Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

just starting hormones

Just put Lotus in charge of the system

He would sort it

Julie

Hi all - I figured this might be a good thread to jump into since I just started hormones. Doc and I decided to start with Spiro to replace my herbal anti androgens with the idea that I'd see how that worked and then consider adding pharma E later down the road. I guess I will have to be patient, but I must say that I'm having LOTS of "E envy" right now. You all describe such a good feeling from it and while I've thoroughly enjoyed the calm and "just feels right" feeling I get from PM and other phytoestrogens, I find myself being pulled toward sublingual E.

Anyway. I look forward to being a part of the synthetic crowd and continuing my journey here! BlushBig Grin

(14-07-2016, 03:45 AM)WendyA Wrote:  
(29-06-2016, 06:48 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(29-06-2016, 04:18 PM)WendyA Wrote:  Still, even if looking to fully transition they have found that 50-60% of the folks E only is enough to suppress testosterone.

I don't suppose you could point me towards where you read that ?

Sorry for the delay, my notifications were going to my spam folder. I believe this is where I first saw this information.

I actually printed this out and took it to my doctors, I was hoping you had another source for the information Sad

(22-07-2016, 01:19 PM)MarcyAno Wrote:  Hi all - I figured this might be a good thread to jump into since I just started hormones. Doc and I decided to start with Spiro to replace my herbal anti androgens with the idea that I'd see how that worked and then consider adding pharma E later down the road. I guess I will have to be patient, but I must say that I'm having LOTS of "E envy" right now. You all describe such a good feeling from it and while I've thoroughly enjoyed the calm and "just feels right" feeling I get from PM and other phytoestrogens, I find myself being pulled toward sublingual E.

Anyway. I look forward to being a part of the synthetic crowd and continuing my journey here! BlushBig Grin

We Welcome you to the dark side Tongue

(22-07-2016, 02:30 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  We Welcome you to the dark side Tongue

Ooh - that sounds so ominous!

It's about a month since my first post or 3 months since starting Estradiol now, so just an update really. Biggest change is still emotional, feeling really settled all the time which is great. Measurements show no change but strangely the mirror tells a different story with my chest and lower body looking much more feminine.

Need to crossdress is still absent but when I can be bothered to put a bra on I realise just how much the changes have progressed in such a short time. Hips and butt are getting a definition that wasn't there a few weeks ago.
Male functions still fine, only changes there are that I'm in charge of activity rather than random.
On the GP front the initial appointment was difficult and, for me particularly unpleasant. I was told I need a psychologist not a pharmacy. So next step is a change of doctors.

(22-07-2016, 04:47 PM)Boris Wrote:  On the GP front the initial appointment was difficult and, for me particularly unpleasant. I was told I need a psychologist not a pharmacy. So next step is a change of doctors.

OUCH..yes, it sounds like a change of doctors is required. As it happens, I have seen @ 4 different psychologists, I wanted them to tell me I could be cured, apparently the cure is Estradiol. You don't list were you are located, but it certainly will not do any harm to go and see somebody you can talk to about your feelings.

Hi Jannet, I'm currently in the UK but for me Rome is home. The doctor was a UK national health one that I use in Wales for annual health check, bloods etc. along with prescribing general pills and potions needed for stock when touring overseas. I hold dual nationality so if I present at different doctors with Estradiol pack and EU - ID card obtaining a prescription is a formality.
If my memory serves me correctly I believe Canada is your home country (apologies if I've got it wrong) where I'm sure your attitudes toward counselling is different to ours, the old English "stiff upper lip" creates a social stigma around those who need counselling still especially in those of my generation.
For me I think it may suit my needs better to return to European doctors for bloods and health advice.

There are a few girls in here from the UK, I do not recall anyone else having those kind of problems. Although, it does seem that Canada is a little more understanding than most other places. I am actually from Liverpool, and I saw my first therapist when I was 17. No internet at that time, I thought I was all alone with my feelings. Things would have gone a lot differently if I had the knowledge then that I have now.

Just an update as its now four months since starting taking estradiol and a couple of months since my last post. Emotionally things are pretty much unchanged since my last post, feeling better in myself than ever and thankfully no mood swings that I've seen others writing about. New experience for me is feeling a little tearful sometimes if I'm reading a sad book or listening to sad music but, like the physical changes, for me it's a change for the better.

One thing that's not for the better is being constantly hungry which is taking some willpower to resist.

I suppose slow physical progress could be a negative thing for some although for me it's another plus as the changes have been too slow for those around me to notice or comment - well so far.

On the physical side biggest change is in my butt which although it's not much "fuller" it is looking good as it slopes out gently from far higher up my body, teamed up with slightly fuller hips it's looking more a female behind.
Chest wise the tape measure still says no change on the over bust measurement but looking in the mirror, to me at least, it's looking an obviously female chest now with rounded bottoms to breasts and wider areoles with a prominent nipple.
Still no desire to dress female at the moment, but had a trying on session today and bras that were too big in the cups when I started hormones are now nicely filled.

So there we are - longer post than intended but after sitting down to write this post I realised just how many positive things and how few negative things there were to say about my journey.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon