Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

just starting hormones

Just an update as its now four months since starting taking estradiol and a couple of months since my last post. Emotionally things are pretty much unchanged since my last post, feeling better in myself than ever and thankfully no mood swings that I've seen others writing about. New experience for me is feeling a little tearful sometimes if I'm reading a sad book or listening to sad music but, like the physical changes, for me it's a change for the better.
I can agree with that, there are definitely changes in emotion response.

One thing that's not for the better is being constantly hungry which is taking some willpower to resist.
Hmmm yeah, somedays I could eat a dead scabby cat.

I suppose slow physical progress could be a negative thing for some although for me it's another plus as the changes have been too slow for those around me to notice or comment - well so far.
Unless we decide to come out right away, I suspect thats the point ( at least for me ). I will try and keep under the radar until I start getting Mam in the stores.

On the physical side biggest change is in my butt which although it's not much "fuller" it is looking good as it slopes out gently from far higher up my body, teamed up with slightly fuller hips it's looking more a female behind.
Chest wise the tape measure still says no change on the over bust measurement but looking in the mirror, to me at least, it's looking an obviously female chest now with rounded bottoms to breasts and wider areoles with a prominent nipple.
Still no desire to dress female at the moment, but had a trying on session today and bras that were too big in the cups when I started hormones are now nicely filled.
Isnt that the best feeling in the world, when you feel your stomach flutter with excitement,

So there we are - longer post than intended but after sitting down to write this post I realised just how many positive things and how few negative things there were to say about my journey.
Thanks for sharing, your not alone.

I didn't realise how common the hunger thing is, watched a few utubes today for the first time and it was mentioned in several videos.

Today reminded me of another thing that I've experienced quite regularly since starting hormones - days when chest looks same as yesterday but suddenly feels big, well not just big but truly massive. Lean forward slightly and it feels like I'm going to topple over, turn and they seem to overshoot and swing back, walk and I'm expecting to be slapped in the face.
Then next day it's back to what passes as normal.

Is it just me or do others get this?

I felt that when I was in full, but since I have been off NBE herbs for about 8 weeks, things have settled a little bit.

It made me feel like wishful thinking had taken over, till I put a bra on that the day before was a little sloppy in the cups but now, I had to stuff myself into them. LOL...Big Grin

I didn't realise how common the hunger thing is, watched a few utubes today for the first time and it was mentioned in several videos.
it would be nice to know what's causing the excessive hunger cravings. That way we could try and minimise the effects.

Today reminded me of another thing that I've experienced quite regularly since starting hormones - days when chest looks same as yesterday but suddenly feels big, well not just big but truly massive. Lean forward slightly and it feels like I'm going to topple over, turn and they seem to overshoot and swing back, walk and I'm expecting to be slapped in the face.
Then next day it's back to what passes as normal.

Is it just me or do others get this?
Lol, not that bad, but I know whay you mean, Some days you get up and you feel more pumped up than others.

Will have to mention the hunger thing to doc on next visit. Think you're on the money Jannet with keeping appetite under control, it's so easy to blame the hormones.

I was chatting to a close female friend yesterday about progress and mentioned feeling big somedays. She said that she had same at certain times of her cycle so perhaps it's going to be a regular feeling - not that I'm complaining as it feels rather nice.

(31-08-2016, 03:57 PM)Boris Wrote:  One thing that's not for the better is being constantly hungry which is taking some willpower to resist.

I suspect the hunger is in fact Sodium cravings. Spiro flushes out the sodium and you need to replace it. If you eat the typical American diet with quite a bit of processed items everything has sodium in it so when on that type of diet salt cravings and being "hungry" are virtually synonymous.

I eat a whole food plant based no oil diet with minimum processed items. Hardly anything I eat has added sodium. So when I started taking spiro the fact the cravings were for sodium was readily apparent. Pickles, Olives and Sourdough pretzels were my nemesis. It bothered me so much that I finally quit taking Spiro and just take E. No more cravings and really no noticeable increased hunger.

The lesson here may be that if you consciously increase some salt usage then maybe your hunger will subside.

Let us know what the Doc says.

Thanks for the info Wendy, like you I don't take spiro, just estradiol and eat what is termed a Mediterranean diet which includes plenty of fresh ingredients and no processed food at all. I migrate south when the UK weather is a little chilly for me which in reality means that I spend most of the year in the south just returning home for July and August.

It's the grey dull days that can trigger a rare fed up feeling for me, but that was the way before starting hormones. Thankfully physical activity soon gets me back to normal.

I'll certainly update on the medical opinion on increased hunger.

(03-09-2016, 04:42 AM)WendyA Wrote:  
(31-08-2016, 03:57 PM)Boris Wrote:  One thing that's not for the better is being constantly hungry which is taking some willpower to resist.

I suspect the hunger is in fact Sodium cravings. Spiro flushes out the sodium and you need to replace it. If you eat the typical American diet with quite a bit of processed items everything has sodium in it so when on that type of diet salt cravings and being "hungry" are virtually synonymous.

My last bloodwork results did indicate low sodium. I personally never add salt to anything, I figure there is enough salt in the good we already eat. Maybe I'll try adding more salt to my diet, see if that helps. I know eating more sodium through chips ( also known as crisps ), does not help my diet.

I am also trying to get my doctor to add more E, and start droping Spiro.

(03-09-2016, 11:03 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  My last bloodwork results did indicate low sodium. I personally never add salt to anything, I figure there is enough salt in the good we already eat. Maybe I'll try adding more salt to my diet, see if that helps. I know eating more sodium through chips ( also known as crisps ), does not help my diet.

You might want to check info on Hyponatremia, which is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low.

FYI, signs and symptoms of low sodium levels may include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Loss of energy and fatigue
  • Restlessness and irritability
  • Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
  • Seizures
  • Coma
Any of those sound familiar?

(03-09-2016, 02:14 PM)WendyA Wrote:  
(03-09-2016, 11:03 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  My last bloodwork results did indicate low sodium. I personally never add salt to anything, I figure there is enough salt in the good we already eat. Maybe I'll try adding more salt to my diet, see if that helps. I know eating more sodium through chips ( also known as crisps ), does not help my diet.

You might want to check info on Hyponatremia, which is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low.

FYI, signs and symptoms of low sodium levels may include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Loss of energy and fatigue
  • Restlessness and irritability
  • Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
  • Seizures
  • Coma
Any of those sound familiar?

Getting cramps in my feet, muscle weakness for sure. My wife says I'm always confused so nothing new there ..lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon