Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Probably worrying over nothing

Sad 

Went to the doctors today just to get a prescription refilled and things were going good. Then he asked for me to sit up on the table so he could check my heart and what not. As he's doing so, I feel him press right underneath my left breast. Now it could be just my overactive imagination, but it felt like he had to lift a bit to get underneath. I made sure to give no reaction as this was going on.

He takes some notes, and then mentions when was the last time they did a blood test. And if they've had my T tested. I said, it has probably been a little while and that he's had my T tested twice and it came back as low. So he said that I need to come back and get some bloodwork. So I said, just because? He said, well we should see how everything is going with my medication and everything else.

So I'm a bit nervous now. I know there really shouldn't be anything for me to worry about, but I can't help it. I really don't want my doctor finding out more than what I am willing to share at the moment. Just seemed awfully coincidental that I feel the effort he makes to check my heart when placing the stethoscope beneath my left breast, and then mentions doing some blood work, and testing my T levels. It's not like I am that developed, so I am sure it's all in my head. I hope, aghh, who knows. I am going on less than 4 hours of sleep, I am sure it's just all in my head. Huh

When I got new insurance and had to switch doctors anyway, I got a local trans friend to recommend hers.

The doctor I have now doesn't seem to get trans issues per se, but is super respectful, and cool about it. (Wrote me and Endo letter too.)

Since there are going to be things to worry about, and you need bloodwork to do herbals safely, you should try and find a doctor you can trust if at all possible.

If a doctor is doing T tests, they likely are not going to let it go, since that can be a symptom of many deadly things, they are going to look for the problem.

You could contact local LGBT groups or Gender Therapist offices, and have them recommend doctors, or try to check if the one you are seeing is good/safe or not too.

- JadeJade

Sofia, I think your over thinking things. To your doctor your just another name on his sheet. He isn't your personal friend. Who cares if he knows or not. He isn't going to be able to tell anybody anyway.

Honestly, you should tell your doctor about any herbs and medications you take that aren't prescribed by him.

The worst that can happen is that he gives a lecture about how he should have been informed sooner, unless you live in one of those ridiculous RFRA states with a huge anti-LGBT contingent.

Sofia,

Bearing in mind that most males don't want breast development, I think your doctor is just being diligent.

Here's my experience with this issue:

(26-02-2013, 11:35 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  As I mentioned in another thread, I went to the doctor's today. During the visit she asked me to lift up my shirt so she could listen to my heartbeat. Near the end of the visit she said she noticed my growth of breast tissue and asked me whether I was bothered or concerned about it. I of course said, 'no, I'm not bothered at all.' Big Grin

It could be that your doctor has more reason to be concerned about your health than the one I saw. In any case, unless the herbs are creating a health issue for you, I think he'll drop the issue if your health is good.

Sofia, I would at least go with the bloodwork offer though. Get your liver and kidneys checked out. And find out how well your NBE is doing.

(21-06-2016, 01:03 AM)Jaded Jade Wrote:  When I got new insurance and had to switch doctors anyway, I got a local trans friend to recommend hers.

The doctor I have now doesn't seem to get trans issues per se, but is super respectful, and cool about it. (Wrote me and Endo letter too.)

Since there are going to be things to worry about, and you need bloodwork to do herbals safely, you should try and find a doctor you can trust if at all possible.

If a doctor is doing T tests, they likely are not going to let it go, since that can be a symptom of many deadly things, they are going to look for the problem.

You could contact local LGBT groups or Gender Therapist offices, and have them recommend doctors, or try to check if the one you are seeing is good/safe or not too.

- JadeJade

Well that's not a step that I am at in this point in my life. I don't know anyone locally, and I am not really ready to expose myself with any local groups. Where I live, while large is not large enough for me. The degrees of separation are too close together, and I am afraid of being found out. I understand the doctors potential concern, and I have been getting bloodwork on my own to avoid it going on my personal file. Granted my doctor does not have this information. While I could possibly share it, I won't as it has E test results and want to avoid any questions about that. It's not that I don't trust my doctor, he's pretty laid back, but like I said, that is not a topic I am ready to cover with anyone just yet. I can get quite nervous and be really shy, and I don't want those two things to interfere with what I would want to say.

I'm sure I am worried over nothing, and it is just routine, and my mind is just over analyzing the situation and circumstance. Thank you for your kind support and information, I do appreciate it very much.

(21-06-2016, 02:41 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Sofia, I think your over thinking things. To your doctor your just another name on his sheet. He isn't your personal friend. Who cares if he knows or not. He isn't going to be able to tell anybody anyway.

(21-06-2016, 01:39 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  Sofia, I would at least go with the bloodwork offer though. Get your liver and kidneys checked out. And find out how well your NBE is doing.

Thanks Jannet for that cold slap of reality. Wink Yes, I understand he cannot tell anyone about me, but that's hardly the point. It is just mostly my own fears getting the best of me. I am not ready to deal the potential questions that could possibly follow. Granted there are a lot of what ifs, and assumptions in my part.

I will do the bloodwork, but out of obligation. He asked me to do it, and I said I would. Just have to remember I need to fast. Actually it is a great week to do it since I am on my NBE break this week anyways. Thank you for your concern Jannet, much appreciated. Smile

(21-06-2016, 07:18 AM)Patience Wrote:  Honestly, you should tell your doctor about any herbs and medications you take that aren't prescribed by him.

The worst that can happen is that he gives a lecture about how he should have been informed sooner, unless you live in one of those ridiculous RFRA states with a huge anti-LGBT contingent.

I know I should tell him about my herbs that I am taking. But technically the sign says please notify if there are any changes in prescriptions I am currently taking. Since the herbs are not prescribed...Blush

I know they could possibly interfere with other things I am taking or prescribed down the road, or other health issues in general. But telling him, would probably lead to questions, questions I am not yet ready to acknowledge in person. Though the thought is very inviting, to acknowledge this to someone in person. I'm just not there yet, I hope I can get there sometime soon.

(21-06-2016, 11:31 PM)Sofia Lauren Bunny Wrote:  
(21-06-2016, 07:18 AM)Patience Wrote:  Honestly, you should tell your doctor about any herbs and medications you take that aren't prescribed by him.

I know I should tell him about my herbs that I am taking. But technically the sign says please notify if there are any changes in prescriptions I am currently taking. Since the herbs are not prescribed...Blush

I know they could possibly interfere with other things I am taking or prescribed down the road, or other health issues in general. But telling him, would probably lead to questions, questions I am not yet ready to acknowledge in person. Though the thought is very inviting, to acknowledge this to someone in person. I'm just not there yet, I hope I can get there sometime soon.

psssst... get the bloodwork done! Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon