks a lot about gender dysphoria. My post has nothing to do with that. It is all about who should be responsible for addressing issues associate with your body and giving WAY TOO MUCH credit for a group of people, ie medical doctors, who do not know as much as you think they do, or care. If you do not believe me, get your medical record and read the doctors notes from each visit. As a whole they are very interesting reading. You will find numerous misstatements, and things that were never discussed in them. Don't believe me, get them and read.

Back to the gender dysphoria thing. The understanding of gender dysphoria is an evolving issue. We know what it is long before someone put a name on it much less admitted it existed. Many of us have done what it takes to make ourselves feel right, while, even keeled, however you want to term it, whether it has been done through cross dressing, herbal remedies, support groups or complete SRS.

Excellent points

Dc

Julie

Success!!!

I just got out of my appointment with my endo and he QUADRUPLED my Spironolactone to 200mg!!! yay! Big Grin

(20-09-2016, 05:31 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  Success!!!

I just got out of my appointment with my endo and he QUADRUPLED my Spironolactone to 200mg!!! yay! Big Grin

Just two trivia questions ..

Did your estrogen get increased too and when is your next blood work due ?

(21-09-2016, 02:06 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(20-09-2016, 05:31 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  Success!!!

Just two trivia questions ..

Did your estrogen get increased too and when is your next blood work due ?

No, for now my E is staying at 2 mg dailySad
I just had bloodwork done recently but my next is in January.

Bad news update: My insurance is being a stickler about my dosage and is refusing to cover it until they talk to my endocrinologist personally

(20-09-2016, 05:31 PM)GamerGuy Wrote:  I just got out of my appointment with my endo and he QUADRUPLED my Spironolactone to 200mg!!! yay! Big Grin

Spironolactone's primary use is a heart medication for high blood pressure.
I would be worried about the impact of suddenly increasing the the dose by 4X.
An increase that large caused the red flag by the insurance company. It is a check and balance.
I have the same question as Jannet about the increase in estrogen and the lack of blood work by your endo. Either that or we do not have all of the information.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon